Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

16 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

Yeah for sure; like we definitely have to have more run plays than an iso, sweep left/right and counter.

The drive where Auburn missed the FG was infuriating. They gashed OSU on the run and then went to throwing immediately. It made zero sense. 

As great as Sark is on play design, he didn’t help Ewers out one bit. 

2 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

The drive where Auburn missed the FG was infuriating. They gashed OSU on the run and then went to throwing immediately. It made zero sense. 

Dude I know! It made me cringe cause of what Jason Garrett was infamous for (run ball effectively inside red zone and then throw it 3 times for no reason whatsoever) 😂

I have not given up on Ewers, but agree Card have been given a shot after the 1st series of 4th. Ewers did not have it today and seemed the only player he wanted to throw it to was Worthy. He was having an equally bad day. Some games you have to change the chemistry. But overall, the team was flat. Also, not sure what the deal with Red was on the sideline. I would expect the young man to be suspended for a couple of games.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

Dude I know! It made me cringe cause of what Jason Garrett was infamous for (run ball effectively inside red zone and then throw it 3 times for no reason whatsoever) 😂

I definitely put some of this loss on Sark. Find a way to put it in your best players hands.. aka Bijan. 

• Like 2

As much as I wanted to win this game and all the rest, this was just not the year we were going to make the playoffs. I don’t care that there was a 32% chance if we win out. It wasn’t going to happen. Saying that, this loss could help. It certainly gives our coaches things to fix while humbling some players. Saying that TCU may throw for 400 yards, and the QB for Kansas St may rush for 200. In definitely the “glass half full” guy. 

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

Card should’ve entered starting the 4th qtr

• Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Ewers is full of himself and all of Texas football has overhyped this dude all over social media and he believes his own hype, dude just might not be it for Texas.

He's a damn freshman.

If you expected Tom Brady in year one, jokes on you. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ANTI said:

He's a damn freshman.

I fully understand he’s a freshman.  I also dont expect Tom Brady like play.  I do however expect Sark to play to win games.  Oklahoma State made adjustments to the run game to take away the counter play.  What did dark do?  He abandoned the run almost all together.  For a coach that preaches being a run first team he sure is quick to abandon the ground game.  Did he have no running plays to counter the changes Mason made on the Cowboys D?   Late in the 4th they decided to ride Bijan/Rochon for a drive and it worked till he decided to start throwing again.  If Ewers is that off, why not try card? 

I watched the Clemson and Syracuse game.  Dabo benched DJ because he was playing terrible.  He went with the freshman Cade Klubnik and they came back and won the game.  Dabo said that DJ was still their guy, he just had a bad day.  He claimed a team victory and spoke that that’s what a team does, they pick each other up when they have a bad day.  That’s the difference in a great coach and a good coach.  Sark is a good coach.  He will have to learn some humility to become a great coach.  

• Like 1

From the post game conference, Ewers fully owned up to not performing anywhere close to the level he’s capable. Also, his teammates are 100% behind him. Heard on the radio Ewers was warming up pregame with a glove on. Anyone know the reason?

11 hours ago, ANTI said:

He's a damn freshman.

He was getting super star freshmen type hype, people was already projecting his NFL draft stock and off what idk, dude gets super star status, I expect super star results freshman or not, I've seen 2star QBs play better than him, even Sark said he needs to play better.

4 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I fully understand he’s a freshman.  I also dont expect Tom Brady like play.  I do however expect Sark to play to win games.  Oklahoma State made adjustments to the run game to take away the counter play.  What did dark do?  He abandoned the run almost all together.  For a coach that preaches being a run first team he sure is quick to abandon the ground game.  Did he have no running plays to counter the changes Mason made on the Cowboys D?   Late in the 4th they decided to ride Bijan/Rochon for a drive and it worked till he decided to start throwing again.  If Ewers is that off, why not try card? 

I watched the Clemson and Syracuse game.  Dabo benched DJ because he was playing terrible.  He went with the freshman Cade Klubnik and they came back and won the game.  Dabo said that DJ was still their guy, he just had a bad day.  He claimed a team victory and spoke that that’s what a team does, they pick each other up when they have a bad day.  That’s the difference in a great coach and a good coach.  Sark is a good coach.  He will have to learn some humility to become a great coach.  

Ewers plays like that again at K-state, I guarantee you Sark will bench him for Hudson.

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

From the post game conference, Ewers fully owned up to not performing anywhere close to the level he’s capable. Also, his teammates are 100% behind him. Heard on the radio Ewers was warming up pregame with a glove on. Anyone know the reason?

It’s good that he’s owning it.  He can learn and grow from it.  Sark owes it to the team and staff though to do everything to win.  Sometimes that means pulling a player when they’re stinking it up.  

Ewers had his worst game yesterday, yes. It happens. Even the best of QB’s have horrible days. Again, it happens. 
For anyone that wants to throw him out over 1 bad game, you’re doing the exact same thing you’re criticizing others of doing for labeling his draft stock after one great game. How about we see how he bounces back first. 

Oh, and btw, they predict a players draft stock if they’re one of the top players coming out of high school. That’s nothing new. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Theyve played all year long.  3rd down defense has been terrible schemewise.  Oghoufo can’t get to the QB, he is average at best.

They both have broken arms from Saturday, #11 Cook is a big lose

54 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Ewers had his worst game yesterday, yes. It happens. Even the best of QB’s have horrible days. Again, it happens. 
For anyone that wants to throw him out over 1 bad game, you’re doing the exact same thing you’re criticizing others of doing for labeling his draft stock after one great game. How about we see how he bounces back first. 

Oh, and btw, they predict a players draft stock if they’re one of the top players coming out of high school. That’s nothing new. 

I think there is a difference between throwing Ewers under the bus and saying he was having a bad day and a change at QB is necessary for a game. Think the vast majority of the armchair coaches (which I am in that group) believe Ewers is the better QB 3 games out of 4. But yesterday may have been that 1 out of 4. I think the hostile atmosphere in Stillwater impacted his play. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, bordertown said:

I think there is a difference between throwing Ewers under the bus and saying he was having a bad day and a change at QB is necessary for a game. Think the vast majority of the armchair coaches (which I am in that group) believe Ewers is the better QB 3 games out of 4. But yesterday may have been that 1 out of 4. I think the hostile atmosphere in Stillwater impacted his play. 

Oh I’m in tota agreement that he should’ve been replaced in the game yesterday. I said that early in the fourth quarter. My comment was in regards to all the comments acting like yesterday proved Ewers isn’t the answer. 

5 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

He bent his fingernail up and off his pointer finger on his throwing hand earlier in the week. Said he was trying the glove to see if it allowed him to grip the ball better. He also said that wasn’t an issue yesterday but I think it may have been a cause for balls being high. The pointer finger is pretty important when throwing any ball especially a football. 

• Like 2

On 10/22/2022 at 8:51 PM, bordertown said:

I have not given up on Ewers, but agree Card have been given a shot after the 1st series of 4th. Ewers did not have it today and seemed the only player he wanted to throw it to was Worthy. He was having an equally bad day. Some games you have to change the chemistry. But overall, the team was flat. Also, not sure what the deal with Red was on the sideline. I would expect the young man to be suspended for a couple of games.

Seemed I was the only one noticing the Worthy junk. I thought he should have used Sanders to brutalize the Cowboys...he could have been hitting Whittington and Sanders on 5 yard slants to keep away from the wind and eat them up. Should have been using "the Robinsons" out of the backfield for short plays. 

Overall, it was terrible to watch...too many longer passes (whether downfield or to the sidelines from a mile away)...where the 30 MPH wind would move the ball.

• Mr. P locked this topic