Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

14 hours ago, oldschool32 said:

My only issue with Witt is he seems to always give up the long ball. I'm not sure what it is but he is very hitable.

He’s a power arm. Hansen can paint corners and locate every pitch he throws. Stevens is a sinker ball guy. Witt is your hard throwing righty that will get in trouble occasionally by leaving one up in the zone. He’s got the best stuff of the 3 but he’ll probably have the higher era at the end of the season. 

23 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Followed along on Twitter but looked like Texas did a lot of damage with 2 outs. 

Duplantier going 6 and looking dominate is a great development. 

This weekend should be fun.  Tennessee is the #1 scoring team in the nation so far and are at the top of most offensive categories.  Think LSU is close behind as well.  I honestly don't know much about UCLA other than they're ranked around #20 or so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Red90fly said:

This weekend should be fun.  Tennessee is the #1 scoring team in the nation so far and are at the top of most offensive categories.  Think LSU is close behind as well.  I honestly don't know much about UCLA other than they're ranked around #20 or so.

Tennessee has played a JV schedule. There's absolutely no telling what they will do against the better competition.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Tennessee has played a JV schedule. There's absolutely no telling what they will do against the better competition.

Tennessee just played a weekend series against Iona, who has currently been outscored 6-115 in 6 games.

They haven't even sniffed the pitching Texas has.

@LOL

Little update on the Longview kid. 

More on Sawyer Goram-Welch to the offensive line. The Longview (Texas) native made the move last weekend, and despite his initial lack of interest in the position, it appears after speaking to coach Kyle Flood this week, he is viewing the transition as a new opportunity.

Goram-Welch will graduate in December. If he likes the switch, and defensive line coach Bo Davis doesn't move him back in June, which we do not expect, he'll be headed toward a master's degree next spring.

Goram-Welch lives with two other offensive linemen, which should help his progression. He'll also be a member of the Pancake Factory this fall, so paying his part of rent should be even easier.

He is viewed as an interior lineman and will work mostly between right and left guard this spring. He not only adds a much-needed body to the O-line room before the big 2022 recruiting haul arrives this summer, he improves athleticism. Though he would have struggled to become a full-time starter at Texas on defense, he’s not out of place on that side of the ball.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

@LOL

Little update on the Longview kid. 

More on Sawyer Goram-Welch to the offensive line. The Longview (Texas) native made the move last weekend, and despite his initial lack of interest in the position, it appears after speaking to coach Kyle Flood this week, he is viewing the transition as a new opportunity.

Goram-Welch will graduate in December. If he likes the switch, and defensive line coach Bo Davis doesn't move him back in June, which we do not expect, he'll be headed toward a master's degree next spring.

Goram-Welch lives with two other offensive linemen, which should help his progression. He'll also be a member of the Pancake Factory this fall, so paying his part of rent should be even easier.

He is viewed as an interior lineman and will work mostly between right and left guard this spring. He not only adds a much-needed body to the O-line room before the big 2022 recruiting haul arrives this summer, he improves athleticism. Though he would have struggled to become a full-time starter at Texas on defense, he’s not out of place on that side of the ball.

That's awesome! Great to hear of his academic success as well. That's the good stuff.  👍

• Like 2

Texas gets the win against a really good Tennessee team tonight 7-2.  Both starting pitchers were dealing, but Texas got to the Vols bullpen.  

I'd say Tennessee ends up in Omaha, really good team, lineup is scary.

Another good game tomorrow night against LSU.

10 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Texas gets the win against a really good Tennessee team tonight 7-2.  Both starting pitchers were dealing, but Texas got to the Vols bullpen.  

I'd say Tennessee ends up in Omaha, really good team, lineup is scary.

Another good game tomorrow night against LSU.

Hansen got his 6 innings but he wasn’t at his best. 
The bullpen did their job but only Nixon looked like himself. 
Tennessee hit the ball hard but I didn’t feel like the Texas pitchers were as dominant as they have been. It wasn’t so much just a jump in competition, more like they struggled to hit spots. 

Great win despite not pitching great. 

5 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Hansen got his 6 innings but he wasn’t at his best. 
The bullpen did their job but only Nixon looked like himself. 
Tennessee hit the ball hard but I didn’t feel like the Texas pitchers were as dominant as they have been. It wasn’t so much just a jump in competition, more like they struggled to hit spots. 

Great win despite not pitching great. 

I think the way to look at it is Texas may have had an off night pitching, but still only giving up 2 runs to that lineup is impressive.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Did ya'll see after Tennessee's HR the players put some pimp fur coat and pink hat on the guy?

I really don’t think Texas will do anything like this. Heck, they do not even dog pile unless it is in Omaha. The pimp coat is softballish. Hope Texas is above all of this rah rah stuff! Let their game speak for itself.

24,787 total attendance. Probably 60/40 LSU to Texas. 

Stevens was incredible kept them quiet all night. That felt like a totally dominate performance. The Daly error leading to the LSU run was the only negative for Texas tonight. 

Fun night at the ballpark. 

• Mr. P locked this topic