Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

Jaylon Ford is going to be tempted to leave.  Hope he stays.  Should be Big 12 DPOY and get some All-American recognition.

Ford's development plus A&M laying an egg more than likely gets Anthony Hill.

Texas dominated an experienced/veteran DL the 2nd half.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Texas fans should thank Bijan everyday for not transferring. You are a 4 win team without him.

While I agree, I don't know where he would have gone. The only difference between here and somewhere else, is the possible Heisman consideration. He's still probably going to end up a top 5 in rushing yards, and top 5 in passing TDs. I'd say that's pretty good. The only teams with a RB anywhere around him that are still in the playoff hunt are TCU and Michigan. 

13 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Jaylon Ford is going to be tempted to leave.  Hope he stays.  Should be Big 12 DPOY and get some All-American recognition.

Ford's development plus A&M laying an egg more than likely gets Anthony Hill.

Texas dominated an experienced/veteran DL the 2nd half.

Yeah they did. They couldn't stop the run at all the 2nd half. Future is bright for our young o-line. I just hope we can get someone to fill half the hole Bijan and Roschon will leave. Those 2 have been amazing. Both are incredibly special individuals. 

25 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Yeah they did. They couldn't stop the run at all the 2nd half. Future is bright for our young o-line. I just hope we can get someone to fill half the hole Bijan and Roschon will leave. Those 2 have been amazing. Both are incredibly special individuals. 

Johnathan Brooks has looked real good anytime he's come in IMO.  Will have Blue and Baxter coming in and he's an EE.  

With the possibility of not NIL deals I’m not completely sold that Bijan leaves. He seems to love the college atmosphere, and he’s already making a couple mil. Many might ask why chance it, and what does he have to gain? I’m one of those. Honestly if he’s not coming back he shouldn’t even play in the bowl game. 

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

With the possibility of not NIL deals I’m not completely sold that Bijan leaves. He seems to love the college atmosphere, and he’s already making a couple mil. Many might ask why chance it, and what does he have to gain? I’m one of those. Honestly if he’s not coming back he shouldn’t even play in the bowl game. 

I don’t know what else he could show on a college field that would improve his NFL “grade”.

Is Baxter still a sure thing? I remember a lot of Florida State smoke recently. Did that go away?

51 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I hate stats that like.

Your 10 points away from being 6-6 too. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. 

Bottom line is.

It's called progress...

Sark has bought himself at least 5 more years at UT.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I don’t know what else he could show on a college field that would improve his NFL “grade”.

Is Baxter still a sure thing? I remember a lot of Florida State smoke recently. Did that go away?

They said the same thing about Ricky. 

The difference in the defense from last year was night and day.  They still had occasional spurts of breakdowns, but this was a much improved unit.  I was never on the "fire PK" train as the guy had a decade plus of fielding high rated defenses.  I don't think he all the sudden forgot how to coordinate a defense.  Every position group looked improved and we are seeing guys get developed, which has always been Texas' problem.  Ford, Barron, all the interior DL guys, ect improved big time from last year.

Next year, I'd like to see a little more athleticism/speed on the back end and better DE play.  Sorrell is a good player, but Ovie never really provided much of a pass rush.  I think a year of growth from guys like Ethan Burke, J'Mond Tapp, and others will provide a better pass rush on the outside next year.  Keep adding players like from last class and the current one and Texas will have the type of players needed on defense when they enter the SEC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Bottom line is.

It's called progress...

Sark has bought himself at least 5 more years at UT.

Don't kid yourself. He's bought 5 more years for an 8-4 record?? Funniest statement I've heard in a while. At Texas 8-4 records don't get you extensions. 

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

The difference in the defense from last year was night and day.  They still had occasional spurts of breakdowns, but this was a much improved unit.  I was never on the "fire PK" train as the guy had a decade plus of fielding high rated defenses.  I don't think he all the sudden forgot how to coordinate a defense.  Every position group looked improved and we are seeing guys get developed, which has always been Texas' problem.  Ford, Barron, all the interior DL guys, ect improved big time from last year.

Next year, I'd like to see a little more athleticism/speed on the back end and better DE play.  Sorrell is a good player, but Ovie never really provided much of a pass rush.  I think a year of growth from guys like Ethan Burke, J'Mond Tapp, and others will provide a better pass rush on the outside next year.  Keep adding players like from last class and the current one and Texas will have the type of players needed on defense when they enter the SEC.

You give the Credit to PK? Most would give it to Pattersons influence. I would tend to agree with the Patterson narrative. Doubt he would go back to being a College DC, but sure would hate to see him leave. 

17 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

You give the Credit to PK? Most would give it to Pattersons influence. I would tend to agree with the Patterson narrative. Doubt he would go back to being a College DC, but sure would hate to see him leave. 

PK is still calling the plays and it's his defense.  Patterson helps break down film and opponents and thay helps, but yes I give PK the credit.

20 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Don't kid yourself. He's bought 5 more years for an 8-4 record?? Funniest statement I've heard in a while. At Texas 8-4 records don't get you extensions. 

Who said he got it just off 8-4 record?

Think deeper and not like a 5 year old. The record is just a micro piece of the pie...

28 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Who said he got it just off 8-4 record?

Think deeper and not like a 5 year old. The record is just a micro piece of the pie...

"Sark has bought himself atleast 5 more years at UT". Please tell the 5 year old what the hell you are talking about? Sark is 13-11 at Texas. "The record is just a micro piece of the pie". This is the problem with some of you Longhorn fans. You settle for mediocrity. Sark has done nothing. 8-4 in an average Big 12 when you have more talent than everyone in the Conference is nothing to get excited about. I'm guessing you said the same thing when Herman went 10-4 his 2nd year. SMDH......

1 minute ago, eagle34 said:

"Sark has bought himself atleast 5 more years at UT". Please tell the 5 year old what the hell you are talking about? Sark is 13-11 at Texas. "The record is just a micro piece of the pie". This is the problem with some of you Longhorn fans. You settle for mediocrity. Sark has done nothing. 8-4 in an average Big 12 when you have more talent than everyone in the Conference is nothing to get excited about. I'm guessing you said the same thing when Herman went 10-4 his 2nd year. SMDH......

"Sark has done nothing"....

One of the worst things the internet has done is give casuals a voice.

Wah, wah went 8-4....wah wah no different from Herman wahhh...

Texas defensively has not looked the way they have this year....in probably a decade. You can already see the strides that side of the ball has taken.

And even with questionable moments from Sark from time to time, no one cannot deny that his play designs offensively are a thing of beauty. I can only imagine what the offense will look like once he gets majority of players that he recruited in place.

The man is in year 2 and has already progressed from year one. 18 points away from an undefeated record. Did you expect him to go out and win a title this season or something? lol Yes, we should have and could have won some of those matchups but in years' past, we wouldnt have even been in the game. You think Herman comes close to beating Bama without his starting QB? Herman was way too QB dependent with vanilla playcalling and wouldnt have stood a chance. At least let him populate the program with HIS players before writing him off. Which brings me to my next point....recruiting.

Sark's recruiting is probably the largest reason why Texas should hang on to him. Texas has not seen this level of recruiting since the 2000s....especially when talking trench recruiting. He gave us a top 5 class last season and there's really no telling how high this years' class will be when it's all said and done. And he isn't just getting guys with 5* just attached to their names....he is getting football players. 

You're talking to a guy who sorta questioned the hire in the beginning. But I know a good coach when I see one....unlike you...

• Mr. P locked this topic