Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

6 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Anyone heard any updates on Jaylan Ford, whether or not he’s coming back?

I haven't read anything that says he isn't practicing, so I would assume he is coming back. That may change if he gets a good grade from the NFL advisory council or whatever it is called.

5 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

From what I’ve heard he’s leaning heavily on coming back. Him and Hill at LB is scary. I anticipate Hill starting from day 1 most likely.

The Hawaii LB looks really good.  Watch his tape, outstanding in coverage.  

Choate killed it this year with development and recruiting at LB.

39 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

The Hawaii LB looks really good.  Watch his tape, outstanding in coverage.  

Choate killed it this year with development and recruiting at LB.

There is a guy on another board who lives in Hawaii and he does nothing but rave about Lefau. Says he completely dominated the competition.

Just now, Baron said:

There is a guy on another board who lives in Hawaii and he does nothing but rave about Lefau. Says he completely dominated the competition.

Speaking of Lefau, his best friend, Tausili Akana edge, is rumored to be leaning more to Texas than OU at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iRockNewbzz said:

Guess Arch, Baxter and Derek Williams all official now. Interesting to see if Moore flips and if we can land Duce 👀 {if he's not already committed elsewhere}

Duce isn't signing until February.

Looks like all the Texas commits are going to sign today.

Also,

• Like 2
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Tausili Akana signed with Texas today, over OU. That’s a big pick up! 

LB group should be very strong! 

Yeah....the Texas front 7 is going to be nuts in a few years. If we address the interior DL a little more in the next class, wow.

I know a lot of Texas fans wanted to see immediate success overnight but Sark has shown multiple times now that he can pull in very good classes. Bringing in LB, DL, OL and QB prospects that we haven't seen around here in a while....

IMO, his recruiting alone has bought him several years of time to right the ship. Can't wait to see what he can do once the program is full of HIS players.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

^^^j/w because in my head I'm trying to figure out where Burrell, Hill, Lefau, Akana and others will eventually end up lol

This staff will figure it out.  For the first time in a while I saw players develop noticeably.  Mainly in the Ol, Dl and LB.  Apparently JT Sanders wasn’t ready to play last year, but this year he was a threat.  Just get the talent in, they’ll figure the position out.  I still want to see Sark develop more of a killer instinct and learn to step on a neck when needed

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

This staff will figure it out.  For the first time in a while I saw players develop noticeably.  Mainly in the Ol, Dl and LB.  Apparently JT Sanders wasn’t ready to play last year, but this year he was a threat.  Just get the talent in, they’ll figure the position out.  I still want to see Sark develop more of a killer instinct and learn to step on a neck when needed

Yep, for the first time in a long time, Texas has for the most part a staff that can develop and recruit.  I was never on the "Fire PK!" bandwagon as the guy had a decade plus of fielding high rated defenses and we saw huge improvements on that side of the ball this year.  

You couldn't ask for a better LB haul than what Texas signed.  Sark made a pretty good point in the presser yesterday about these guys have actually been playing off-ball LB and not Safety or somewhere else that you'll have to train to play LB.

I wish Texas could have gotten one more interior DL and another DB, but other than that I don't think you can complain about anything.

2 hours ago, iRockNewbzz said:

^^^j/w because in my head I'm trying to figure out where Burrell, Hill, Lefau, Akana and others will eventually end up lol

Part of the problem (which really isn't a problem) is these guys are so dang versatile. They can play multiple spots.

Hill has the 5 stars...yes. But do people really understand what we just signed? He could've been a 4 star RB if he wanted to. He has speed, agility, strength, awareness and rare coverage ability for a front 7 player. True sideline to sideline LB. He can play Mike, Will, Jack...can even play with his hand in the dirt if needed. And that's just Hill. Gullette excites me just as much.

You may see a switch to the 3-4 eventually depending on how good we are in the interior DL in the future.

• Mr. P locked this topic