EF?

Destry

19 hours ago, Destry said:

Are they even interviewing? Maybe they already have their man✅

I believe the job is still posted. I am pretty certain they do not already have their man. This will be an outside hire, no one internal. From what little I know and that is a little.

I heard a board member has reached out to Urban Meyer trying to pull a Mt Vernon & Art Briles situation. 🤪

• LOL! 1

9 hours ago, Ijustwatch said:

I would think they would at least reach out to the following.

Oc/Dc at carthage?

Keeling cant beat him join him

Oc Longview

Head guy at Troup  I like him and his program

Same with Sabine

Same with Tatum

Sabine might be looking soon as well. We shall see. 

21 hours ago, Destry said:

Not too young! 

OLD(er) coach: YOUNG staff; it's the way to go in places like EF in the middle of no where, try to get kids to really buy in... thats the one thing ive noticed about EF.... Seem to be EXTREMELY TALENTED but just not as bought in as they could be... A coach that will hire good assistants is the way to go....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rowebot said:

A coach that will hire good assistants is the way to go....

I completely agree with that but unless EF has significantly raised their stipends or pay then it's going to be a struggle right now to find the good assistants you speak of.  There's a teaching a coaching shortage starting to pop up in Texas and a lot of guys are choosing to go get paid higher and aren't necessarily looking at smaller schools right now.

I'll also throw out there that typically the "good assistants" have families and will need to be able to have a wife that is able to work as well and the last I checked there's not really a lot available in or around EF.  That's why the coaches that get hired at EF are typically young and quite a few are from there.

This is where I still can't fathom why towns like EF (who say they're extremely supportive) don't realize the deficiency they're playing with and help to step up to support the athletic AND educational programs by pushing the school board to try and raise pay or even help to push their kids harder and help hold them more accountable.  

Again, I completely agree with what you're saying but I think EF is going to struggle finding enough people like that to make the "jump" the community thinks it needs to make.

• Like 3