USFL Coaches Announced

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Like the Gamblers choice......

Should draw some Aggie interest. Chizhik was the old Auburn coach. Todd Haley used to be an offensive genius. Bart Andrus won a NFL Europe championship.

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

Should draw some Aggie interest. Chizhik was the old Auburn coach. Todd Haley used to be an offensive genius. Bart Andrus won a NFL Europe championship.

Yeah I was at a Chizik lecture in San Angelo at the Angelo Clinic one summer......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 9:39 AM, Stoney said:

Kevin Sumlin- Houston Gamblers

Gene Chizhik- Birmingham Stallions

Todd Haley- Tampa Bay Bandits

Bart Andrus- New Orleans Breakers

Mike Riley- New Jersey Generals

***I do not see where Gene Chizhik is going to be a HC in the league***

44 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Thats a shame. Chizik would bring a lot of interest in the league to fans in that region with his history at Auburn.

I thought that would have been a home run hire. Really draw some interest from the locals.

If the below is true, they are affiliated, then why does the Houston Team have the same name as the last USFL team?  But I remember the Houston Gamblers years ago, I thought Jim Kelly played for them, and they did their "spring training" in Huntsville, at the Sam Houston Insitute of Technology. 

The USFL is a new, independent American football league controlled by FOX Sports through NSFL HoldCo, LLC, a new business entity. It is not associated or affiliated with the USFL of the 1980s or its owners.

FOX Sports is an official broadcast partner of the USFL and will air games on a weekly basis.

All games in the inaugural season will be played in a single host city. League officials hope to play games in future seasons in the teams’ home markets.

4 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

If the below is true, they are affiliated, then why does the Houston Team have the same name as the last USFL team?  But I remember the Houston Gamblers years ago, I thought Jim Kelly played for them, and they did their "spring training" in Huntsville, at the Sam Houston Insitute of Technology. 

The USFL is a new, independent American football league controlled by FOX Sports through NSFL HoldCo, LLC, a new business entity. It is not associated or affiliated with the USFL of the 1980s or its owners.

FOX Sports is an official broadcast partner of the USFL and will air games on a weekly basis.

All games in the inaugural season will be played in a single host city. League officials hope to play games in future seasons in the teams’ home markets.

That last sentence is crazy stupid.  How are they going to build a local fan base if the fans can't watch the games, and get to know the players.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

That last sentence is crazy stupid.  How are they going to build a local fan base if the fans can't watch the games, and get to know the players.  

Yeah...I don't like that either. I'm sure it has to do with reducing costs but there will not be anyone in the stands.

22 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Yeah...I don't like that either. I'm sure it has to do with reducing costs but there will not be anyone in the stands.

It doesn't show how they plan to do it.  The first thought that came to my mind was it would be similar to the State Playoffs where they play two or three games and allow for attendees to watch all of the games, and if people leave I'm sure they can sell more tickets to get more rears in the seats.  I think it should be at a local level where they teams can run promotions to fill the seats if ticket sales are low.  Plus, they could sell merchandise to the fans.  They won't be able to sell as much merchandise with only two -maybe four I'm guessing teams.  I wouldn't want to travel to a distant city to see my team play each week.  The only team I've ever travelled to see professionally was the New York Yankees, and that was only because I wanted to see the game in Yankee Stadium.  Unfortunately I was unable to attend a game in the House that Ruth built, and had to settle for the House that Jeter build.