72 Percent Believe Students Should Be Taught American Exceptionalism AND ‘Truth About Slavery’

RETIREDFAN1

12 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

The only state I haven't been to is Alaska, and I have no desire to go there.  Two of my brothers were stationed there while in the Air Force, and I have a niece that is currently teaching school in Alaska.  My stepson worked up there during the summer when he was in college, because the resort would pay him to fly up there.  I've heard enough.  I'd rather go to the Himalaya's than Alaska.  

You really should try driving up there some day. Just the view alone was worth it. Very beautiful part of world.

On 1/12/2022 at 5:59 PM, DaveTV1 said:

It was a set of about 25 in brown leather.  If the Longview Library was still set up as it was even until 1991, I could easily find that set.  Things change in 30 years, even at libraries.  I want to say that it is this set, but this doesn't list how many books are included.  I would conclude that by the price that it is.  Amazon.com: Leaders of the Civil War Era Set: 9781604136432: Books  .  I actually used to read encyclopedias and World Books from the third grade up, because I enjoyed learning and reading.  I didn't care how many books there were to read, because I had a voracious appetite for learning.  

Of course you had to read from encyclopedias and world books--they were the GOOGLE of their day. :rofl:

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

Of course you had to read from encyclopedias and world books--they were the GOOGLE of their day. :rofl:

Don't forget the bibliography index cards and microfiche readers we had to do research with.  I actually enjoyed the struggle.

• Like 1