49ers @ Dallas ***NFC WILD CARD GAME***

Wild Card   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• San Francisco 49ers
    • Dallas Cowboys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/16/2022 at 09:30 PM

I've seen what both teams can bring to the table, and hopefully the Cowboys will be rested up after many starters sat Saturday night. I'll go with the Cowboys in a somewhat Classic rematch of the 70's, early 90's, and now.  Jerruh needs to bring in Roger Staubach for one more Captain of the team moment.  Then on to Lambeau.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I've seen what both teams can bring to the table, and hopefully the Cowboys will be rested up after many starters sat Saturday night. I'll go with the Cowboys in a somewhat Classic rematch of the 70's, early 90's, and now.  Jerruh needs to bring in Roger Staubach for one more Captain of the team moment.  Then on to Lambeau.

So long as they handle their business against SF, they would most likely go to Tampa, not GB. 

Let’s take a look at the NFC playoff schedule and play out the possibilities.

Green Bay got the bye so they will sit out the Wildcard Round. #2 Tampa Bay hosts #7 Philadelphia. #3 Dallas hosts #6 San Francisco, and #4 Los Angeles hosts #5 Arizona.

There is no way the Cowboys will play the Packers in the next round if they win in the Wildcard Round. If no upsets occur, Dallas will travel to Tampa Bay for the Divisional Round, and Los Angeles will go to Green Bay. If Philadelphia upsets Tampa Bay, they will go to Green Bay and the Cowboys will host the winner of Los Angeles/Arizona.

Dallas can only meet up with Green Bay in the NFC Conference Championship game. Further, if Green Bay loses in the Divisional Round, then the Cowboys could host that game if the Bucs are out of it, too. Philadelphia upsetting the Bucs in the Wildcard Round, and the Packers in the Divisional Round, would set up a Philly/Dallas Championship Game in Dallas as long as the Cowboys also win their games.

If all goes to form and the top four seeds advance to the Divisional Round, then if the Cowboys can beat the Bucs, and Los Angeles beats Green Bay, then the Cowboys host the Championship Game. The same would be true if Arizona beats Los Angeles and then Green Bay.

Getting the third seed over the fourth seed was very important for the Cowboys as long as they can avoid getting upset in the Wildcard Round.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2022/1/10/22876569/nfl-playoff-schedule-dallas-cowboys-third-seed-important-nfc-scenarios-green-bay-packers

• Like 2

The Cowboys as a team cannot keep from making mistakes.......whether it be in the lines or on defense or on offense.  They are just not as disciplined as you need to be at this level to keep from shooting themselves in the foot against quality teams.  SF has made far less mistakes and therefore have more plays go their way.

At some point Dallas will need to go long in the passing game......looks like SF is just too fleet of foot covering those short to midrangers.  One on one long maybe gets a PI or a big reception.......can't be any worse than what's happening now.  The Dallas D having trouble stopping the run.

27 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Silliest story I’ve seen but prime Stephen/Jerry if it happens, McCarthy loses today then he’ll be fired and one of Kellen Moore/Dan Quinn will get promoted to HC. Dallas doesn’t want to lose both.

Jerry is in love with Kellen Moore but I don't see how you can fire a coach that wins 12 games his second season.