Waskom’s Whitney Keeling to Tatum

Eagleborn

Hard to judge future success of a program on sub-varsity results, especially in small schools.  Sometimes your kids grow a little earlier than others, but may get passed in a year or two.  Then you may be playing against teams who have already moved their kids up to the varsity who are the same age.

But, i'd rather them be 35-2 than 2-35...thats for damn sure!

12 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Big difference in players. 
Tatum had several players go to the NFL from the 80’S and 90’S teams and a few from the 2000 era. 
They were sending a bunch to DI schools. I don’t have a clue what happened to the talent pool in Tatum. 

Didn't help none when we stopped transfers.Lost a lot of Talent 

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

Hard to judge future success of a program on sub-varsity results, especially in small schools.  Sometimes your kids grow a little earlier than others, but may get passed in a year or two.  Then you may be playing against teams who have already moved their kids up to the varsity who are the same age.

But, i'd rather them be 35-2 than 2-35...thats for damn sure!

Yeah, I’ve seen good JV teams fizzle at the Varsity level and mediocre JV teams turn the corner and get a lot better as varsity players. Too many variables to accurately predict how good those younger guys may play. Like you said though, it always makes you more comfortable to see your JV being successful. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nationalpastime said:

I heard a square toed kicking boot and back brush were in the works as well.

New square toed kicking shoe is much needed since the last one was worn out from all of the punting done during college... Also, will the back brush work in other areas as well?  Hair has been spreading rather quickly of late...

On 1/12/2022 at 10:59 AM, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Let’s face it, coaches will say they’re in for the long haul to get the job when really they are just waiting on somewhere else to open up. If you look around, there are lots of coaches moving around each year. The grass is always greener somewhere else. So sometimes it is the board or the Supe, and sometimes it’s not although the board and Supe always seem to get the blame. 

The sup knows the truth. No need to blame anyone. 

I'm Hearing from a Really Good source that Tatum is fixing to make one of the biggest hires in all of East Texas and maybe the State. One of the most Successful guys in East Texas not name Surratt. Be on the the Look out for this to Happen as soon as next week according to my sources. Get Ready Tatum the Culture is about to Change and fast.  

• LOL! 1

36 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

I'm Hearing from a Really Good source that Tatum is fixing to make one of the biggest hires in all of East Texas and maybe the State. One of the most Successful guys in East Texas not name Surratt. Be on the the Look out for this to Happen as soon as next week according to my sources. Get Ready Tatum the Culture is about to Change and fast.  

Gipson from PG?  Or the Waskom guy?

• Eagleborn changed the title to Waskom’s Whitney Keeling to Tatum