Waskom’s Whitney Keeling to Tatum

Eagleborn

1 hour ago, hsfootball21 said:

I see they' re graduating a lot. What do we know about their sub varsities and middle school teams?

We have a nasty D1 defensive lineman coming back. One of our RBs return and got a couple moving up that are pretty salty. We got a good QB coming up. He’s more of a pocket passer but he’s accurate. Also have a couple of tall targets for the QB to throw to and they can catch well. Got a young group that will be in high school in about 3-4 years that won little league Super Bowl. We got some talent coming up its just not as concentrated as the last class we had. Have 3 LBs coming back as well. Also return a WR/SS. 

9 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

4th coach in 7 years correct? A little weird and a rough stretch for a place that many would consider a "good job". Desire to stay in Tatum should be a focal point of the job search. 

Let’s face it, coaches will say they’re in for the long haul to get the job when really they are just waiting on somewhere else to open up. If you look around, there are lots of coaches moving around each year. The grass is always greener somewhere else. So sometimes it is the board or the Supe, and sometimes it’s not although the board and Supe always seem to get the blame. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anahuac12 said:

Won't be best year at Beckville....7th thru varsity was like 35-2 this year...they have a lot coming up

Things Change in 3-4 years. I remember years ago New Diana had a super group of 8th grade boys. Undefeated football year, as seniors 2-8. Things change.

On 1/10/2022 at 7:05 PM, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Jax been open since November and with the class we graduated, the writing was on the wall. Didn’t take a genius to figure out we would likely be making a hire this year. 

He left on a good year lining up with realignment as well.

1 hour ago, Destry said:

Things Change in 3-4 years. I remember years ago New Diana had a super group of 8th grade boys. Undefeated football year, as seniors 2-8. Things change.

If I was a coach I'd love to have a total program record of  35-2. Things change your right but at least all teams are going the right direction.  Turnover and philosophies of coaching changes can hurt a program no doubt.  Looks to me that Tatum has struggled to be elite like in the years past. Maybe get Coach Crawford back like in the 90s. Eagles were rolling under him.

3 hours ago, Cat51993 said:

If I was a coach I'd love to have a total program record of  35-2. Things change your right but at least all teams are going the right direction.  Turnover and philosophies of coaching changes can hurt a program no doubt.  Looks to me that Tatum has struggled to be elite like in the years past. Maybe get Coach Crawford back like in the 90s. Eagles were rolling under him.

Big difference in players. 
Tatum had several players go to the NFL from the 80’S and 90’S teams and a few from the 2000 era. 
They were sending a bunch to DI schools. I don’t have a clue what happened to the talent pool in Tatum. 

4 hours ago, Cat51993 said:

Johnny is 70 (plus or minus a year) now.  Probably not looking to get back into coaching a Texas high school football team.

11 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Big difference in players. 
Tatum had several players go to the NFL from the 80’S and 90’S teams and a few from the 2000 era. 
They were sending a bunch to DI schools. I don’t have a clue what happened to the talent pool in Tatum. 

The rise of Carthage probably didn't help.

• Thanks 1

• Eagleborn changed the title to Waskom’s Whitney Keeling to Tatum