Waskom’s Whitney Keeling to Tatum

Eagleborn

31 minutes ago, hogwash said:

Is this a done deal,  has the board voted on this?   We all remember what happened a few years back!  ago!! 

Yea our supe back then was shady. He’s the reason we didn’t get Keeling then. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, frozeng03 said:

That’s going to be nasty with your athletics and his system. 

That, my friend, is what we are all hoping for. With our speed....we should hopefilly have a stable of ball carriers for that system.

3 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

That, my friend, is what we are all hoping for. With our speed....we should hopefilly have a stable of ball carriers for that system.

If Keeling continues to run the flexbone you are getting a QB who not only reads the option very well he can take it to the house with speed. He can also step back and throw the ball on a line drive if needed and no problem throwing deep. 

36 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

If Keeling continues to run the flexbone you are getting a QB who not only reads the option very well he can take it to the house with speed. He can also step back and throw the ball on a line drive if needed and no problem throwing deep. 

I'm betting he'll still run it. 

12 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Should be a wide open district for the new coach. Too bad Tatum can’t beat Gladewater 😂 Good hire Tatum!

We'll see what happens with Keeling and our new staff he brings with him lol. We lost a lot but return like 6 LBs that all started at some point last year lol. And Watson plays MLB as well. We should be deep at LB lol. I bet he moves Redwine to safety and Norris to CB or safety. Norris is the only returning RB he has. He's smaller, like 5'9 165ish but he's got break away speed and runs hard. He should excell at the wing position in Keeling's flexbone.

12 hours ago, WETSU said:

I wouldn’t count on it. I think the whole purpose of taking the Tatum job is to run a different offense. Going to be hard for Keeling to make that jump much higher without changing. You won’t get much better than Waskom in terms of talent differential between opponents. And the tighter talent gets the less the offense works. 

Award for worst take on this thread. Keeling moving to run another offense that he's won two state championships with? Like he's just tired of winning with it lol. 

The offense that every service academy uses to bridge their gap in talent, isn't an offense to use when you don't have superior talent? 

I would be shocked if Keeling doesn't run the Flexbone. If a QB is coming with him that will push the offense years ahead of what it would be starting fresh. Biggest thing is kids and community have to be on board with doing something unique. Buy in to not playing the same type of game showcased on Saturdays. As long as the armchair coaches don't think they know more than a 2 time state winning coach at the first sign of trouble, Tatum can make some noise under Keeling.