Waskom’s Whitney Keeling to Tatum

Eagleborn

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Yeah, should be interesting for sure. It's gonna take some getting used to, seeing us run out and take the field in the flexbone. Not just for us, hell..... all of yall too lol.

You know we don’t defend those types of offenses very well. Maybe this will be the year y’all break the streak. If we will play early in district again it will be our advantage since y’all will still be learning the new system. 

12 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

You know we don’t defend those types of offenses very well. Maybe this will be the year y’all break the streak. If we will play early in district again it will be our advantage since y’all will still be learning the new system. 

Assuming we’re all in the same district again. Never know with the uil. 

10 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Just depends on how Keeling wants to handle it his 1st season. Go with an easier sked to break in the new scheme.....or swing for the fence.....will be interesting to see what he does. 

He normally doesn’t schedule hard teams pre district if you go back and look at Waskoms schedules they normally play down a classification or 2.  Even the Timpson game last season wasn’t a scheduled game. I not saying nothing wrong with it either he is building kids confidence by winning and usually winning big but normally in past he takes the easier pre district games. I would expect the same thing but prob will try to schedule teams he is use to playing like EF or WR teams like that. 

57 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I mean think about it, we went all the way through the hiring process in 2015 with interviews and such. This time, it happened so quickly, it’s apparent that we knew who we wanted and went after him. 

Must be nice to have leadership that knows who they want ! How to get him and then brings him in within a weeks time I know a few places that could learn a thing or two 😂

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

With the success he has had at Waskom, I'm surprised he hasn't landed a bigger,  better/higher paying gig than Tatum .... seems like more of a lateral move, at best, to me ....

Of course it would to you. To each his own. Small town guy who has some of the best facilities, program wide, in the state now. Might be all he needs, all he wants. Ya never know. 

3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

With the success he has had at Waskom, I'm surprised he hasn't landed a bigger,  better/higher paying gig than Tatum .... seems like more of a lateral move, at best, to me ....

You could be right... to you... To him it might be different. Still close to home, facilities second to none, don't have to worry about the girls side and of course money. 

4 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

You could be right... to you... To him it might be different. Still close to home, facilities second to none, don't have to worry about the girls side and of course money. 

Tatum hungry for Football success and willing to provide resources and support early also a plus

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

I thought he might jump to a plum 4A gig ....

On 1/16/2022 at 10:59 AM, Mox4 said:

Tatum needs a guy who is young, hungry, and wants to rebuild a program that has pretty much everything. Tatum has the facilities, Athletes, and the money to attract people to the job, but they can’t seem to keep the guys they hire. They have struck out the last 3 times in searching for “the guy” this time they need to look for someone who is young and can bring a young energetic staff who is looking to build a program and bring back life to a program that has revolving door lately. As I read earlier The OC and DC have teaching positions… which I get you have to be an educator first but most OC’s and DC’s at other schools are not in a classroom and if they are they are not teaching 7 classes a day. So what it sounds like to me is Tatum needs to become more coach friendly so they can keep guys around longer for more than 1-3 years at a time. It’s gonna take more then just hiring a “big name” to turn it around it’s gotta start all the way at the top with administers and trickle down all the way down to the athletes to get them to buy into the program and the guy they are bringing in.

Yes! But, the inexperienced School Board is too heavily involved for that to happen.