Waskom’s Whitney Keeling to Tatum

Eagleborn

On 1/20/2022 at 12:34 AM, Eagleborn said:

Yea because the school board that has a combined 60+ years experience is too inexperienced.

I just think Tatum needs to switch it up and go for somebody younger. The “seasoned vet” coach hasn’t worked out in Tatum’s favor lately. 

8 hours ago, Mox4 said:

I just think Tatum needs to switch it up and go for somebody younger. The “seasoned vet” coach hasn’t worked out in Tatum’s favor lately. 

This seasoned vet checks all the boxes. They didn't miss with this one. 

Guest Tiger03lb

I think the only way this could go wrong for Tatum is if Tatum folks expect winning right off the bat. You'd think that it may take a year or two and give him the chance but sometimes not the case when you get a good coach to come in with a record like he has. Hope it all works out and Tatum is a yearly contender each year. 

26 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

I think the only way this could go wrong for Tatum is if Tatum folks expect winning right off the bat. You'd think that it may take a year or two and give him the chance but sometimes not the case when you get a good coach to come in with a record like he has. Hope it all works out and Tatum is a yearly contender each year. 

We lose 26 seniors.....nobody expects him to create fireworks year one lol. However, he will have a QB coming with him that runs his offense very dad gum well. Couple that with our speed.....it could possibly be a decent 1st year. If the QB wasn't coming it coulda been very ugly, with that key component, it certainly brightens up the possibilities for the beginning. It'll take time for his staff to implement their scheme and culture.....thats understood. 

Guest Tiger03lb
9 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

We lose 26 seniors.....nobody expects him to create fireworks year one lol. However, he will have a QB coming with him that runs his offense very dad gum well. Couple that with our speed.....it could possibly be a decent 1st year. If the QB wasn't coming it coulda been very ugly, with that key component, it certainly brightens up the possibilities for the beginning. It'll take time for his staff to implement their scheme and culture.....thats understood. 

You know how that goes, you got people who expect to win (everyone has them) and then one's that have common sense but I don't see Tatum being that way after the last two years. 

5 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

You know how that goes, you got people who expect to win (everyone has them) and then one's that have common sense but I don't see Tatum being that way after the last two years. 

Sure, there will be idiots ready to run him off after 1 year if he doesn't go 13-2 and make it to the semis. "He ain't no good Bobby Gene, I'm tellin ya."

15 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

All about buying into that culture and how quickly it takes hold. The amount of talented kids that Tatum has will help the football part of it very quick but its getting that culture to mold will be key. I expect some kids to absolutely thrive in that system.

On 1/23/2022 at 8:45 AM, Mox4 said:

You're talking like Keeling is in his 60's....

You think they should hire a guy who has been coaching for 5 years???

48 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

You're talking like Keeling is in his 60's....

You think they should hire a guy who has been coaching for 5 years???

How long has China  Springs former state championship coach been coaching? Isn't he like 25 or close to that age.

2 hours ago, VonG said:

How long has China  Springs former state championship coach been coaching? Isn't he like 25 or close to that age.

I think he's closer to 30.  He was also hired by his dad, so he was a known commodity to the school and the AD.  It was a smart move, no doubt.  I think the odds of striking out on hiring a 25 year old head coach are greater than someone who has a 10-20 year old history.