Tom Bean

supermaroon

They finally got out of executive session.

As above it is Steve Fex, recently DC at McKinney Boyd, at Colleyville Heritage, Southlake Carroll, Coppell and Dripping Springs before that among others.

His college stints include as a student assistant at Western Oregon, a GA at Washington and an assistant at Southern Utah.

This is his first time as a head coach in Texas, was a head coach in Oregon in the late 80s.

5 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

As above it is Steve Fex, recently DC at McKinney Boyd, at Colleyville Heritage, Southlake Carroll, Coppell and Dripping Springs before that among others.

His college stints include as a student assistant at Western Oregon, a GA at Washington and an assistant at Southern Utah.

This is his first time as a head coach in Texas, was a head coach in Oregon in the late 80s.

Not much stick ability in one place—should fit in well at TB😂😂😂

11 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

the late 80s? how old is this guy?

4 hours ago, GraysonFan said:

He won’t stay there long, terrible facilities, poor leadership in the district and limited athletes now and coming up.  No growth in the town, not sure why he took that job except to have HC/AD on the resume.

The man has coached for 37 years.  He won a state championship as HC in Oregon.  He coached in the Rose Bowl with the Huskies.  I could be wrong but I don't think he is trying to pad his resume with just being a HC at Tom Bean.  I think he's coming because he thinks he can take the worst program in the state and win a championship in a few years.  It would be a pretty cool way to finish off a long career.  

https://gohuskies.com/sports/2013/4/18/208223430.aspx

7 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

The man has coached for 37 years.  He won a state championship as HC in Oregon.  He coached in the Rose Bowl with the Huskies.  I could be wrong but I don't think he is trying to pad his resume with just being a HC at Tom Bean.  I think he's coming because he thinks he can take the worst program in the state and win a championship in a few years.  It would be a pretty cool way to finish off a long career.  

Wont hurt his retirement either.

6 hours ago, supermaroon said:

Heard he was the guy they wanted for months wonder why it took them so long to agree? 

Probably had something to do with his longtime HC retiring last week and working out all the details.  

https://starlocalmedia.com/mckinneycouriergazette/sports/mcbride-calls-it-a-career-longtime-football-coach-looking-forward-to-family-time-in-retirement/article_7cfcda52-7a55-11ec-a944-6f7430f65a69.html

2 hours ago, ObiOne said:

I’m talking about I’m Texas.  Not when these kids weren’t born in Oregon!!  He was a GA at Washington 20 years ago.  

There aren’t any coaches going to win a state championship at Tom Bean anytime soon.  They are terrible in a terrible district. 

We will see if he commutes or moves to Tom Bean on his plans to stay.  I hope he does stay, they have been the worst academic and athletic school in the area for awhile and I’m sure their kids would like to do a little better.

12 minutes ago, GraysonFan said:

I’m talking about I’m Texas.  Not when these kids weren’t born in Oregon!!  He was a GA at Washington 20 years ago.  

There aren’t any coaches going to win a state championship at Tom Bean anytime soon.  They are terrible in a terrible district. 

We will see if he commutes or moves to Tom Bean on his plans to stay.  I hope he does stay, they have been the worst academic and athletic school in the area for awhile and I’m sure their kids would like to do a little better.

I feel like you are not seeing the big picture.  Multiple years at South Lake Carroll, Coppell, Dripping Springs, McKinney Boyd.  Has his own line of instruction videos.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=steve+fex&crid=866PPZ1HYKR0&sprefix=steve+fox+%2Caps%2C277&ref=nb_sb_noss

Doesn't appear to be some burn out chump trying to make a couple more bucks in retirement.  I'm sure that wouldn't hurt his feelings.  But that can't be his motivation.  I don't have a dog in the fight.  But the people involved are winners, their kids are winners, and TB will be winners in every sport within the next couple years.  Can they bring it all the way to the top?  To be determined but they will for sure compete at a high level.

25 minutes ago, GraysonFan said:

I sure don't have a dog in this fight.

But, Tom Bean has gotten it wrong so many times.

This is definitely the best hire they could have made.

He will be the best coach since Chad Worrell left.

2 hours ago, ObiOne said:

I feel like you are not seeing the big picture.  Multiple years at South Lake Carroll, Coppell, Dripping Springs, McKinney Boyd.  Has his own line of instruction videos.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=steve+fex&crid=866PPZ1HYKR0&sprefix=steve+fox+%2Caps%2C277&ref=nb_sb_noss

Doesn't appear to be some burn out chump trying to make a couple more bucks in retirement.  I'm sure that wouldn't hurt his feelings.  But that can't be his motivation.  I don't have a dog in the fight.  But the people involved are winners, their kids are winners, and TB will be winners in every sport within the next couple years.  Can they bring it all the way to the top?  To be determined but they will for sure compete at a high level.

The people involved and the kids are winners?  Not trying to be rude but winning in what??  We are in Howe and Tom Bean doesn’t win anything more than we do, and I’m not considering us as winners.  You need to win things to be a winner.

5 hours ago, GraysonFan said:

The people involved and the kids are winners?  Not trying to be rude but winning in what??  We are in Howe and Tom Bean doesn’t win anything more than we do, and I’m not considering us as winners.  You need to win things to be a winner.

No worries. I think they will probably see some more folks wanting to go there once they see improvements in the district