Tom Bean

supermaroon

Tom bean is loving this. Getting any type of attention is good for a struggling school district. But it is definitely a head scratcher why he would take this job seems like a lot better jobs out there. One thing I'm concerned with is people hinting at some recruiting going on. And if that's the case be careful you could get the uil involved by upsetting your area schools by recruiting their kids.

33 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

Not familiar with TB other than they arent very good? why is that people from the area?

They are bad at football because their football team is full of bad football players. 

In all seriousness, why send your kids there when Bells, VA, Whitewright, Sherman are all down the road? Hard for them to compete with the opportunities presented just minutes away. 

2 hours ago, Rowebot said:

Not familiar with TB other than they arent very good? why is that people from the area?

Tom Bean is not very good, because they usually lack talent and always lack discipline.

Even when Chad Worrell was there, and I would consider him a relatively strong disciplinarian, the kids wee still undisciplined,

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Tom Bean is not very good, because they usually lack talent and always lack discipline.

Even when Chad Worrell was there, and I would consider him a relatively strong disciplinarian, the kids wee still undisciplined,

must have backed out of to many games

• LOL! 1

• 2 months later...

Already complaints filed with UIL from multiple districts is the word.  There is a dad from Bells that is apparently getting home school kids from around the area there to just play sports with his son, as their school district is the worst in the county academically. And they are pulling kids from McKinney and apparently being pretty blatant about it.  Word is some school board members are involved.  Curious to see what their superintendent does about it.  

On 4/2/2022 at 11:42 AM, GraysonFan said:

Already complaints filed with UIL from multiple districts is the word.  There is a dad from Bells that is apparently getting home school kids from around the area there to just play sports with his son, as their school district is the worst in the county academically. And they are pulling kids from McKinney and apparently being pretty blatant about it.  Word is some school board members are involved.  Curious to see what their superintendent does about it.  

This can't be true. Who in their right mind would want to go to Tom Bean to play sports when you have so much better facilities and teams in the surrounding area. But if this is true what are the possible consequences for the people involved? Also can the teams and coaches be punished for this?

4 hours ago, supermaroon said:

This can't be true. Who in their right mind would want to go to Tom Bean to play sports when you have so much better facilities and teams in the surrounding area. But if this is true what are the possible consequences for the people involved? Also can the teams and coaches be punished for this?

I’ve heard it was started by a dad or dads of home school boys in Bells.  Wanted their kids a chance to play high school sports and Tom Bean was only one willing to go for it.  Tom Bean has been awful lately so I guess they were desperate.  Pretty sure some of the stuff if true isn’t going to end well for some people involved. 

2 hours ago, GraysonFan said:

I’ve heard it was started by a dad or dads of home school boys in Bells.  Wanted their kids a chance to play high school sports and Tom Bean was only one willing to go for it.  Tom Bean has been awful lately so I guess they were desperate.  Pretty sure some of the stuff if true isn’t going to end well for some people involved. 

Wow really bad look for an already terrible place. Are the kids at least good? 

On 4/2/2022 at 11:42 AM, GraysonFan said:

Don't home school kids have to live in the district in order to comply with the new home school rules?  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Don't home school kids have to live in the district in order to comply with the new home school rules?  

According to section 33.0832 e of the Texas Education Code: A non-enrolled student may only participate in a league activity for the school in the school district that the student would be eligible to attend based on the student's residential address. A non-enrolled student who seeks to participate in a league activity on behalf of a school shall be required to establish minimum proof of residency acceptable to the district in the same manner as an applicant to attend a school in the district under Section 25.001.

They can only compete in the district that they live in. IF that district allows them to. If they want to play and the district isn't taking any  home schooled kids then they are SOL. 

• Like 2

Yeah so they will probably have to transfer and attend school there or establish residency.  It’s not hard to get an address, always remember what that guy did a few years back in Bridgeport for basketball.  Took like four top players and all got a house with him out there and they won a state championship and then they were gone.  UIL is already on to some people at Tom Bean is what I’m hearing.

15 hours ago, GraysonFan said:

Yeah so they will probably have to transfer and attend school there or establish residency.  It’s not hard to get an address, always remember what that guy did a few years back in Bridgeport for basketball.  Took like four top players and all got a house with him out there and they won a state championship and then they were gone.  UIL is already on to some people at Tom Bean is what I’m hearing.

Man, I sure hope that UIL investigation doesn't ruin the proud history of Tom Bean! lol

• Like 1

Tom Bean letting a few outsiders come in and run things and get them into more debt, lol.  There is nothing in Tom Bean and they have gotten pressured into hiring people and building things by parents that aren’t even living there and some not even sending their kids to school there!  Can’t wait to see the implosion of this district when some don’t get their way.

• Like 1