Tom Bean

supermaroon

8 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Incorrect, every student that transfers from one Texas school to another is eligible at one UIL school....example the QB at Sherman tried to move to Gunter and was denied, so he went back to Sherman 

Okay yeah that makes sense.  Player would only be eligible from school he came from?  In the case of homeschoolers though, what’s the course there?  They couldn’t go try it at another public school I wouldn’t think and be eligible immediately.

Edited by GraysonFan

Just now, GraysonFan said:

Okay yeah that makes sense.  Player would only be eligible from school he came from?  I’m the case of homeschoolers though, what’s the course there?  They couldn’t go try it at another public school I wouldn’t think and be eligible immediately.

Homeschoolers are a different deal because technically they dont attend a school..my assumption would be they would be eligible in the ISD they reside in if they enrolled at the school

8 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Incorrect, every student that transfers from one Texas school to another is eligible at one UIL school....example the QB at Sherman tried to move to Gunter and was denied, so he went back to Sherman 

But being that the homeschool kids weren’t playing anywhere when they were recruited (were they?) where would they be eligible to play?

Just now, MattStepp said:

Homeschoolers are a different deal because technically they dont attend a school..my assumption would be they would be eligible in the ISD they reside in if they enrolled at the school

If they live in a district that didn’t “check the box” are they not able to play anywhere?

That whole situation at TB is a mess though.  Listening to the audio of their meeting with the state committee, one of the kids transferred to TB from Whitewright but lives in the Trenton district.  Then another one lives in Tom Bean school district but transferred from private, and then the other one transferred from private but family recently moved from Bells district to TB district.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Slickarick said:

interesting. Question is who hires these guys after they leave TB that allowed this to happen. definite stain on the resume

My sources say the people involved are still there and plan on riding the big money they've been paid till retirement so no skin off their backs.

53 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

My sources say the people involved are still there and plan on riding the big money they've been paid till retirement so no skin off their backs.

Wow.. must be closer than i am to that date then.. would be nice to get paid what i heard they paid they them. Havnt done a FOIA but if its close thats crazy money at a small school.

• 11 months later...