Jump to content

Tom Bean


supermaroon
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm curious about this.  So it is impermissible recruiting for anyone officially associated with a school district to encourage existing residents within their district to attend the public school rather than being home schooled or attending a private school?  That just seems ridiculous if that was actually what the violation was about.  If it was move to our district and you don't have to actually go to school but you can play sports that would be one thing but the way that article presents it is that they were already there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like the SEC appeal was this morning.  Anyone word on the results?

AUSTIN, Texas — The State Executive Committee of the University Interscholastic League will convene at 9:00 a.m. Wednesday, September 7, via teleconference to determine the eligibility of student-athletes and determine rules violations. It will be available Live on the UIL State Executive Committee Page.

A schedule of Wednesday’s hearing follows:

Hearing (AA-DD)

9:00 a.m.

AA.

Tom Bean High School: Appeal of District 6-2A Division I Executive Committee Decision Regarding Eligibility of a Student-Athlete, Section 443, Changing Schools for Athletic Purposes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Can we get the cliff's notes version without signing up for the paper?  Do we know when the SEC appeal hearing is?

Hasn't been determined yet -- if you go by precedent, within the next month but it depends on how many cases are in the queue

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If upheld you have to feel terrible for the ACTUAL Tom Bean kids they are the ones being punished for crimes of outsiders that were trying to cheat the system. An who will probably leave for private school before the week is over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, supermaroon said:

If upheld you have to feel terrible for the ACTUAL Tom Bean kids they are the ones being punished for crimes of outsiders that were trying to cheat the system. An who will probably leave for private school before the week is over.

*and insiders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Gobstopper77 said:

*and insiders.

I sure hope there wasn't insiders involved. I have heard there were but I thought noway people are dumb enough to sacrifice their own kids for people not in the district. If they did shame on them and people should lose their jobs or positions of power.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

I sure hope there wasn't insiders involved. I have heard there were but I thought noway people are dumb enough to sacrifice their own kids for people not in the district. If they did shame on them and people should lose their jobs or positions of power.

Let's face it, for a 3 year ban to be imposed there is proof more than just rumor.  You can usually figure out some involved when their social media accounts have been deleted since Tuesday night.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is straight from the Tom Bean ISD website

Message from Superintendent Kelly Lusk Dear TBISD Community:

On Tuesday, September 6, 2022, the Football UIL District Executive Committee convened to discuss allegations against the Tom Bean Independent School District regarding athletic recruiting. These allegations stemmed from the recent enrollment of local home school students into the District. The Committee, comprised of local superintendents and athletic directors, determined TBISD engaged in athletic recruiting and voted to disqualify the District from football honors for a period of three years. Disqualification from district honors denies the awarding of district championship honors and participation in UIL contests beyond the district level. The Committee’s decision only applies to football. TBISD strongly denies any allegations that District officials and/or parties affiliated with the District recruited students for athletic purposes. Rather, the District believes these allegations are the result of local resentment following the District’s decision to allow home school students to attend TBISD through the District’s open enrollment policy. TBISD is committed to allowing all students in the community an equal opportunity to participate in the District’s educational programs in a meaningful way. As a result, TBISD plans to appeal the decision made by the District Executive Committee to the State Executive Committee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

This is straight from the Tom Bean ISD website

Message from Superintendent Kelly Lusk Dear TBISD Community:

On Tuesday, September 6, 2022, the Football UIL District Executive Committee convened to discuss allegations against the Tom Bean Independent School District regarding athletic recruiting. These allegations stemmed from the recent enrollment of local home school students into the District. The Committee, comprised of local superintendents and athletic directors, determined TBISD engaged in athletic recruiting and voted to disqualify the District from football honors for a period of three years. Disqualification from district honors denies the awarding of district championship honors and participation in UIL contests beyond the district level. The Committee’s decision only applies to football. TBISD strongly denies any allegations that District officials and/or parties affiliated with the District recruited students for athletic purposes. Rather, the District believes these allegations are the result of local resentment following the District’s decision to allow home school students to attend TBISD through the District’s open enrollment policy. TBISD is committed to allowing all students in the community an equal opportunity to participate in the District’s educational programs in a meaningful way. As a result, TBISD plans to appeal the decision made by the District Executive Committee to the State Executive Committee.

Already been appealed and denied. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Gobstopper77 said:

Already been appealed and denied. 

3 kids appealed the DEC decision for moving for athletic purposes and those have been denied by the SEC.  Still a number of kids to go through the state appeal process as well as the 3 year playoff ban decision on the football team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have an big honking convoluted question?if you as a student are found to be in violation of uil policy,are you (said student athlete) banned from uil activities even if you move on from said school that was also found in violation? Weird question I know but it jumped out at meet when I mulled it over 🤷‍♂️

Edited by upullinmychain
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

I have an big honking convoluted question?if you as a student are found to be in violation of uil policy,are you (said student athlete) banned from uil activities even if you move on from said school that was also found in violation? Weird question I know but it jumped out at meet when I mulled it over 🤷‍♂️

I would think so.  I think they would not be eligible at any other UIL school.   Probably have to go private school or out of state.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GraysonFan said:

I would think so.  I think they would not be eligible at any other UIL school.   Probably have to go private school or out of state.

Incorrect, every student that transfers from one Texas school to another is eligible at one UIL school....example the QB at Sherman tried to move to Gunter and was denied, so he went back to Sherman 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...