Just now, chubbychecker said:

You're only concerned about your agenda, which we all saw, you're trying to advocate for someone to get a job on a chat forum. As if that has anything to do with the actual job selection, but you may not know that's not how it works.  You also may not care what it does to those coaches daily lives or the kids they deal with, but hey let's make sure you get your agenda points in....fella

nice story.

2 minutes ago, chubbychecker said:

I'm retired.  Don't have a dog in the fight.  I do however care about kids and coaches because I been there.  Maybe figure out how adulting works. Definitely not crying over clueless actions of immature people.

you sure seem to be about as pleasurable as an itchy but hole.

have a wonderful day, and an even better retirement.

4 hours ago, chubbychecker said:

If you were a coach on the list you wouldn't......trust me i been there

Any reasonable person understands that a coach is much like anyone in any job. Many are happy with the position they’re in, but it doesn’t hurt to test the waters once in a while. You work a job to provide for your family, and you want to be the best provider you can be. Sometimes that means leaving a position you’re happy in to take a position elsewhere that allows you to do better for your family. I’ve worked in the oil and gas industry for 22 years now. At one point, I was extremely happy with my job, working for someone I respected greatly and considered a great friend. But it became very obvious that I had pretty much reached the ceiling as far as pay and benefits. I checked around and an opportunity presented itself with a major producer that offered much more money and extremely good benefits. I made the jump and it’s the best career move I’ve ever made. My former boss and I are still friends. Football coaches are no different from the rest of us. No one should begrudge their coach for looking for an opportunity to provide better for his family. 

On 2/16/2022 at 5:39 PM, trueblue82 said:

Any reasonable person understands that a coach is much like anyone in any job. Many are happy with the position they’re in, but it doesn’t hurt to test the waters once in a while. You work a job to provide for your family, and you want to be the best provider you can be. Sometimes that means leaving a position you’re happy in to take a position elsewhere that allows you to do better for your family. I’ve worked in the oil and gas industry for 22 years now. At one point, I was extremely happy with my job, working for someone I respected greatly and considered a great friend. But it became very obvious that I had pretty much reached the ceiling as far as pay and benefits. I checked around and an opportunity presented itself with a major producer that offered much more money and extremely good benefits. I made the jump and it’s the best career move I’ve ever made. My former boss and I are still friends. Football coaches are no different from the rest of us. No one should begrudge their coach for looking for an opportunity to provide better for his family. 

Amen. I am not a HFC but I am a current coach here in ETX. 

Hard pill for some people who get their feelings hurt to swallow: we don't owe you sh*t. We should be able to put our family in the best possible situation, just like other community members should. A coach leaving doesn't always mean he hates his job and town. 

On 2/16/2022 at 5:39 PM, trueblue82 said:

you see where one of the "finalist" named Marcus Graham(current Beaumont United HC) was repositioned within the district?

just so happens his repositioning took place the day after the Beaumont Enterprise newspaper had an article announcing him being a finalist.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

you see where one of the "finalist" named Marcus Graham(current Beaumont United HC) was repositioned within the district?

just so happens his repositioning took place the day after the Beaumont Enterprise newspaper had an article announcing him being a finalist.

I did not see that. I haven’t heard much about Beaumont United. Westbrook seems to be the football powerhouse in Beaumont. Does United have a winning program?

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

I did not see that. I haven’t heard much about Beaumont United. Westbrook seems to be the football powerhouse in Beaumont. Does United have a winning 

Beaumont Central  merged with Beaumont Ozen to create United. The school first year was 2018.

2018) 2-8 , 2019)5-5,  2020) 4-5 & 2021) 4-7

Graham only coached 2020 & 2021. there.  Those 8 wins in 2 years are a vast improvement in comparison to his overall  record  at El Paso Socorro(where he coached before Unitted) 

combined record at Socorro 0-30

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

Beaumont Central  merged with Beaumont Ozen to create United. The school first year was 2018.

2018) 2-8 , 2019)5-5,  2020) 4-5 & 2021) 4-7

Graham only coached 2020 & 2021. there.  Those 8 wins in 2 years are a vast improvement in comparison to his overall  record  at El Paso Socorro(where he coached before Unitted) 

combined record at Socorro 0-30

Harvey helped. Imelda helped. Hell Laura helped. 

On 2/28/2022 at 6:29 PM, JasperDawg said:

This is going to get worse for smaller schools. As long as their is a threat of it getting out that you are putting you name in for a job is going to be made public some coaches are going to think long and hard about just applying for just any job. I don't think it will effect your bigger paying jobs that much, but those schools that some coach will take a little pay cut to become a AD Head Football Coach for the first time are going to start thinking long and hard before just throwing their name out there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 514 said:

This is going to get worse for smaller schools. As long as their is a threat of it getting out that you are putting you name in for a job is going to be made public some coaches are going to think long and hard about just applying for just any job. I don't think it will effect your bigger paying jobs that much, but those schools that some coach will take a little pay cut to become a AD Head Football Coach for the first time are going to start thinking long and hard before just throwing their name out there.

in this particular situation I can see United upset with someone who has only been 2 years at the school and was on a 30 game losing streak when they hired him , you'd think he would  more loyal than most.

The other thing I gotta think within the coaching profession that applying for open jobs is expected, but the failure to communicate up if/when your a finalist and the school finds out via the daily news paper it could understandably so cause ill feelings. He denied being a finalist but he was. I had already posted here at smoaky a week before that,

that he was in final four.(which to be honest that worried me).

4 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

in this particular situation I can see United upset with someone who has only been 2 years at the school and was on a 30 game losing streak when they hired him , you'd think he would  more loyal than most.

The other thing I gotta think within the coaching profession that applying for open jobs is expected, but the failure to communicate up if/when your a finalist and the school finds out via the daily news paper it could understandably so cause ill feelings. He denied being a finalist but he was. I had already posted here at smoaky a week before that,

that he was in final four.(which to be honest that worried me).

Before I got out of the Coaching part after 25 years most ADs I work for told me at an early stage in my career that I should put in for some jobs just to keep up your interview skills. Most just ask that you keep them updated. I only worked for one AD that really took it the wrong way.