OAN To Be Dropped By DIRECTV

BarryLaverty

5 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’m having a difficult time getting passed your description of CNN as “mid left”.  On the other hand, the Left is so far off the charts, so even CNN & Pravada are considered mid left.  No doubt in my mind the democrats of the 1980’s would be described as flaming redneck conservative Terrorist today.  Deal is, the New Left has left Left in the rear view mirror (drink 20 beers and say that real fast 😂😂😂).

CNN is as middle as leftist news gets unless you want to talk about some of the ABC etc prime time segments that’s vary in hardcore to middle left… CNN is consistently left, but not complete extremism 

• LOL! 1

31 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

CNN is as middle as leftist news gets unless you want to talk about some of the ABC etc prime time segments that’s vary in hardcore to middle left… CNN is consistently left, but not complete extremism 

Okay, I bow to your obvious intimate knowledge.  I don’t watch it.  I do watch CBS Evening News and that’s as Left as I can get/go/stomach/tolerate/take/condone, etc. etc.

• 1 year later...
On 1/16/2022 at 1:22 PM, BarryLaverty said:

I dropped DIRECTV about a month ago, to go straight Firestick, but not because they carried a lame 'conservative' channel, but because they were too expensive for the value. Hulu and Netflix and HBO Max and Disney and Paramount and Prime have us covered. 

And if you add all those up on a monthly basis, what do you get?

On 1/17/2022 at 9:33 AM, Hagar said:

I’m about two miles down from where the internet cables stop.  Limits my choices.  I do wonder why eliminate OAN and keep CNN?  Talk about a divisive pos.

It could be a money thing. It's possible OAN wants too much money to be carried.

On 1/17/2022 at 10:30 AM, Hagar said:

I’m having a difficult time getting passed your description of CNN as “mid left”.  On the other hand, the Left is so far off the charts, so even CNN & Pravada are considered mid left.  No doubt in my mind the democrats of the 1980’s would be described as flaming redneck conservative Terrorist today.  Deal is, the New Left has left Left in the rear view mirror (drink 20 beers and say that real fast 😂😂😂).

I spit coffee all over my front porch when I read that too ... :rofl:

14 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

It could be a money thing. It's possible OAN wants too much money to be carried.

Sounds like your right. Newsmax wanted to much money.  So it was a business decision by DirecTV.  DirecTV will be replacing Newsmax with another conservative leaning news show.  

On 1/16/2022 at 1:48 PM, EnjoyLife said:

Only problem I have is that we use EasTex Telephones internet service and it cuts out/freezes/glitches way more than it should imo. 

In fairness to Eastex Tele Co-op...last repair guy they sent out spent probably 3 hours working on the problem...and since then (3-4 months) our service has been terrific 👍