The Official 2022 Dallas Cowboys Off-season Thread

The Dallas Cowboys have won 3 post season games in the last 26 years...yet they sell more merch (most years) than any other NFL team and are worth more than any other sports franchise on earth. The Cowboys are worth more than the NY Yankees...more than the LA Lakers...more than Manchester United. Why is that? It is certainly not because of their performance. A while back Bill Coates (92.1...espn east texas) said that the Dallas Cowboys are a marketing business that plays football. I think he was right. Jerry Jones is the greatest marketing guy in the history of sports...but as the owner/prez/gm of a team...not so much. I guess the last quarter century has proven that being a great businessman is more important than the product you are selling.

Need to throw some money at Schultz and lock him up, let Connor Williams and Gregory go, draft a Guard and a DT with the first two picks in the draft, then add depth to the defense and maybe another OL. Probably can afford to keep Gallup easier since he got injured. I like Pollard, but if they can't afford to keep him, they should be able to draft a solid backup to Zeke. If they add a receiver I would like to see them add a taller 6'3 + guy. Today's loss hurts, but this roster is close to being elite, IMO. Also with the loss, it helps our chances to keep both coordinators, which I believe we should. 

Paying a slightly above average RB $15+ million and a slightly above average QB $30+ million limits what you can spend/get at the other positions…..more than likely the Cowboys will compete to make the wildcard round the next few years but not much more until those 2 contracts are off the books. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m highly anti pay your RBs. You don’t do it. However when it comes to QBs, with the way the game has evolved, you have to pay them. Obviously it’s going to be top dollar. Should Dak have been locked up to a cheaper long term deal before he was franchise tagged? Oh heck yes. The way QB contracts are going $40m plus is the new going rate. That Jaylon Smith was extended and then cut is a issue. That Zeke was paid and then restructured is a issue. BFD380AE-A2E5-4962-99BB-EABE2704E544.png

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2022 at 8:11 PM, Vernon said:

Need to throw some money at Schultz and lock him up, let Connor Williams and Gregory go, draft a Guard and a DT with the first two picks in the draft, then add depth to the defense and maybe another OL. Probably can afford to keep Gallup easier since he got injured. I like Pollard, but if they can't afford to keep him, they should be able to draft a solid backup to Zeke. If they add a receiver I would like to see them add a taller 6'3 + guy. Today's loss hurts, but this roster is close to being elite, IMO. Also with the loss, it helps our chances to keep both coordinators, which I believe we should. 

I'd keep Randy Gregory.  He had some solid games and if we can retain him for under $4 million a season I say sign him.  I wish we could cut Zeke, but his dead cap is over $11 million next year unless we can trade him and sign Pollard.  I think Gallup is going to get big bucks as a free agent.  I do agree with more OL help in the draft, and some for the secondary.  

On 1/16/2022 at 7:53 PM, EnjoyLife said:

The Dallas Cowboys have won 3 post season games in the last 26 years...yet they sell more merch (most years) than any other NFL team and are worth more than any other sports franchise on earth. The Cowboys are worth more than the NY Yankees...more than the LA Lakers...more than Manchester United. Why is that? It is certainly not because of their performance. A while back Bill Coates (92.1...espn east texas) said that the Dallas Cowboys are a marketing business that plays football. I think he was right. Jerry Jones is the greatest marketing guy in the history of sports...but as the owner/prez/gm of a team...not so much. I guess the last quarter century has proven that being a great businessman is more important than the product you are selling.

Nailed it ..... Jerruh is fat and happy ....