Waskom —- Nationwide search?

Destry

2 hours ago, quickshot said:

Just facts.. him an crew left for a reason.. no matter what it was we failed to meet his standards.  An we will probably hire someone with less standards.. we generally have athletes all around but if u don't have the correct guy it ain't going to work seen it for years before Keeling came.. alot of wasted talent.. 

You know something we don’t?

2 hours ago, quickshot said:

Just facts.. him an crew left for a reason.. no matter what it was we failed to meet his standards.  An we will probably hire someone with less standards.. we generally have athletes all around but if u don't have the correct guy it ain't going to work seen it for years before Keeling came.. alot of wasted talent.. 

Quick I don't mean to disagree with you but getting 12 years out of a winning coach with two state championships and 5 Semifinal appearances and keeping him that long says something about the School Board. A move up to a good school that can afford to pay him more along with his DC & OC is only practical Waskom is by no means a wealthy school district. I have no doubt we will get another very good coach and I hope he can make the same mark that Whitney did. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rowebot said:

You guys think yall will have a down year or two?? and by down i mean down for waskom as of late....

Losing our QB will set us back because he was a master at running our offense as a 10th grader, I was looking forward to two more great years out of him but it wasn't to be. Waskom does have another ready to play and with Hamilton hitting his senior year we will be ok at running back. Losing your entire offensive line though will be rough going this year so Waskom will not be as tough and from the potential schedule I seen it does not get any easier  

1 minute ago, Rowebot said:

You guys think the board there is smart enough to go for a guy that wont change the offence? will there be any 1 on staff?

Not a lot of people run that flexbone and who ever comes I assume can bring the OC and DC with them if they chose to going to have to have those. 

14 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Not a lot of people run that flexbone and who ever comes I assume can bring the OC and DC with them if they chose to going to have to have those. 

Yeah....pretty sure Keeling is bringing both of his coordinators as well as a few more. 

5 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Yeah....pretty sure Keeling is bringing both of his coordinators as well as a few more. 

I think it's been established that there are numerous coaches going with Keeling but yet you keep bringing it up. My guess is that you love pouring salt in a wound.

7 hours ago, LSUTIGERS said:

I think it's been established that there are numerous coaches going with Keeling but yet you keep bringing it up. My guess is that you love pouring salt in a wound.

Not at all. I'm sorry that you felt that way. I hope yall knock it outta the park with your new hire and I bet yall do. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 1:24 PM, Rowebot said:

You guys think the board there is smart enough to go for a guy that wont change the offence? will there be any 1 on staff?

Plenty of coaches out there that could come in and make some changes without having to abandon the schemes that have worked for them in the past. Think of Coastal Carolina and what they do with the triple option out of shotgun. Good coaches come in with a plan to assess what system best fits the players, not just the system they prefer to run. 

9 hours ago, TheYoungeCoach said:

Plenty of coaches out there that could come in and make some changes without having to abandon the schemes that have worked for them in the past. Think of Coastal Carolina and what they do with the triple option out of shotgun. Good coaches come in with a plan to assess what system best fits the players, not just the system they prefer to run. 

Thanks for the coaching philosphy there coach ghandi

6 minutes ago, TheYoungeCoach said:

You're welcome. Thanks for the pessimistic view of change is bad and everything must remain the same in order to be successful.

if it aint broke..........................................................................................................................................................................

11 hours ago, Rowebot said:

if it aint broke..........................................................................................................................................................................

Assess the ability of your players and run a system that fits their strengths… even if it’s not a 100% carbon copy of the previous staff.