Baseball pre-season rankings

Sportsfanatic1

12 hours ago, swaha said:

If it had not been for the kid from Rusk, Sinton probably would have won the tournament. PG had the better draw and it worked in their favor. PG has a really good team this year. They will have to find some vocal leaders. They lost some strong senior leadership that had a lot of passion. 

Sinton was the most complete team there but Rusk had the best pitcher there 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Sinton and CC Cal are the 2 best teams by far…..BUT if the Rusk kid (Vandy commit) is on the hill he is capable of beating them like he did in Austin last year.   PG and LE should both do well in the region.    

Let's face it, Rusk got lucky in all those flips for one gamers leading up to the state tournament. As far as JD goes I don't see him stepping foot on the Vandy campus. MLB all the way.

On 1/22/2022 at 5:31 AM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Let's face it, Rusk got lucky in all those flips for one gamers leading up to the state tournament. As far as JD goes I don't see him stepping foot on the Vandy campus. MLB all the way.

Not just one game series, but one gamers on a Wednesday. UIL came down this year and flipping people to play on Wednesday is no longer allowed. Thursday-Saturday is fair game, unless the two teams agree to play on Wednesday. But, you can no longer flip someone to play before Thursday. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So at the halfway point of district has any opinions changed about what teams should make deep runs? Rusk appears to have struggled a bit this season. Even though they are 7-12 overall they are 3-1 in district. I think region 3 will be won by Bellville, China Spring, or Orangefield. Unless Rusk gets the one gamers all the way to state like last season lol

On 1/24/2022 at 10:47 AM, SilkyJohnson said:

Not just one game series, but one gamers on a Wednesday. UIL came down this year and flipping people to play on Wednesday is no longer allowed. Thursday-Saturday is fair game, unless the two teams agree to play on Wednesday. But, you can no longer flip someone to play before Thursday. 

They got us (Bellville) in the regional finals and chose to play on Wednesday because they knew our Ace pitched the Saturday before and wouldn’t be able to pitch by Wednesday. Props to them but I’m glad there are no more Wednesday games

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Utfan06 said:

So at the halfway point of district has any opinions changed about what teams should make deep runs? Rusk appears to have struggled a bit this season. Even though they are 7-12 overall they are 3-1 in district. I think region 3 will be won by Bellville, China Spring, or Orangefield. Unless Rusk gets the one gamers all the way to state like last season lol

Spring Hill has quietly gone 18-2 and undefeated in district.  👀

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Diboll is going be tough to beat, 3 dudes on the bump. Two of them are 90+ one lefthanded and one righthanded.

The third is solid. Could give some of the traditional 3A teams in Region 3 a run for their money.

If Diboll has 2 dudes in the 90’s and another good one they should be state tournament bound in 3a.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

If Diboll has 2 dudes in the 90’s and another good one they should be state tournament bound in 3a.  

That’s what I was thinking.. unless your offense is complete trash then you should probably make it lol

58 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Can they beat the likes of PG, LE & NL when it matters is the big question?

When the pitcher going to Rice is on , North Lamar hard to beat.  PG will have a chance to be there in the end but pitchin after jennings throws gets a little suspect.