Baseball pre-season rankings

Sportsfanatic1

Just now, regaleagle said:

The #1-#4 Seeds for the State Tournament in Austin are still anyone's guess.....depending on the outcomes this week and next week.  Anything could happen in these rounds.......every team still playing has the capability of winning their region.

Records do count in determining the seeding once the winners are determined from each region, but records mean nothing in head to head battles on the field at this point. You have to figure that the teams still playing all have at least one top-quality pitcher, or perhaps two.

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

Yep......gotta agree with these picks.  Celina has proven by their record and competition played they belong.  They have a group of quality pitchers and good hitting.  CS looks to be very strong in most categories.  Sinton should be a "shoe-in" despite having to face the winner of Boerne vs Calallen.  BUT......any of these 3 could emerge as the Region 4 Champ.

Just giving you a hard time lol hopefully your wrong about that region 3 pick lol

8 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Carthage wins game one of the series with Bellville, 6-2. 
Game 2 is Saturday, at 5 pm.

If a 3rd game is needed, it’ll be played 30 minutes after the conclusion of game 2.

Go Dawgs!!!

Y’all looked good! Idk what’s been going on with the lefty that pitched for Bellville but he just hasn’t been good this postseason… his control just vanished compared to the regular season and last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Utfan06 said:

Y’all looked good! Idk what’s been going on with the lefty that pitched for Bellville but he just hasn’t been good this postseason… his control just vanished compared to the regular season and last year.

Baseball is sometimes a fickle thing like golf, sometimes you’re good for long periods of time and then sometimes you hit a little lull in performance.

We’ll see if the Bulldogs can keep winning.

🤞🤞

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 5:59 AM, Utfan06 said:

So your picking the highest ranked team left in each region? Bold strategy lol

But I’m picking Celina to win the whole deal and they’re not ranked #1..LOL. And it pains me to pick them as they may be my least favorite school ever. 

Well it looks like Sinton and Calallen (if CC can win game 2 over Bourne) will face off again in the region 4 finals.    Picking Sinton of course.   SH and Celina will probable the best regional final match up with both pitching staffs being rock solid.    

4 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Well it looks like Sinton and Calallen (if CC can win game 2 over Bourne) will face off again in the region 4 finals.    Picking Sinton of course.   SH and Celina will probable the best regional final match up with both pitching staffs being rock solid.    

Sinton is something else 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Utfan06 said:

Sinton is something else 

IF there is a team in Region 4 that could possibly hang with Sinton, it appears that Calallen would be that team.  They do have some good pitching and hitting.  Just not sure if they will be able to keep Sinton down offensively.  May have to have a pitching gem and get some key hits too.  Sinton may be the best high school baseball team in the whole state of Texas regardless of classification......most probably are!

Spring Hill vs Celina will be a great matchup for the Region 2 Final.  SH may be able to quiet some of those Celina bats with their pitchers, but Celina has some excellent pitchers as well.  This series looks pretty darn even to me.  I'm leaning toward a Celina win......I think they have the hosses this season in all categories......pitching, hitting, and defense.

Argyle vs Stephenville will be a rematch from a year ago......although both teams are quite a bit different from last season. Stephenville has all those seniors and very good athletic types while Argyle starts 7 underclassmen and are young. Argyle does have some good pitching and defense, but are not consistent offensively.  They are very good defensively.....turned 5 double plays in the 2 games against Springtown.   I think Stephenville is better offensively, but maybe not against Argyle's pitching......we will find out soon.

Argyle baseball has morphed into "baseball players only" with its teams now.  They all start young and play on select teams around the Metroplex.  At one time, Argyle had players from football and other sports playing baseball, but now it is mainly baseball players that "might" play another sport too.  The Eagles are ready for 5A for sure.....in all categories.  They once again have a huge lead in the The Lone Star Cup standings and will most likely win it again for the 12th time in their 17 seasons......just remarkable.

Speaking of the Lone Star Cup standings in 4A this season.....Celina is positioned in 2nd place behind Argyle and has a chance to get some points in the baseball category this season.  It won't be enough......Argyle has 122 pts to Celina's 81 count and Argyle is also deep into the baseball playoffs.  Argyle will win some of the other UIL categories not tallied yet as well.  But Celina is all by itself in 2nd place with a commanding margin ahead of 3rd place Boerne that has 72 pts. and just ousted from the playoffs by Calallen this week.  So maybe Celina will get 2nd place in the 4A Lone Star Cup this season.  I'm pretty sure Celina and a host of other schools will be very happy to wave goodbye to Argyle as they move up to 5A next season.  It's been a successful farewell season for the Argyle Eagles in 2021-22.

53 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Speaking of the Lone Star Cup standings in 4A this season.....Celina is positioned in 2nd place behind Argyle and has a chance to get some points in the baseball category this season.  It won't be enough......Argyle has 122 pts to Celina's 81 count and Argyle is also deep into the baseball playoffs.  Argyle will win some of the other UIL categories not tallied yet as well.  But Celina is all by itself in 2nd place with a commanding margin ahead of 3rd place Boerne that has 72 pts. and just ousted from the playoffs by Calallen this week.  So maybe Celina will get 2nd place in the 4A Lone Star Cup this season.  I'm pretty sure Celina and a host of other schools will be very happy to wave goodbye to Argyle as they move up to 5A next season.  It's been a successful farewell season for the Argyle Eagles in 2021-22.

I wish Argyle wasn’t moving up so we could still possibly play y’all in the playoffs, especially football.

However, the numbers obviously do not make that possible.

Good luck in 5A.

2 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Spring Hill vs Celina will be a great matchup for the Region 2 Final.  SH may be able to quiet some of those Celina bats with their pitchers, but Celina has some excellent pitchers as well.  This series looks pretty darn even to me.  I'm leaning toward a Celina win......I think they have the hosses this season in all categories......pitching, hitting, and defense.

Reagle - I’d say Celina and SH are dead even on paper.  This one will come down to the little things.  Errors, small ball, walks, etc.  I definitely see this one going 3 games.

Welp......looks like we got in another year in the UIL Texas High School sports schedules and agendae this season......I just hope we can see at least one more year without any interventions by the Elitists of the world.  I am thankful to God Almighty that we were able to enjoy this season and prayerful that we might enjoy another one.  But not at the expense of untimely deaths, illnesses, and freedoms.  There will be huge challenges ahead for all of us to confront and hopefully overcome.

• Like 1

According to the schedules of the regional playoff games this week.....looks like CC Calallen won a flip and chose to play a one-gamer against Sinton.....the ONLY one-gamer in this regional finals round.  I reckon they know Sinton's team pretty darn good, huh? They must figure they will have a better chance against Sinton with their ace in a one-game result rather than trying them on with a best of 3 series.  Can't say I disagree with that decision.....and I don't know anything close to what the Calallen staff and players know about this season's Sinton Pirates baseball team.  I"m not pulling for anybody except my Argyle Eagles this week.  Good Luck to everyone else and Play Ball the way you have worked so diligently to do for this time in the season.

4 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

According to the schedules of the regional playoff games this week.....looks like CC Calallen won a flip and chose to play a one-gamer against Sinton.....the ONLY one-gamer in this regional finals round.  I reckon they know Sinton's team pretty darn good, huh? They must figure they will have a better chance against Sinton with their ace in a one-game result rather than trying them on with a best of 3 series.  Can't say I disagree with that decision.....and I don't know anything close to what the Calallen staff and players know about this season's Sinton Pirates baseball team.  I"m not pulling for anybody except my Argyle Eagles this week.  Good Luck to everyone else and Play Ball the way you have worked so diligently to do for this time in the season.

It is possible that I have it backwards......that maybe Sinton won the flip and decided THEY like their ace in a one-gamer against a pretty darn dangerous CC Calallen.  I was only assuming the other more obvious scenario, but I could be wrong.  I really have not heard and have no first-hand knowledge of what really led to this one-gamer in the Region 4 Final.

The Region 2 Final of Spring Hill vs Celina begins on Wednesday evening in a best of 3 series and could end on Thurs. night......but could extend to Friday night.  But we do know this......The Region 4 Final winner will emerge from the one-gamer played this week on Thursday night.  The Region 1 and Region 3 Finals are best of 3 series also......and their winners will not be known until at least Friday night because the first games begin on Thursday night. 

18 hours ago, regaleagle said:

It is possible that I have it backwards......that maybe Sinton won the flip and decided THEY like their ace in a one-gamer against a pretty darn dangerous CC Calallen.  I was only assuming the other more obvious scenario, but I could be wrong.  I really have not heard and have no first-hand knowledge of what really led to this one-gamer in the Region 4 Final.

Sinton and Calallen also played a 1 gamer last year in the same position with Sinton winning 2-1.   Sinton has beaten Calallen this season already 11-3 earlier this year.   

12 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Sinton and Calallen also played a 1 gamer last year in the same position with Sinton winning 2-1.   Sinton has beaten Calallen this season already 11-3 earlier this year.   

That should pretty much sum up the question on this one-gamer, huh?   Good Luck to Calallen......they will need it.