Baseball pre-season rankings

Sportsfanatic1

8 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

If Diboll has 2 dudes in the 90’s and another good one they should be state tournament bound in 3a.  

Diboll may have the best SS in the state as well. Their infield is the best I have seen this year. 

19 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Diboll is going be tough to beat, 3 dudes on the bump. Two of them are 90+ one lefthanded and one righthanded.

The third is solid. Could give some of the traditional 3A teams in Region 3 a run for their money.

I have heard they do not suck

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

21 hours ago, Utfan06 said:

So at the halfway point of district has any opinions changed about what teams should make deep runs? Rusk appears to have struggled a bit this season. Even though they are 7-12 overall they are 3-1 in district. I think region 3 will be won by Bellville, China Spring, or Orangefield. Unless Rusk gets the one gamers all the way to state like last season lol

They were a little banged up during tournament time. They are full strength now. 

My state tourney picks by region:

Reg 1 - Gotta take Argyle (Easiest path to tourney)

Reg 2 - Very tough region with Mid Heritage, SH, Celina, Aubrey, PG, NL and LE.  Taking PG until a team knocks them off.

Reg 3 - Another tough region with Hudson (who never makes the tourney) Silsbee, Bellville, CS and Rusk.  Going against the grain and taking Bellville.  Rusk can win it again if 1 gamers

Region 4 - Best 3 in the state play in this region (Sinton, Calallen and Bourne).  Sinton is the best team in the state.  Bourne is similar to Rusk with a guy that can beat anyone.   Sinton to Austin BUT it’s baseball and stranger things have happened.

On 4/10/2022 at 7:32 AM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Hey Kilgore peeps @WhoamI97539, what's going on with the baseball program?

They are dealing with some injuries and a few are worrying about track at the moment. The track guys might be back pretty soon unless they keep placing. I haven't heard anything on the injured players other than they were still out as of last Friday the 8th. Other than that they better find a answer quickly.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 7:43 PM, BlackShirtD said:

Reg 2 - Very tough region with Mid Heritage, SH, Celina, Aubrey, PG, NL and LE.  Taking PG until a team knocks them off.

Reg 3 - Another tough region with Hudson (who never makes the tourney) Silsbee, Bellville, CS and Rusk.  Going against the grain and taking Bellville.  Rusk can win it again if 1 gamers

Region 4 - Best 3 in the state play in this region (Sinton, Calallen and Bourne).  Sinton is the best team in the state.  Bourne is similar to Rusk with a guy that can beat anyone.   Sinton to Austin BUT it’s baseball and stranger things have happened.

Region 3 is gonna be a battle. Orangefield will be in the mix as well. Bellville has the team to do it BUT their bats cooled off the second half of district against teams like Sealy and El Campo. The Ace for Bellville is a lefty and only sits 81-84 on his fastball but has some good stuff. They have a couple other righties that sit mid 80s and one that can touch 90 . We will see if the bats come back around starting with Hardin Jefferson this week who isn’t  t a pushover by any means 

1 hour ago, Utfan06 said:

Region 3 is gonna be a battle. Orangefield will be in the mix as well. Bellville has the team to do it BUT their bats cooled off the second half of district against teams like Sealy and El Campo. The Ace for Bellville is a lefty and only sits 81-84 on his fastball but has some good stuff. They have a couple other righties that sit mid 80s and one that can touch 90 . We will see if the bats come back around starting with Hardin Jefferson this week who isn’t  t a pushover by any means 

Whoever comes out of the Region will have to get through Rusk and JD Thompson/Mason Cirkel. Rusk would be ranked very high if JD had been available for the entire season. Carthage will be a factor as well. 

34 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Whoever comes out of the Region will have to get through Rusk and JD Thompson/Mason Cirkel. Rusk would be ranked very high if JD had been available for the entire season. Carthage will be a factor as well. 

Trust me I haven’t forgotten about Rusk. Knocked Bellville out 2-1 in the Regional Finals last year… 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Utfan06 said:

Trust me I haven’t forgotten about Rusk. Knocked Bellville out 2-1 in the Regional Finals last year… 

Their record is deceptive. Most teams can likely expect to start the series 0-1. Cirkel is one of the better #2 pitchers out there as well.

On 4/11/2022 at 10:40 PM, 89Falcon said:

Diboll may have the best SS in the state as well. Their infield is the best I have seen this year. 

That left side is insanely talented. SS and 3B are very good defensively. As a team they are probably the best 3A we saw this year. I am curious about where Woodville will fit in going forward. I hear they have some injuries. Obviously Central Heights will have a say in the region as well...

4A Region III is loaded. I have Orangefield as my favorite to take it right now, but it will be a battle for whoever gets out...

35 minutes ago, topher805 said:

That left side is insanely talented. SS and 3B are very good defensively. As a team they are probably the best 3A we saw this year. I am curious about where Woodville will fit in going forward. I hear they have some injuries. Obviously Central Heights will have a say in the region as well...

4A Region III is loaded. I have Orangefield as my favorite to take it right now, but it will be a battle for whoever gets out...

I was high on Diboll… but that first game vs Kountze they only won 1-0. Granted the second game wasn’t as close but still

16 minutes ago, Utfan06 said:

I was high on Diboll… but that first game vs Kountze they only won 1-0. Granted the second game wasn’t as close but still

The ace for Kountze isn't bad. They don't do a lot to beat themselves, especially when he is on the mound. 

But as far a pick to win the region… I wanna pick my Brahmas but I need to see them play better than they did the second half of district. China Spring is the team I’m worried about. And of course Rusk is Rusk.

• 2 weeks later...

The cream is beginning to rise now in the playoffs.  Pitching, fielding, and keeping the errors to the very minimum along with double plays to help your pitcher out.  Baserunners any way you can get on......putting the bat on the ball and not looking at 3rd strikes. It's time to play your best baseball of the season.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2022 at 7:43 PM, BlackShirtD said:

Final picks:

Reg 1 = Argyle

Reg 2 = Spring Hill

Reg 3 = Bellville

Reg 4 = Sinton

Reg 2 & 3 could be LE, Celina, Rusk, Orangefield.  Flip a coin

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlackShirtD said:

Final picks:

Reg 1 = Argyle

Reg 2 = Spring Hill

Reg 3 = Bellville

Reg 4 = Sinton

Reg 2 & 3 could be LE, Celina, Rusk, Orangefield.  Flip a coin

Rusk has been eliminated. I’m going with Argyle, Celina, China Spring & Sinton

7 hours ago, Utfan06 said:

So your picking the highest ranked team left in each region? Bold strategy lol

Yep......gotta agree with these picks.  Celina has proven by their record and competition played they belong.  They have a group of quality pitchers and good hitting.  CS looks to be very strong in most categories.  Sinton should be a "shoe-in" despite having to face the winner of Boerne vs Calallen.  BUT......any of these 3 could emerge as the Region 4 Champ.

Argyle(32-3-1) starts 3 sophs and 4 juniors this season......a young team trying to learn how to keep winning.  The seniors have been instrumental to these young players in leadership roles......helping the younger players to work hard in practices and come together in the "team first" concept.  Argyle does have 3 very quality senior pitchers already committed to the next level.

The #1-#4 Seeds for the State Tournament in Austin are still anyone's guess.....depending on the outcomes this week and next week.  Anything could happen in these rounds.......every team still playing has the capability of winning their region.