Per Biden - George Floyd Death More Impactful than Martin Luther King Assassination

ObiOne

I will say George Floyd killing got people talking about Police Reform.

MLK was preaching peacefulness, and equality.  And, he was murdered and to be honest nothing changed much after his death.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

I will say George Floyd killing got people talking about Police Reform.

MLK was preaching peacefulness, and equality.  And, he was murdered and to be honest nothing changed much after his death.

Our police officers still have to patrol the streets, and the only thing I would say is to remove the one's that are hardened.  Perhaps they should take a psychology test before being hired.  I do know that being a cop is a tough job, just as being a criminal is.  When a cop crosses the line they should be held accountable just as any criminal should.  

As for MLK's death, you probably weren't even alive, or understood the impact that his assassination had on America much less the world.  A lot did change in the 70's, but you may not have seen it, because you didn't live it.  As I've said in the past race relations were coming together, until the Dumbocrats and leftists wanted to make everything about the color of someone's skin.  The only thing that has changed is your perception.  

• Like 3

I think it's funny seeing some of you ACT like you care about MLK. 

Liking Trump and (supposedly) liking MLK is like going to the gym, then taking a trip to McDonald's.

Counterproductive.

MLK would not see eye to eye with a dude like Trump, or his proud boy supporters. 

Also, if you don't believe MLK would have fought on the behalf of George Floyd, like he did for many blacks in the exact same situation as Floyd back in the 50s and 60s.....pick up a book and do some research.

• Thumbs Down 1

9 hours ago, HJR7 said:

No I wasn't alive. But the times were different as well, had MLK been murder in 2020 and George Floyd back then then it would be different. 

Back in 1968 George Floyd would have been just another drug user that got what he deserved. Back then cops were brutal to all races unless it was someone that knew a politician or a fellow officer. Many today still think that.  Had the officers restrained him immediately instead of the one officer with his knee on his neck for 9 minutes and 29 seconds then that would have been a different story in my mind.  Their telling me that four officers couldn't bring him under control.  I'm guessing that they didn't want the same situation that happened to Eric Garner where all of the officers were holding him down, but he was fighting with them too.  I didn't watch the George Floyd trial, because I thought the officer was guilty. 

MLK would be far different today than Jesse Jackson one of his right hand men or Al Sharpton.  He would still be fighting for causes for blacks, but his manner would be far different.  His personality was far different than theirs.  That would be if he was the same age that he was in 1968.  He may have turned out like Jesse with everything he had heard and his own experiences and he would have become more agitated.  The world will never know, because of his tragic death.  I'm still unsure if James Earl Ray was the assassin unless he was paid by the FBI, CIA, or someone else to not only go to Chicago, Canada, Birmingham, AL,  Mexico, and Los Angeles.  Then after the assassination he flees to Canada then flies to London, makes a short trip to Lisbon, and then goes back to London.  Then he's finally caught at Heathrow trying to make a flight to Brussels.  I'm not buying it.  A kid that drops out of school at age 12 and later gets kicked out of the Army for failure to adapt.  Either he was a genius without schooling or someone was giving him money somehow to be able to get to MLK.  I know Coretta thought he was innocent, and I'll trust her instinct. 

8 hours ago, ANTI said:

I think it's funny seeing some of you ACT like you care about MLK. 

Liking Trump and (supposedly) liking MLK is like going to the gym, then taking a trip to McDonald's.

Counterproductive.

MLK would not see eye to eye with a dude like Trump, or his proud boy supporters. 

Also, if you don't believe MLK would have fought on the behalf of George Floyd, like he did for many blacks in the exact same situation as Floyd back in the 50s and 60s.....pick up a book and do some research.

You don't know that.  Reverend King's niece seems to see things clearer than you.  

Many inner city Reverends, Pastor, and Preachers also stated the same thing about President Trump.  Give me actions as Trump did, and not words that Biden promises with nothing to show for it.  Don't say the Build Back Better and we're still stuck in the pandemic are the problem with Biden.  C'mon now.  Where are the black leaders witnessing for Biden's accomplishments while he is placing all Middle Class and Poor people of all colors in debt with his ineptness ?  

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

10 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

MLK was a respected American who led to many major reforms.....George Floyd was a dopehead POS wife beater who should have been in prison instead of on the streets......there IS no comparison as to their contributions to our society........

He wasn't respected by me.  

I have more respect for men that stay at home and loyal to their wife.  There's no mistaking that he did great things for our country.  But his acts with many many women stains his character with a stain that I can't overlook.  

AGREE TOTALLY ON GF 

13 hours ago, trashyhound said:

I have more respect for men that stay at home and loyal to their wife.  There's no mistaking that he did great things for our country.  But his acts with many many women stains his character with a stain that I can't overlook.  

No one is perfect......

29 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

No one is perfect......

Amen.  

But what I've read on his infidelity was that he had other men who would travel to towns ahead of him and organize his nightly "entertainment" prior to his arrival.  That's next level dirtbag in my book.  Not to mention the accusations of rape that were essentially swept under the rug. 

13 hours ago, trashyhound said:

AGREE TOTALLY ON GF 

I do not disagree...but humans are flawed (every single one of us). Jefferson fathered children by a slave...Henry Ford was a rabid anti-Semite...FDR had a mistress. That does not stop them from being great men. If we demand perfection we will never find it.

1 minute ago, trashyhound said:

Amen.  

But what I've read on his infidelity was that he had other men who would travel to towns ahead of him and organize his nightly "entertainment" prior to his arrival.  That's next level dirtbag in my book.  Not to mention the accusations of rape that were essentially swept under the rug. 

So we should not have respected King David from the OT?? He was also an adulterer but added murder to his list of crimes. We should not have respected the Apostle Paul??? He was a murderer. The list can go on and on and on........God will punish the sins......we can respect those who actually do something to change things for the better, despite their sins.........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I do not disagree...but humans are flawed (every single one of us). Jefferson fathered children by a slave...Henry Ford was a rabid anti-Semite...FDR had a mistress. That does not stop them from being great men. If we demand perfection we will never find it.

Well Ford being a NAZI sympathizer and FDR being a communist stops them from being great men.......:rofl:

2 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Minus Jesus,  I agree.  It's just that those stains do indeed hurt their reputation.  

I would argue that a black man(or any other color for that matter) being loyal and loving his wife while teaching that to his children does more good for their community than MLK talking a good game in daylight being a tomcat at night.  

7 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

So we should not have respected King David from the OT?? He was also an adulterer but added murder to his list of crimes. We should not have respected the Apostle Paul??? He was a murderer. The list can go on and on and on........God will punish the sins......we can respect those who actually do something to change things for the better, despite their sins.........

Oh I agree.  

But there is a reason that God instructed us to flee from sexual sin. He knows how vulnerable we are and that particular sin is very dangerous.  Look at the men who fell to that one, David,  Samson,  Solomon,  mlk, and the list goes on and on.  My only point being that I respect more a man who loves his wife faithfully than one who crusades for great things while being an adulterer.  

Didn't all those you listed repent and turn away from those things? Did MLK?

2 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Oh I agree.  

But there is a reason that God instructed us to flee from sexual sin. He knows how vulnerable we are and that particular sin is very dangerous.  Look at the men who fell to that one, David,  Samson,  Solomon,  mlk, and the list goes on and on.  My only point being that I respect more a man who loves his wife faithfully than one who crusades for great things while being an adulterer.  

Didn't all those you listed repent and turn away from those things? Did MLK?

The ones in the Bible did........we are told that......Since we do not KNOW whether or not MLK did, we do not get to judge him on that point....that's on God's side of the stick......