Class 4A D2 East Texas Mock Realignment Predictions

Panther89

UIL likes to treat Jasper like gypsies, so until it's said and done we never know where we will end up. the past ten years we have went from literally the smallest school in 4A DI to being DII in Region 2(while teams well north of us like Center and/or Carthage remained in Region 3).

So on and so forth. 

LOL

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PelvisPresley said:

well yes, like someone the other day talking about Gilmer dropping to Region 3 when there would be teams further south I think that if they are looking for A team or even 2 to plug in somewhere. sometimes the talk (and the UIL district breakdown) doesn't make good sense.

you for sure right about "plugs". LOL  that had to have been the method this past realignment, when they plugged Shepherd & Madisonville in the district with us(Jasper),Center,Carthage,Rusk.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:29 PM, JasperDawg said:

UIL likes to treat Jasper like gypsies, so until it's said and done we never know where we will end up. the past ten years we have went from literally the smallest school in 4A DI to being DII in Region 2(while teams well north of us like Center and/or Carthage remained in Region 3).

So on and so forth. 

LOL

I predict the District will remain the same (minus Shepherd). Though I could see Jasper going to 11. 

On 1/21/2022 at 1:22 AM, Panther89 said:

I think this next realignment is gonna be crazy! 

4A-D2 not as much as 4A-D1 ... although not much change in East Texas area, the rest of the state has a lot of moves coming ....

Although some choices are easy to make, some are very much still up in the air.

Common sense is seldom used in the same sentence with the UIL.

41.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 9:23 AM, DOB said:

4A-D2 not as much as 4A-D1 ... although not much change in East Texas area, the rest of the state has a lot of moves coming ....

Although some choices are easy to make, some are very much still up in the air.

Common sense is seldom used in the same sentence with the UIL.

41.jpg

are the teams in italics, bold the new move-ins to the division (area) in both of these charts?

2 hours ago, Jerryhawk111 said:

PG, Carthage and Gilmer all together! District of Doom!!!!

Carthage needs Gilmer and PG to stay out of their district to field enough non-district games.  They are the only 4A schools that will sign up to play them outside of Kilgore.