Covid Update At My School

BarryLaverty

Now past 25% of the students at my school have either been quarantined for the illness or because of those in their homes. The state of Texas provided ZERO guidance, really, other than a hybrid following of the CDC and funding for 20 days per student of remote instruction, long after the year has started, leaving districts without preparation time. Because of the great number of those out, we couldn't staff that, any way, at this point. 

35 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Now past 25% of the students at my school have either been quarantined for the illness or because of those in their homes. The state of Texas provided ZERO guidance, really, other than a hybrid following of the CDC and funding for 20 days per student of remote instruction, long after the year has started, leaving districts without preparation time. Because of the great number of those out, we couldn't staff that, any way, at this point. 

The only guidance I saw was making it a 10 day quarantine. My wife’s school district  went from no quarantine period before Christmas to 10 days now. Thanks to the state. Not sure why they wouldnt leave it up to the district. We need to abolish TEA anyways. Gave my wife’s district a 60 hr training to complete within the year. Which teaches nothing and is expensive for the district. Just a big waste of time and money from people employed by an agency that is a big waste of time and money. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

25% of people with cold like symptoms, 0 deaths, likely 50% of the adults vaccinated.  But, better hurry up and go get that booster!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

The only guidance I saw was making it a 10 day quarantine. My wife’s school district  went from no quarantine period before Christmas to 10 days now. Thanks to the state. Not sure why they wouldnt leave it up to the district. We need to abolish TEA anyways. Gave my wife’s district a 60 hr training to complete within the year. Which teaches nothing and is expensive for the district. Just a big waste of time and money from people employed by an agency that is a big waste of time and money. 

The TEA has been pretty useless during COVID.  It's like, let's wait for what Abbott says, Abbott is like let's wait for what Trump says, Trump is like let's wait for what the world says.  So we are just scared to make our own choices.  It's ridiculous.  Make a plan and adjust as needed.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

The TEA has been pretty useless during COVID.  It's like, let's wait for what Abbott says, Abbott is like let's wait for what Trump says, Trump is like let's wait for what the world says.  So we are just scared to make our own choices.  It's ridiculous.  Make a plan and adjust as needed.

All correct, but I think they have been useless longer than that

1 hour ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Oh, and let's be fair in attacking the TEA--those folks are still working from home, while teachers are out in the field. How do I know, because once a week I have meetings with members of TEA and they say they are working from home. Must be nice to sit at home and give others directives. SMH. 

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Sorry to hear that. One of our schools in district was shut down 2 days last week. Because of teacher shortages--not students. So the 75% of the teachers that were not out with Covid were subbing at all the other schools.  The only ones hurt in that situation--the students who were at home without their teachers. But the sub system is drained also. And besides, not that many people want to sub anymore--not great pay and have to deal with some real headaches. 

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

25% of people with cold like symptoms, 0 deaths, likely 50% of the adults vaccinated.  But, better hurry up and go get that booster!

Exactly!! I've got it as we speak and it is more annoying than anything. Bad headache, body aches sore throat because of drainage...typical seasonal cold. Positive test so I'm out for a while.

So thankful I have been on preventative dose of ivermectin paired with vitamins,D, C, B-12 and zinc so nothing serious has developed in my lungs. I am relatively higher risk than most since I will turn 67 in February but very blessed to be in great health. 

This Variant is very fast spreader and there is not much you can do about it. Very easy to catch (airborn) but also relatively short recovery time. This is day three for me and I already feel better.

5 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Exactly!! I've got it as we speak and it is more annoying than anything. Bad headache, body aches sore throat because of drainage...typical seasonal cold. Positive test so I'm out for a while.

So thankful I have been on preventative dose of ivermectin paired with vitamins,D, C, B-12 and zinc so nothing serious has developed in my lungs. I am relatively higher risk than most since I will turn 67 in February but very blessed to be in great health. 

This Variant is very fast spreader and there is not much you can do about it. Very easy to catch (airborn) but also relatively short recovery time. This is day three for me and I already feel better.

This variant settles in the upper respiratory tract.  It’s not causing the pneumonia as bad as the last variants.    Still some are getting it.     So you said “preventative” dose, yet you still caught it.  Hope it’s not too rough.  Your hair should shine and stools should firm up from that deworming though

how does ivermectin prevent it anyway?  We had a teacher taking her daily dose and she was hospitalized with Covid pneumonia. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

This variant settles in the upper respiratory tract.  It’s not causing the pneumonia as bad as the last variants.    Still some are getting it.     So you said “preventative” dose, yet you still caught it.  Hope it’s not too rough.  Your hair should shine and stools should firm up from that deworming though

how does ivermectin prevent it anyway?  We had a teacher taking her daily dose and she was hospitalized with Covid pneumonia. 

dude, it makes your poop runny.  Nothing better for the colon than a nice waterfall of doo to help with a runny nose and fever 🤣

13 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

My complete sentence you quoted from was: "So thankful I have been on preventative dose of ivermectin paired with vitamins,D, C, B-12 and zinc so nothing serious has developed in my lungs. I am relatively higher risk than most since I will turn 67 in February but very blessed to be in great health.

I believe the trick to not getting the disease and more importantly limiting its ability to killing those who get it is for the body to be as healthy and resistant as possible before we contract it. The vitamins listed are just as important as the ivermectin in doing this.

My wife, another coach and myself contracted Covid when we all went to a large coaches convention in Houston. We all began showing symptoms a few days apart and we all have had the same recovery rate. We all had the same symptoms at the onset. One day of feeling absolutely terrible, body aches, congestion, sore throat ect ect. Two days of same symptoms with lessening intensity and fourth day (which I am at) feeling pretty good except congestion and trying to get my strength back. All three of us are on the same vitamin/ivermectin dosage. As I said before, I am definitely high risk because of my age and prior upper respiratory issues so I was concerned of course but feel strongly this is a great way to stay healthy in regards to Covid. I understand there are many that disagree and I completely understand your stance. The choice should be left to each individual to follow whatever course of treatment that they feel best with. I would encourage each of you to do as much research as you can about ALL types of medicines before you take them. 

The one thing that I am 100 per cent sure of is that Ivermectin has been around a long, long time with zero side effects if taken properly. Even if you OD on it about the worst side affect is a complete colon cleansing and those are supposed to be good for you!! Can the "vaccine" or its "boosters" claim the same? Absolutely not. Choose wisely folks!

Here is one article that might interest you: The mechanisms of action of Ivermectin against SARS-CoV-2: An evidence-based clinical review article (nih.gov)

42 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

My complete sentence you quoted from was: "So thankful I have been on preventative dose of ivermectin paired with vitamins,D, C, B-12 and zinc so nothing serious has developed in my lungs. I am relatively higher risk than most since I will turn 67 in February but very blessed to be in great health.

I believe the trick to not getting the disease and more importantly limiting its ability to killing those who get it is for the body to be as healthy and resistant as possible before we contract it. The vitamins listed are just as important as the ivermectin in doing this.

My wife, another coach and myself contracted Covid when we all went to a large coaches convention in Houston. We all began showing symptoms a few days apart and we all have had the same recovery rate. We all had the same symptoms at the onset. One day of feeling absolutely terrible, body aches, congestion, sore throat ect ect. Two days of same symptoms with lessening intensity and fourth day (which I am at) feeling pretty good except congestion and trying to get my strength back. All three of us are on the same vitamin/ivermectin dosage. As I said before, I am definitely high risk because of my age and prior upper respiratory issues so I was concerned of course but feel strongly this is a great way to stay healthy in regards to Covid. I understand there are many that disagree and I completely understand your stance. The choice should be left to each individual to follow whatever course of treatment that they feel best with. I would encourage each of you to do as much research as you can about ALL types of medicines before you take them. 

The one thing that I am 100 per cent sure of is that Ivermectin has been around a long, long time with zero side effects if taken properly. Even if you OD on it about the worst side affect is a complete colon cleansing and those are supposed to be good for you!! Can the "vaccine" or its "boosters" claim the same? Absolutely not. Choose wisely folks!

Here is one article that might interest you: The mechanisms of action of Ivermectin against SARS-CoV-2: An evidence-based clinical review article (nih.gov)

Dude….your gonna make these libtards blow a gasket talking about doing your own research and formulating a preventative plan….don’t you know your just supposed to do whatever Herr Fauci says….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blesseddaily said:

That’s a long winded way to say it didn’t prevent infection.  

Ever hear of ivermectin toxicity?  It’s what would happen to a human if they took the amount it took to suffocate Covid in a Petri dish 

• SMH 1

7 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

dude, it makes your poop runny.  Nothing better for the colon than a nice waterfall of doo to help with a runny nose and fever 🤣

Did you know that Castor Oil is good for allergies?  It doesn’t stop you from sneezing, but it sure makes you scared to

On 1/18/2022 at 3:31 PM, BarryLaverty said:

Same absentee numbers where my daughter teaches. This Omicron is as contagious as advertised.  

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Foreign doctors are the ones bunking the ivermectin for Covid theory.  

ever hear of the Elgazzar study?  My guess it’s one that you really believe in

The studies worldwide have been posted on this site and you stick to the ones that support your narrative that make you feel better about your choices. 

1 minute ago, Youngcoach123 said:

The studies worldwide have been posted on this site and you stick to the ones that support your narrative that make you feel better about your choices. 

And you stick to the ones that have been debunked.  All the large studies that showed ivermectin worked have been combed through.  They’ve been pulled or retracted like the Elgazzar, that showed 90% efficiency fit ivermectin.  Most of the others were small studies that had discrepancies in them,  

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

And you stick to the ones that have been debunked.  All the large studies that showed ivermectin worked have been combed through.  They’ve been pulled or retracted like the Elgazzar, that showed 90% efficiency fit ivermectin.  Most of the others were small studies that had discrepancies in them,  

I just posted one two days ago. Guess you didn’t see that one.