At One Point, It's Just Being A Jerk

BarryLaverty

Nicer word that I would have ordinarily used to describe him, actually. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-supreme-court-justice-neil-222845154.html

USA TODAY

Report: Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch refuses to wear mask in the courtroom, despite request from Roberts

Amy Nakamura, USA TODAY

Outside their usual docket of blockbuster constitutional controversies, Supreme Court justices are divided over something else: face masks.

The high court returned to in-person arguments in October, but a recent surge in COVID cases due to the omicron variant has the justices split over safety protocols.

Associate Justice Sonia Sotomayor has diabetes, which puts her at higher risk for a serious bout with COVID-19. In the fall, the Obama appointee was the only one of the nine justices to wear a mask in the courtroom where attendance is limited because of the coronavirus to the court, the attorneys and the Supreme Court press corps. As cases began to rise during the holiday season, Sotomayor said she did not feel safe near people who were unmasked.

Chief Justice John Roberts then asked everyone to wear masks in the courtroom, NPR reported. Everyone complied — except for Associate Justice Neil Gorsuch.

Since Gorsuch, who sits next to Sotomayor on the bench, has refused to wear a mask, Sotomayor has been tuning into arguments remotely from her chambers at the Supreme Court building.

Sotomayor, 67, has also been taking part in conferences remotely this month, a Supreme Court spokeswoman confirmed. Those closed-door meetings are where the justices discuss cases among themselves.

Gorsuch, through the court, has not responded to several requests about his decision to not wear a mask in the courtroom.

Sotomayor’s concerns over the spread of COVID in the courtroom aren’t unfounded. Last Tuesday, Associate Justice Stephen Breyer, the oldest member of the court, also participated in oral arguments remotely after initially testing positive for COVID-19. He later took more tests, including a PCR test, that showed he was negative.

• SMH 1

Just now, BarryLaverty said:

He is choosing to ignore a very basic safety protocol that could help keep a colleague from harm's way. That's not 'liberty' when it infringes on HER rights. 

He is choosing to exercise his RIGHT to wear or to not wear whatever he chooses......If she feels unsafe because she bought into all the libnut lies, she is free to do what she has done.....ZOOM it.......

• Like 3

Since the CDC admits that cloth mask are useless, which is what 95% of the people wear, for the most part this mask wearing is like most liberal ideas - just for show.  I wonder if Soto has on a N95?  She probably doesn’t know they’re the only type to offer a modicum of protection.  Based on her 5 Pinocchio comments on children & Covid, you have to wonder, is she totally uninformed or just plain stupid?  

• Like 2

And another thing, why are liberals so afraid of Covid?  No one wants to catch it, but most that do get well. I have diabetes, HBP and cholesterol but being around the unmask is not a big concern.  I can only surmise that she gets all her info from CNN or MSNBC, both of which are “the sky is falling advocates.  Smdh 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Since the CDC admits that cloth mask are useless, which is what 95% of the people wear, for the most part this mask wearing is like most liberal ideas - just for show.  I wonder if Soto has on a N95?  She probably doesn’t know they’re the only type to offer a modicum of protection.  Based on her 5 Pinocchio comments on children & Covid, you have to wonder, is she totally uninformed or just plain stupid?  

First, do you really think that our SCOTUS members wouldn't wear top of the line masks? That makes you seem totally uniformed. 

9 minutes ago, Hagar said:

And another thing, why are liberals so afraid of Covid?  No one wants to catch it, but most that do get well. I have diabetes, HBP and cholesterol but being around the unmask is not a big concern.  I can only surmise that she gets all her info from CNN or MSNBC, both of which are “the sky is falling advocates.  Smdh 

840000 people have died from Covid. Many of them have died, in part, because they had comorbidities that became unmanageable, because of COVID. I don't call that 'being afraid', but it could be described as sane and reasonable, for sure. 

3 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

First, do you really think that our SCOTUS members wouldn't wear top of the line masks? That makes you seem totally uniformed. 

840000 people have died from Covid. Many of them have died, in part, because they had comorbidities that became unmanageable, because of COVID. I don't call that 'being afraid', but it could be described as sane and reasonable, for sure. 

Do I have to wear a mask for other co morbidities?

41 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Wasnt she the one caught eating lunch with Pelosi, Schumer and other left wingers …..unmasked?

• Like 2
  • LOL! 2

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

He is choosing to ignore a very basic safety protocol that could help keep a colleague from harm's way. That's not 'liberty' when it infringes on HER rights. 

23 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

How do you conduct the business of the court with an N95 mask on?  Some of those old codgers are hard to understand unmasked.  If she feels unsafe, let her continue to use Zoom.  She has no right to attend in person 100% free from the potential of getting sick.  Masks are a security blanket for people who have let the fear mongers of the left scare them into thinking this is something worse than it is.

That number is complete bull and you know it.  They have proven time and time again they count anyone and everyone who dies as being a covid death.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

The same woman that just got 4 Pinocchio’s from WaPo for absurd comments on the number of children in serious condition, and you think she’s informed on what mask to wear?  C’mon Barry.  And yes, Covid is cause for reasonable concern, but not being afraid of being around people who aren’t mask, since even the N95 doesn’t offer complete protection.  Point is, if you’re in a position of interacting with others, and you’re so freaked out by Covid, you best stay home.  The mask is not “your save all”.  The woman is a border line loon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Isn't she infringing on HIS rights by asking him to do something he does NOT want to do, like wear a mask? 

A safety protocol that is not working that great either. 

His rights, her rights, they should just do what they want that they see fit, not try and FORCE others into their measures--unlike the current democratic party. 

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

If you are around others who have issues and/or you yourself do, and you don't take appropriate precautions, that's just sorta baffling. 

Btw Barry, you might want to go easy on stories you post from ultra left wing sources (which is all of them).  Both judges claim it’s false.  NPR is like the rest, if it makes a conservative look bad - run it. No verification needed.  Someday you’ll learn, or will you?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sotomayor-gorsuch-dispute-npr-report-masking

• LOL! 1

4 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Btw Barry, you might want to go easy on stories you post from ultra left wing sources (which is all of them).  Both judges claim it’s false.  NPR is like the rest, if it makes a conservative look bad - run it. No verification needed.  Someday you’ll learn, or will you?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sotomayor-gorsuch-dispute-npr-report-masking

I'm so shocked!!! Our resident lib run a false narrative?? What's the world coming to!!

• LOL! 2