Woman killed during Capitol riot actually urged others to stand down

RETIREDFAN1

Police all over the country are getting the third degree for shooting nut cases attacking them or resisting arrest.  This guy shoots an unarmed woman with no warning - no problem.  I have to wonder, had she been black would they have came down harder?   Would he even have shot?

1 hour ago, Old49er60 said:

She feared for her life and was shocked at the damage? The damage many claim did not happen? 

I have seen the video, many times, 54 seconds in she is screaming in the face of an officer. A voice is heard cussing the police. 1:58 as people attempt to break through the windows OF THE BARRICADED DOOR the officers gun appears. 2:20 window is broken out and she attempts to go through it. WHY? For those who will then claim she was unarmed, how would he know?  Funny how people will run to the defense of the police but in this case they were wrong? Others on her made claims the officer was BLM, I have yet to see them retract that. 

In the end there is one thing that would have prevented her death, not being in a place where people were attempting to break into barricaded areas. Had she been outside she is alive. 

When is it permitted for law enforcement to use deadly force?

29 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

When police believe there is imminent threat. So in this case, barricaded doors, windows being knocked out, person crawling through broken out window = imminent threat. 

Where is that in law enforcement code?  Also, why would he think "imminent" threat?  Numerous windows and barricades were breached.  There had been no violence or injuries inside the capitol prior to the murder of an unarmed woman by officer Byrd .

45 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

I am not going to take the time to go through capital police code however here is Texas and it is very standard across all states

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.9.htm

As for imminent threat, the widows of the BARRICADED doors where he was stationed were broken out. This is clear in the video. It is also clear he showed his weapon and there are people in the crowd screaming it. There also had been violence to enter the capital building prior. So much so they had determined members of congress were not safe and some were moved while barricades were used in other places. You will also notice in the video that at least one member of congress and other staff were in the hall. They were removed when the crowd began breaking the windows.  

Breaking windows and crawling through them does not illustrate and imminent threat.  If it did, they would have opened fire on every person walking into the capitol.  This was a murder.....with no arrest. 

6 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

If a person was breaking the windows in my house and crawling through I would 100% see that as a threat. The officer had enough restraint to not shot those breaking the windows and did not feel an imminent threat until someone crawled through a broken window where a BARRICADE had been erected. There was no murder, just an act by law enforcement. 

It wasn't his residence.  It was public property.  Would it be legal shoot someone from a mob that was breaking through gates into a gated community?

4 hours ago, Old49er60 said:

Gated community is not the same as a home or a BARRICADED CLOSED LOCKED DOOR. They are not in your house so call the police. If they are breaking into your home, shot away. Seems oddly specific though. 

How does the law differentiate between a window on public property and a gate of a gated community?

1 hour ago, Old49er60 said:

Sorry but you can research that on your own. The facts are the doors were locked and barricaded. They broke the windows and then she tried to climb through knowing the officer and gun were there. You asked for law and code and I gave it. A gate in a gated community is not the same as a house. A public building being guarded by officers who have attempted to prevent access is very clear to me. 

Imagine that 

14 hours ago, Old49er60 said:

If a person was breaking the windows in my house and crawling through I would 100% see that as a threat. The officer had enough restraint to not shot those breaking the windows and did not feel an imminent threat until someone crawled through a broken window where a BARRICADE had been erected. There was no murder, just an act by law enforcement. 

So anyone who breaks down a barricade can be shot? Anyone who resist arrest can be shot? Anyone who evades police can be shot? Anyone who starts a fire can be shot? Anyone who barricades an entire block and declares it a separate country - can be shot. Anyone who throws a molotov cocktail can be shot. Anyone who destroys public property - can be shot 

because if not I am seeing a huge double standard 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

Sorry but I do not know who you are saying is having a double standard but according to the law imminent danger for themselves or others is the standard. So are you saying if someone broke your window and was climbing through it you do not see that as a threat? We need to stop making it political and see it for what it was. They were attempting ti break through a barricaded door by smashing the windows out. She made the choice to climb through and faced the consequences of her actions. She is not a hero the same as Floyd is no hero. Had she not climbed through we are not discussing this. Had she not been inside the capital we are not discussing this. 

An unarmed woman climbing through a busted out window is not the standard for lethal force.  She posed no immediate threat to the officer.  Period.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Old49er60 said:

Sorry but I do not know who you are saying is having a double standard but according to the law imminent danger for themselves or others is the standard. So are you saying if someone broke your window and was climbing through it you do not see that as a threat? We need to stop making it political and see it for what it was. They were attempting ti break through a barricaded door by smashing the windows out. She made the choice to climb through and faced the consequences of her actions. She is not a hero the same as Floyd is no hero. Had she not climbed through we are not discussing this. Had she not been inside the capital we are not discussing this. 

Every BLM Riot was about a cop making the decision of imminent danger. Double standard

On 1/20/2022 at 7:42 AM, Old49er60 said:

She feared for her life and was shocked at the damage? The damage many claim did not happen? 

I have seen the video, many times, 54 seconds in she is screaming in the face of an officer. A voice is heard cussing the police. 1:58 as people attempt to break through the windows OF THE BARRICADED DOOR the officers gun appears. 2:20 window is broken out and she attempts to go through it. WHY? For those who will then claim she was unarmed, how would he know?  Funny how people will run to the defense of the police but in this case they were wrong? Others on her made claims the officer was BLM, I have yet to see them retract that. 

In the end there is one thing that would have prevented her death, not being in a place where people were attempting to break into barricaded areas. Had she been outside she is alive. 

“I have seen the video, many times, 54 seconds in she is screaming in the face of an officer. “

So what was she screaming??? Was she screaming “I’m gonna kill the first person I see after I crawl through the broken window” or was she screaming “DO YOUR JOB AND STOP THIS RIOT”….

5 hours ago, Old49er60 said:

The video is available to watch and decide what she is saying as well as those around her. In the end the officer has no idea if she is armed or is meaning harm. All he has is a crowd trying to break through a barricade. He has to act according to what he sees. It was not murder it was an officer doing his job

https://www.theepochtimes.com/ashli-babbitt-dramatically-confronted-police-for-not-stopping-rioters_4220583.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=BonginoReport

you were saying.....