4-DAY WORK WEEK.

BlahBlah

I hope it happens here. American workers put in more hours on the job daily, weekly and annually while getting far less vacation time and fewer holidays than workers in other advanced nations. It is time we started valuing our people and their quality of life rather than just valuing profits.

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

I hope it happens here. American workers put in more hours on the job daily, weekly and annually while getting far less vacation time and fewer holidays than workers in other advanced nations. It is time we started valuing our people and their quality of life rather than just valuing profits.

Depends on how it's set up. Is it still a 40 hour week, but just 10 hour days? Or are we talking about 32 hour weeks? Also, are hourly workers going to get "pay raises" to make up the difference? Are salaried employees going to have to take a pay cut?

How's it gonna work?

3 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Many companies in the US are going to that option already. Some schools have gone to this to save money.

Schools in Arkansas started it 3-4 years ago.  It cut down on lots of stuff like bud driver salary, fuel for buses, cafeteria staff, electric bills, etc..  the kids love it from what I understand 

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Depends on how it's set up. Is it still a 40 hour week, but just 10 hour days? Or are we talking about 32 hour weeks? Also, are hourly workers going to get "pay raises" to make up the difference? Are salaried employees going to have to take a pay cut?

How's it gonna work?

4x10= 40

companies will still require a full workload 

13 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Commie.....you've been totally brainwashed by someone on economics........one of your few faults.......

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

How's it gonna work?

I would guess 4x10...at least in the beginning. Workers in other advanced nations have worked fewer hours for years...not to mention getting far more vacation time and holidays than Americans and other nations have been experimenting with 4 day work weeks for several years...so I would suggest we look at what works (and what does not work) in other countries and then them adapt to work in the US.

Just now, EnjoyLife said:

I would guess 4x10...at least in the beginning. Workers in other advanced nations have worked fewer hours for years...not to mention getting far more vacation time and holidays than Americans and other nations have been experimenting with 4 day work weeks for several years...so I would suggest we look at what works (and what does not work) in other countries and then them adapt to work in the US.

When are you going to get it through your head.....we don't give a crap WHAT "other advanced nations" do.......We do it OUR way over here.....that was established in 1776.......

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

When are you going to get it through your head.....we don't give a crap WHAT "other advanced nations" do.......We do it OUR way over here.....that was established in 1776.......

We can certainly do it "our way"...but that does not mean that our way is automatically the best way just because it is our way. That seems like the definition of hubris to me.

15 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Having a Joseph McCarthy meltdown on Old Coach? 

The book "Blacklisted by History" vindicated McCarthy by showing from files from the former Soviet Union that most of the people he claimed were communist plants actually WERE working for the USSR.........It contains a very well documented bibliography......i highly recommend reading it......

23 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

UK is doing a trial period with 30 companies in June on the benefits ( or not ) of having 4 day work weeks.  What say you ?

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/uks-four-day-week-trial-starts-in-june-at-least-30-companies-sign-up-2716311

It already happens with some companies in the U.S..  Anadarko is one of them my stepson works for them, and he's had a 4 day work week for 5 years that I can remember.  I had a 4 day work week when I was a Domino's Pizza manager, but I created it working 10:30 am - 12 pm and most of the time longer to clean up after we closed.  I was required to work 50 hours a week, but for 3 days off you bet I was going to work 56 hours a week for the extra day off.  

23 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

I didn't read the article, but I would bet that they still have to put in the same amount of hours.  I know the HFD has a three days on 4 days off.  I also know a United Airline Pilot that only works three days a week.  It wouldn't work with all companies though.  

I think they should go to a 6 day work week .... 6 X 8 = 48 .... or 5 X 10 = 50 .... we need more production out of you working slaps .... keep you out of my way when I'm pulling my boat or when I'm on the golf⛳ course ....  :nerd:

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • LOL! 2

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

It already happens with some companies in the U.S..  Anadarko is one of them my stepson works for them, and he's had a 4 day work week for 5 years that I can remember.  I had a 4 day work week when I was a Domino's Pizza manager, but I created it working 10:30 am - 12 pm and most of the time longer to clean up after we closed.  I was required to work 50 hours a week, but for 3 days off you bet I was going to work 56 hours a week for the extra day off.  

56 hours in 4 days...dang.

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

56 hours in 4 days...dang.

When you're young you have the energy.  I've worked 82 hours a week for a complete month.  No social life except the wife at home, and people I would see while working.  It was a strain, but that's why I semi-retired at age 37.  I'm not cut out to do that anymore.  I've paid my time.