The Cult of Masked Schoolchildren: History will not look kindly on our evidence-free decision to make kids suffer most

RETIREDFAN1

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

In my two years and counting of kids being mandated masks or choosing to wear them, I have never had one express any great suffering they felt from the experience. Mild annoyance, maybe, but never like the Karens and Kevins I see on here on  the daily. 

Young elementary kids don't know that they are being denied the ability to speak and read properly by covering the mouths of their teachers and fellow students.  Not that you would give a 💩.  But teachers are supposed to be looking out for those types of issues.  You should be proud for trying to dismiss it.

3 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Young elementary kids don't know that they are being denied the ability to speak and read properly by covering the mouths of their teachers and fellow students.  Not that you would give a 💩.  But teachers are supposed to be looking out for those types of issues.  You should be proud for trying to dismiss it.

Or they aren't numbskulls and understand basic rules about public health and safety and respect for others, unlike yourself, who clearly doesn't get any of that. I wasn't dismissing it, but I was giving a factual, first hand account, also unlike you. 

• Like 1

In my two years and counting of kids being mandated masks or choosing to wear them, I have never had one express any great suffering they felt from the experience. Mild annoyance, maybe, but never like the Karens and Kevins I see on here on  the daily. 

I wouldn't expect you to.  You'd be ok if they had all been murdered in the womb, why would you care if they had to suffer with a mask.  

Sincerely,  One Trick

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

Or they aren't numbskulls and understand basic rules about public health and safety and respect for others, unlike yourself, who clearly doesn't get any of that. I wasn't dismissing it, but I was giving a factual, first hand account, also unlike you. 

Rules that masks don't do a damn bit of good.....but dimnuts like yourself are willing to sacrifice their ability to read....for nothing.  Very noble.

Some people want the feeling of being oppressed so bad. Cry me a river. 

Patriot: Real Americans can endure anything!

Also Patriots: This mask is so uncomfortable!

Straight up clowns. God forbid they had to deal with the real hardships that have happened to people throughout the history of the world. 

Just now, ObiOne said:

Often enough to know how young children learn to read.  Why are you defending the indefensible?

Well if you're in class often enough, you know that the majority of it is done with technology. What a teacher can't sound out with a mask a video can. Also, i doubt people are wearing masks in their own home and i hope parents are also contributing to their kids literacy and the kids can understand them speaking. Out of like 12 paragraphs, only one or two is talking about the masks and learning and it's all opinion. Is it harder to understand the teacher, yes but it's not dire. Kids talk all the time at home to others. Yall are just whining. point blank. True Patriots

15 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Rules that masks don't do a damn bit of good.....but dimnuts like yourself are willing to sacrifice their ability to read....for nothing.  Very noble.

You have first hand knowledge, IN A CLASSROOM, of kids not being able to gain the ability to read, because of mask wearing? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Is it harder to understand the teacher, yes

It is strange that you would want to teach children to SUBMIT to harmful rules that do no appreciable good.  Guess you are all talk until it is something political that you agree with.

2 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

It is strange that you would want to teach children to SUBMIT to harmful rules that do no appreciable good.  Guess you are all talk until it is something political that you agree with.

No one is forcing their children to go to school. Teach them at home, if it's that big of a deal. Would hate for anyone's kid to be "oppressed".

4 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

You have first hand knowledge, IN A CLASSROOM, of kids not being able to gain the ability to read, because of mask wearing? 

ctown just acknowledged that a teacher wearing a mask is harder to understand.  Does that make it easier or more difficult to teach reading?

42 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

I wouldn't expect you to.  You'd be ok if they had all been murdered in the womb, why would you care if they had to suffer with a mask.  

Sincerely,  One Trick

Why does everything go back to abortion to you? We have plenty of threads on that. We know you're anti-abortion. We ALL know.

4 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

ctown just acknowledged that a teacher wearing a mask is harder to understand.  Does that make it easier or more difficult to teach reading?

Like I said mr. Patriot. MOST of it is done with technology now. Good teachers, know this is an issue. so a better way is found to do things. It's called adapting. You know, that thing you probably haven't done since the 70s.

1 minute ago, ctown81 said:

No one is forcing their children to go to school. Teach them at home, if it's that big of a deal. Would hate for anyone's kid to be "oppressed".

My kids are taught at home and at school.  But as you know, that doesn't happen near as often in lower income households, households with dependency issues, and ESL kids (who are already at a disadvantage learning to read).  The only learning most of them get is at school...and at more urban schools it is likely a  masked teacher that they have trouble understanding.  But you already knew that.  So much for looking out for those that need someone to look out for them.  Y'all are the ultimate hypocrites!

2 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

My kids are taught at home and at school.  But as you know, that doesn't happen near as often in lower income households, households with dependency issues, and ESL kids (who are already at a disadvantage learning to read).  The only learning most of them get is at school...and at more urban schools it is likely a  masked teacher that they have trouble understanding.  But you already knew that.  So much for looking out for those that need someone to look out for them.  Y'all are the ultimate hypocrites!

🤣 first off, i take it you've spent time in an esl classroom. Also, what do you know about urban schools? Would love to hear your knowledge. Once again, there are tools to negate the short comings of understanding a teacher in a mask. 

Once again, there are tools to negate the short comings of understanding a teacher in a mask. 

Once again, there are tools to negate the short comings of understanding a teacher in a mask. 

You seem to only read part of my posts. 

3 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

🤣 first off, i take it you've spent time in an esl classroom. Also, what do you know about urban schools? Would love to hear your knowledge. Once again, there are tools to negate the short comings of understanding a teacher in a mask. 

You seem to only read part of my posts. 

I know urban schools have more strict mask rules/brainwashing.  Your answer to a needless virtual signaling rule is having better technology to overcome these shortcomings.  We already saw how well that tech worked during virtual learning.   No wonder our education and govt is in its current condition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ObiOne said:

I know urban schools have more strict mask rules/brainwashing.  Your answer to a needless virtual signaling rule is having better technology to overcome these shortcomings.  We already saw how well that tech worked during virtual learning.   No wonder our education and govt is in its current condition.

How did it work. Worked pretty well for me and has worked in my graduate program before the pandemic AND the k-12 online schools before the pandemic. Please enlighten us on how it didn't work. Don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but unless you were in other homes during learning, the disconnect could have just been in your home. It took an adjustment for EVERYONE, because it was new to those who haven;t done it before and at the end of the day, it made a lot of teachers a lot better at their jobs when the students were back in person.

1 minute ago, ctown81 said:

How did it work. Worked pretty well for me and has worked in my graduate program before the pandemic AND the k-12 online schools before the pandemic. Please enlighten us on how it didn't work. Don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but unless you were in other homes during learning, the disconnect could have just been in your home. It took an adjustment for EVERYONE, because it was new to those who haven;t done it before and at the end of the day, it made a lot of teachers a lot better at their jobs when the students were back in person.

I'm talking about teaching young kids to read and you bring up your graduate program.  Why do you defend a virtual signaling rule that his harmful to kids and does no appreciable good?  Enlighten me.