Spineless Cocaine Mitch caving to dimnuts once again....

RETIREDFAN1

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Why isn't this needed? 

Why does the electoral system need to be changed, that should be the most important question? 

And it really doesn't matter if they try some law, because it will be struck down, because it SHOULD take a Constitutional Amendment to Change the Electoral College process--since it is part of the Constitution--Article 2, Section 1. 

Furthermore, only the states can decide how to determine their electors, not the federal government. 

I do like the way that Maine and Nebraska do theirs, Congressional districts are "winner" gets that electoral vote, and the candidate with the most votes statewide gets the 2 senatorial votes. But all the states would have to determine that, not the feds. 

Folks seem to forget, our Republic is made up of 50 States.  Each State, like individuals, has rights.  Doing away with the Electoral College would be analogous to doing away with States Laws.  California has a State Income Tax, Texas does not.  They also legalized marijuana and Texas has not.  Choosing the President simply by popular vote would leave about 45 States with virtually no say in who’s to govern.  When I was in HS (prior to WW-1), we discussed this.  In my young, ignorant mind, it appeared obvious that popular vote should decide.  When I got a little older I realized how wrong the teenage Hagar was.  Evidently many still have that uninformed opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

Seems like some of you didn't bother to read the article. This is about removing the convoluted, delusional drama about the VP and the votes. His job is ceremonial, and this would reinforce that. 

“HIS job”?  “HIS job”?  You sexist Neanderthal.  You angry old white man.  You Stone Age redneck.  On the other hand, you’re beginning to sound conservative.

:rofl: 

• LOL! 1