Houston Mother of 6 Dies From Covid Before Ever Getting To Hold Newborn Baby

BarryLaverty

Another senseless and terribly tragic event that could have been avoided. 

Fort Worth Star-Telegram

‘Mommy is an angel now.’ 27-year-old with 6 children dies of COVID, Texas family says

83a1ae79c1747b1024b345bda84200ff

Kaitlyn Alanis

Leaving behind six children, a Texas mother recently died of COVID-19 after an emergency cesarean section at 25 weeks pregnant.

Her newborn baby, Koda, is in the newborn intensive care unit, KTRK reported, but he’ll grow up without his mom.

Crystal Hernandez, 27, died of COVID-19 complications less than two weeks after her youngest child was born, the station reported, but her husband, Rico, says she had a sweet moment following his birth.

“They said that she did fine during the emergency C-section,” he told KRTK. “And that she was aware afterward and that they were able to tell her she had a healthy baby boy.”

Crystal never got to hold her baby boy, though.

She never woke up after that,” Rico told KRIV. “Those were probably her last moments from what I know.”

The mom died Jan. 15, according to her niece.

“It hurts me having to make this post she was such an amazing mom to her babies and had that laugh that would make you smile. She definitely will never be forgotten,” niece Alexis Alba shared to Facebook. “My heart breaks knowing my uncle will have to go on by himself with 6 kids.”

Rico and Crystal were not vaccinated against the coronavirus, KTRK reported.

“Me and my wife, we talked about it,” Rico told the Houston TV station. “She was pregnant and so she had some concerns. It all happened so fast and it was being pushed on us very fast and she just didn’t want — she didn’t feel comfortable and so I wasn’t going to go against her wishes.”

Crystal’s death came 14 days after she and Rico became sick with COVID-19, according to a GoFundMe on behalf of the family.

“As days went by Crystal started to get worse and at night would feel like she was dying because she couldn’t breathe. Crystal went to the hospital on Tuesday January 4th and was immediately admitted because her oxygen levels were low,” the GoFundMe says, adding that she delivered baby Koda on Jan. 6.

While Rico says the older children understand their mom has passed, he told KRIV that his 3-year-old son still asks when she will come home from the doctor.

“I try to explain to him mommy is an angel now,” the dad told KRIV, “she’s watching over you.”

Pregnancy and COVID-19 vaccines

Experts with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend COVID-19 vaccines for anyone pregnant, breastfeeding, trying to become pregnant and who may get pregnant in the future.

“Although the overall risks are low, people who are pregnant or recently pregnant are at an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19 compared with people who are not pregnant,” the CDC says.

Severe illness encompasses the need for hospitalization, intensive care and ventilation, along with illnesses that result in death.

“Additionally, people who have COVID-19 during pregnancy are at increased risk of preterm birth and stillbirth and might be at increased risk of other pregnancy complications,” according to the CDC.

Early research shows that COVID-19 vaccination is safe and effective during pregnancy, officials say, and benefits of the vaccine outweigh known or potential risks.

Additionally, the CDC says getting vaccinated against COVID-19 while pregnant builds antibodies that may protect your baby.

I have to wonder, did she make the choice not to vaccinate? If so, isn't that what we have been told since this country was founded, that we have God given rights, Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. Which includes choice? 

I am sad that this happened, I would not wish that upon any family--but everyone has a choice to make. 

3 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

I have to wonder, did she make the choice not to vaccinate? If so, isn't that what we have been told since this country was founded, that we have God given rights, Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. Which includes choice? 

I am sad that this happened, I would not wish that upon any family--but everyone has a choice to make. 

I looked it up. She felt it was against her religion

23 minutes ago, osup116 said:

She felt it was against her religion

If that is the case I would love to hear the theology behind it. No one values religious freedom more than me...and I know that some folks had concerns about a distant connection to stem cells related to abortion...but I am not aware of one single mainstream religious leader from Robert Jeffress to Pope Francis that has said that is a legit reason to not get vaxxed. I suspect that 99% of folks seeking religious exemptions are really motivated by political and ideological reasons rather than theological ones.

50 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

If that is the case I would love to hear the theology behind it. No one values religious freedom more than me...and I know that some folks had concerns about a distant connection to stem cells related to abortion...but I am not aware of one single mainstream religious leader from Robert Jeffress to Pope Francis that has said that is a legit reason to not get vaxxed. I suspect that 99% of folks seeking religious exemptions are really motivated by political and ideological reasons rather than theological ones.

There is no scripture that prohibits the use of medicines......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, osup116 said:

I looked it up. She felt it was against her religion

I have read in some articles that past vaccines contained aborted fetal cells in them, and they are used extensively for many vaccines.  Perhaps she did not want the tissue of a dead baby in her body, and felt that was wrong.  For that I respect her choice on religious grounds.  Use of Aborted Fetal Tissue in Vaccines and Medical Research Obscures the Value of All Human Life (nih.gov)

On 1/22/2022 at 8:57 AM, Youngcoach123 said:

Experts with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend COVID-19 vaccines for anyone pregnant, breastfeeding, trying to become pregnant and who may get pregnant in the future.

👆There is absolutely no data to support this. 

https://vaccinedeaths.com/2022-01-21-covid-vaccine-causes-miscarriages-stillbirths.html

What is especially concerning about the data found are the number of pregnant and lactating women who received the shots in the first few months of the rollout. The data states that of 270 “unique pregnancies” exposed to the vaccine, “nu outcome was provided for 238 pregnancies,” leaving only 32 with known outcomes. Out of these, 32 known outcomes, 23 resulted in spontaneous abortions (miscarriages), two premature  births with neonatal deaths, two spontaneous abortions with intrauterine death, one spontaneous abortion with neonatal death and one pregnancy with “normal outcome.”

This means that of 32 pregnancies with known outcomes, 28 resulted in fetal death. If results are to be based only on the known outcomes of the vaccines in pregnant and lactating women, there is an 87.5 percent pregnancy loss rate.