Groveton is open

StingEmALTO

Just now, Rowebot said:

Would it be a HARD sell to make?

I don't think.  He's been at some bigger schools before.  Been a coordinator for awhile.  Comes from a coaching family.  When Groveton got beat by Electra in 1985 for the state championship, his dad coached at Electra.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Based on the twitter posts of the OC I'd say its not going to be an internal candidate and its going to be someone who has been a HC before

If Birdwell couldn't get the job when he was OC and we were averaging 50+, Sexton doesn't stand a chance now when we're averaging 10 and going 1-9. We need a fresh start. We cannot get this wrong again. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 12:26 PM, NewtonBaller said:

I know a 3a coordinator on the Houston side of things that would be a good fit.

It is a shame how many small school coordinators would make great head coaches but no one will take a chance

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, RedMan1234 said:

The offer has been made and was accepted this week by Matt Woodard. He is the former DC for Port Neches Groves.

Good man good coach. Won a ring in Henderson and i believe in allen or got close.

• Like 1

Couldn't go wrong with either of the top guys. Matts dad was a great coach. Had a nother coach been coordinator at a few smaller schools, had a good coaching family and would have been good at the "helm".  Hopefully he gets his shot soon. Best of luck to Woodard. 

57 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

Spring hill would take that shot??? i find that unlikjely/........

We spilt the AD & HFC roles.  Both are posted on school web site.  Not going to get many applicants w/ HFC experience that will come without the AD pay.  So we will be promoting an OC or DC every two years.

• Like 1