Best AD in East Texas

Sportsguru02

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Who is the best AD around East Texas in y’all opinion?

Loaded question.....I mean.....what are we measuring it by? How do you measure the success of an AD? Football wins since he is most likely also the Football HC? Grades - academic success of their student athletes? Overall wins throughout the whole athletic program? That my friend is a hard accolade to give out. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Loaded question.....I mean.....what are we measuring it by? How do you measure the success of an AD? Football wins since he is most likely also the Football HC? Grades - academic success of their student athletes? Overall wins throughout the whole athletic program? That my friend is a hard accolade to give out. 

Overall programs not just boys. I think there are some good football coaches out there but horrible ADs. If I would have it my way I wouldn’t make the football coach the AD because a lot of other sports suffer because of that.

2 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Overall programs not just boys. I think there are some good football coaches out there but horrible ADs. If I would have it my way I wouldn’t make the football coach the AD because a lot of other sports suffer because of that.

There are also a lot of schools that have separate ADs over boys and girls programs. That throws a big monkey wrench in the variables. 

5 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I know a lot of schools have a girls coordinator but they report to the AD 

Marshall has an assistant AD that handles all the ladies sports.  Ms. Jodi Satterwhite is the Lady that has helped absolutely transform our ladies programs.   

Her and Coach Greidl (AD) have done an outstanding job not only getting the Ladies back on track... but the work they have done in facilites (all sports) has been nothing short of phenomenal.  

Baseball resurrected last season after a couple of down seasons.

Hard to complain about them.  I'm not tooooo much of a homer.... I know there are more successful programs out there right now that deserve more accolades than MHS.

BUT.......Mav Nation has been blessed by all the hard work these two have put in since 2019.  It's starting to show up on the fields and courts. And that's pretty exciting. 

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Marshall has an assistant AD that handles all the ladies sports.  Ms. Jodi Satterwhite is the Lady that has helped absolutely transform our ladies programs.   

Her and Coach Greidl (AD) have done an outstanding job not only getting the Ladies back on track... but the work they have done in facilites (all sports) has been nothing short of phenomenal.  

Baseball resurrected last season after a couple of down seasons.

Hard to complain about them.  I'm not tooooo much of a homer.... I know there are more successful programs out there right now that deserve more accolades than MHS.

BUT.......Mav Nation has been blessed by all the hard work these two have put in since 2019.  It's starting to show up on the fields and courts. And that's pretty exciting. 

I agree Marshall has been competing in every sport and the job they have done with the facilities is outstanding 

42 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

If I had to vote o think Gibson at PG is one of if not the top 

Your right Eagle8.   I was reading the Marshall opening and moved to this topic.  LOL.  Assumed guru was stating Gibson would leave to go to Marshall.  Thanks for the help!

2 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

HE IS NOT LEAVING.   His name brought up every time there is an opening.   100% not going anywhere until his son graduates.    

Nobody said anything about him leaving dude lol. Chill out. Read the topic......dude is just saying he thinks he is the best AD in East Texas. Didn't say trying to lure him away. Dang....used all caps.....he meant that in his soul lmao

• LOL! 1

7 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Nobody said anything about him leaving dude lol. Chill out. Read the topic......dude is just saying he thinks he is the best AD in East Texas. Didn't say trying to lure him away. Dang....used all caps.....he meant that in his soul lmao

Gotcha.   Thanks for getting that straight for me.

Guest Tiger03lb

Imo, it'd be one from 4a and above in East Texas. It's tough in the lower levels as some sports excel more than the other and also with talent each year, unless you are Brock. 

1 hour ago, BlackShirtD said:

Your right Eagle8.   I was reading the Marshall opening and moved to this topic.  LOL.  Assumed guru was stating Gibson would leave to go to Marshall.  Thanks for the help!

Lol all good brodie......you was hot 🔥 lol

33 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Imo, it'd be one from 4a and above in East Texas. It's tough in the lower levels as some sports excel more than the other and also with talent each year, unless you are Brock. 

Beckville has pretty good programs and not to mention harmony with Russell did an amazing job 

• Like 1

Hallsville just split their job into separate HC - AD jobs 2 years ago. Cody Farrell is doing a bang up job! Starting to assemble a great coaching staff across the board in Boys and Girls sports!! Not much he can do to improve the great athletic facilities but might start pushing for an indoor practice facility someday soon!!

• Like 1