Jack Alvarez named new Marshall AD/HC

TrumpisDump

I have followed Jack Alvarez closely over the years.  His wing T is a lot like Pleasant grove's in the way that it is dynamic.  He has done nothing but build championship caliber teams in almost every place he has been.  What he did in Kirbyville was honestly insane.  If he comes to Marshall, I can guarantee with those athletes, Marshall will be tough to beat.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Outside of Hallsville and Whitehouse…. I would venture to guess that the demographics at MHS aren’t that different than all the other schools in 8-5A or any other minority majority school in East Texas (Lufkin, Tyler, etc).

Totally agree coaching in a school like this is different than it is in Frisco or Mansfield. 

East Texas is different because of the wide socio-economic differences in your kids. Not all of them will be poor.  Only a handful come from wealth.  Most will me lower middle income.  Gotta reach them all.  Gotta love on them all. 

Im pretty stoked. I think Mav Nation as a whole will be too. 

Tyler high is 75% at risk, with 90% economic disadvantage

5 hours ago, TrumpisDump said:

Yeah but Cali's moving out here may make the right a lil mad lol.... 

people assume that the Cali people moving here are liberal.  Most don't know that the state that has the most total amount of republicans is California.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingwolf said:

a politician's answer.   :)

Lmao. Not my place to say.

Im too liberal for my conservative friends.  Too conservative for my liberal friends. 

I’m too smart to be a politician. Too tribal for me right now. 

• LOL! 1

20 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Lmao. Not my place to say.

Im too liberal for my conservative friends.  Too conservative for my liberal friends. 

I’m too smart to be a politician. Too tribal for me right now. 

Lol I'd say I'm the same way but just dislike Trump. Anyways enough of the politics 🤣 this wing T will be a big switch up. Do you think it'll limit the Mavs with the abundance of athletic ability. 

42 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

Lol I'd say I'm the same way but just dislike Trump. Anyways enough of the politics 🤣 this wing T will be a big switch up. Do you think it'll limit the Mavs with the abundance of athletic ability. 

I don’t expect a total offensive revamp.

Sure… we may see it in some formations.  I like the wrinkles it brings.  

But the athletes we have lends itself to a spread type offense over a totally run oriented offense.

Takes a different kind of athlete to run a wing T/Wishbone type offense. 

We’ve got so much speed… and so many tools that point to a balanced/spread offense… hard to imagine that not continuing. Being balanced is where success seems to be in most championship teams.  

56 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

But the athletes we have lends itself to a spread type offense over a totally run oriented offense.

We’ve got so much speed… and so many tools that point to a balanced/spread offense… hard to imagine that not continuing. Being balanced is where success seems to be in most championship teams.  

When he ran it in Kirbyville, he would switch it up in alignments…he even ran a crazy misdirection type RPO when they were in shotgun formations….the passing game routes were the toughest to defend…the thing I like most about his formations is that plays don’t take long to develop even if there are some fakes involved…I’m telling you…the man is gifted…hope he brings that hybrid offense he used in Kirbyville and Ennis…that was his best version….copperas cove and Cuero, not so much 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Yeah it'll be the biggest curveball in ETX for sure at that level. 

5 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Marshall must be about to fork over some coin if all the others he tried going to didn’t give him the amount he wanted. 

his name was mentioned early on as a candidate here in Jasper.

Jasper salary for HC/AD tops out at $102k (ish). Barbay after 10 years had a salary of mid to high 90s

It was said Alvarez was looking for $125k and for his wife to have a position like she has had in Cuero.

Director of special education department. it falls in administrative pay scale with price tag that ranges ln $90(s)k

$200k a year basically to be HC/AD.

when I heard that, I said publicly he was not worth it and for him to kick rocks.

in my opinion the Lord of the Rings(Surratt) is the standard  for HC/AD salary.  Around $150k he makes right(rightfully so)?  As successful Alvarez has been,  It doesn't begin to hail in comparison.

So he damn sure shouldn't be within $25k of Surratt's salary 

His son being the coach at Garrison, it makes sense. Closer to them now than he  has been in a long time. Marshall will definitely bring different type of toughness this fall. might take a year or so but wouldn’t be surprised to see Marshall playing in to December regularly if he’s around

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

his name was mentioned early on as a candidate here in Jasper.

Jasper salary for HC/AD tops out at $102k (ish). Barbay after 10 years had a salary of mid to high 90s

It was said Alvarez was looking for $125k and for his wife to have a position like she has had in Cuero.

Director of special education department. it falls in administrative pay scale with price tag that ranges ln $90(s)k

$200k a year basically to be HC/AD.

when I heard that, I said publicly he was not worth it and for him to kick rocks.

in my opinion the Lord of the Rings(Surratt) is the standard  for HC/AD salary.  Around $150k he makes right(rightfully so)?  As successful Alvarez has been,  It doesn't begin to hail in comparison.

So he damn sure shouldn't be within $25k of Surratt's salary 

Damn.... 

16 hours ago, kingwolf said:

I have followed Jack Alvarez closely over the years.  His wing T is a lot like Pleasant grove's in the way that it is dynamic.  He has done nothing but build championship caliber teams in almost every place he has been.  What he did in Kirbyville was honestly insane.  If he comes to Marshall, I can guarantee with those athletes, Marshall will be tough to beat.  

Yes, he did an awesome job of "having Fred Ford" at Kirbyville. 

7 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Yes, he did an awesome job of "having Fred Ford". 

Lol...ok...Fred was hurt for some pretty big games and stretches....I watched games were the other team sold out on stopping Fred and Kville beat them other ways.  Fred was a pivotal part of those teams but he wasn't the team.

• Like 1

• Mavchamp changed the title to Jack Alvarez named new Marshall AD/HC