This is funny because he is the Texas Biden

osup116

Beto O’Rourke to Joe Biden: Stay Away from Me

Texas Democrat gubernatorial candidate Beto O'Rourke speaks during a campaign event in Fort Worth, Texas Friday, Dec. 3, 2021.
LM Otero/AP
JACOB BLISS

Beto O’Rourke, a Democrat candidate in Texas’s gubernatorial race, said during a Friday news conference that he wants President Joe Biden to stay away from his campaign.

O’Rourke, coming off of failed campaign attempts — losing against Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) in 2018, and a failed presidential bid in 2020 — said he has “no interest” in receiving help from Biden or any Washington, DC politician during his campaign for governor.

“I’m not interested in any national politician — anyone outside of Texas — coming into this state to help decide the outcome of this,” O’Rourke said in his news conference, according to Dallas News. “I think we all want to make sure that we’re working with, listening to, and voting with one another here in Texas.”

Biden, who has now been in office for over a year, has been plagued with bad poll numbers after dealing with the consequences of poor decision-making during his presidency, such as a supply chain crisis, record-high inflation, and the botched Afghanistan withdrawal.

Earlier this month, Biden received his lowest approval rating numbers since taking office, according to a Quinnipiac poll showing his job approval at only 33 percent. In November, a Trafalgar poll showed similar low polling numbers, with only 36.3 percent of likely general election voters approving of Biden’s job performance.

O’Rourke pointed to recent events in Congress and at the Supreme Court, saying, “No one in Washington, DC, right now can help us with the challenges that we have… This one is on all of us.”

Jacob Bliss is a reporter for Breitbart News. You can follow him on Twitter.

16 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Beto is pointing out very clearly that while Abbott has been pandering to the alt right with national issues, that HIS campaign is about Texas issues, which is what a governor who cares about Texans should be about. 

Betoff may be the only politician more toxic than 🔌s in Texas .... you bet, he's coming for our ARs ...  what a maroon!!! .... 

• LOL! 1

13 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Beto is pointing out very clearly that while Abbott has been pandering to the alt right with national issues, that HIS campaign is about Texas issues, which is what a governor who cares about Texans should be about. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2022/governor/tx/texas-governor-abbott-vs-orourke-7376.html#polls

https://abc13.com/texas-news-greg-abbott-parental-bill-of-rights-access/11496926/#:~:text=On Thursday%2C Abbott introduced his,a campaign stop in Lewisville.&text="Texas will give parents the,school district%2C" Abbott said.

"Texas will give parents the option to decide if their child should repeat a course or grade level instead of leaving that decision solely to the school district," Abbott said.

Abbott is quickly losing my vote--this stuff about "parent bill of rights" is over the top. 

#1. That decision is already done by committee, that has the parents in it. So this is nothing more than trying to score political points with those that DO NOT READ or KNOW EDUCATION!!!!!!

Besides, he heads the state where the STATE has placed "CRITERIA" for graduating high school--are some of you so dense that you think that parents shoulc be able to say their child does NOT need that class. Ya'll need to watch the movie Idiocracy

16 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Nobody in Texas wants their guns confiscated 

2 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

https://abc13.com/texas-news-greg-abbott-parental-bill-of-rights-access/11496926/#:~:text=On Thursday%2C Abbott introduced his,a campaign stop in Lewisville.&text="Texas will give parents the,school district%2C" Abbott said.

"Texas will give parents the option to decide if their child should repeat a course or grade level instead of leaving that decision solely to the school district," Abbott said.

Abbott is quickly losing my vote--this stuff about "parent bill of rights" is over the top. 

#1. That decision is already done by committee, that has the parents in it. So this is nothing more than trying to score political points with those that DO NOT READ or KNOW EDUCATION!!!!!!

Besides, he heads the state where the STATE has placed "CRITERIA" for graduating high school--are some of you so dense that you think that parents shoulc be able to say their child does NOT need that class. Ya'll need to watch the movie Idiocracy

What's wrong with you? Speaking about real issues you don't like with one candidate or the other. If it's not about abortion, guns or china smoaky.com doesn't care to hear it. Both sides prey on the subjects most are uneducated about.

17 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Many of his positions, I would wager, most Texans don't want.

I would wager that most people want responsible government when it comes to the power grid, to public education, to health care, to basic health  and safety and security in the middle of a pandemic. These are not positive issues for any GOP candidate. 

7 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

We'll see. Clear choice between them, for sure. I am guessing that you don't think Huffines or West have a chance? 

I'm voting for Huffines in the primary, but if Abbott wins the primary he easily has my vote over O'Rourke.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

I would bet that if the child fails the classes they won't be able to move on if the parent decides.  I know in the past that parents never had that type of option.  However, some kids would say that their parents held them back, because they didn't think they were mature enough to move on to the next grade.  Maybe they were a C student, or maybe they failed, but wanted to blame their parents instead of their poor grades.  I can guarantee that if a student doesn't have all of their credits to graduate, they will not graduate period.  There were some classes that I was forced to take that I don't think were needed.  English III ?  C'mon we had been taught English since the 2nd grade.  I realize people think southerners speak funny, but you don't need 10 years of breaking down sentences or English Lit that we had to read.  I hated Edith Wharton, Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, etc. .  I would have rather read Hemingway, Steinbeck, Faulkner, Pound, Eliot, etc. that I wasn't introduced to in High School except for Steinbeck until I chose to read them on my own.  Sorry I'm still mad about that.  I also don't think kids need  foreign language credits.  Do they really need Geometry either ?  

4 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

I would wager that most people want responsible government when it comes to the power grid, to public education, to health care, to basic health  and safety and security in the middle of a pandemic. These are not positive issues for any GOP candidate. 

The grid has been a-ok with the recent ice storms.  I want the Government out of health care and away from "security" during the pandemic.  Judge Lina Hidalgo would have already shut down Harris Co., and then I would have no security of being able to work.  

2 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

He'd still beat O'Rourke.  No Texan in their right mind would vote for that clown.  

Huffines or Abbott would both mop the floor with Betoff .... I just don't see Huffines beating Abbott in the primary  .....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

He'd still beat O'Rourke.  No Texan in their right mind would vote for that clown.  

I'm beginning to get very concerned with the Beto movement. It seems to be just like the Biden movement was. Not that Robert Francis is any good it's just a deep hatred for Abbott.

15 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I would bet that if the child fails the classes they won't be able to move on if the parent decides.  I know in the past that parents never had that type of option. 

That is wrong, I have been in teaching for almost 30 years and PARENTS have always had the option to move their child on to the next grade. And in High school, they get moved on if they get the correct number of credits, they just have to retake any class that is required. And now with computers, they can take them online to make up the credits, not just sit in the classroom again. 

Parents have all the rights in a school setting, and to top it off, every administrator will bend over backwards to make sure that the parents are happy with the current conditions, doesn't matter how rude the parent is, they always get their way....especially in any school district that I have worked in--and that is 6 different school districts. 

And BTW--Geometry--Really, that is an important class for all students. 

Occupations that need geometry would include plumber, construction, clothing designers, interior designers, surveyors, just to name a few. And some of these jobs are needed all the time. SMH. 

40 minutes ago, mellon said:

I'm beginning to get very concerned with the Beto movement. It seems to be just like the Biden movement was. Not that Robert Francis is any good it's just a deep hatred for Abbott.

While I agree that there is a lot of hatred for Abbot, the dems are NOT doing themselves any favors by throwing out Robert Francis, if they were to throw out a genuine moderate, that person could get my vote, especially if they were education friendly. But I can't vote for someone who want to "take my guns"--EVER!!!!!