This is funny because he is the Texas Biden

osup116

9 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

That is wrong, I have been in teaching for almost 30 years and PARENTS have always had the option to move their child on to the next grade. And in High school, they get moved on if they get the correct number of credits, they just have to retake any class that is required. And now with computers, they can take them online to make up the credits, not just sit in the classroom again. 

Parents have all the rights in a school setting, and to top it off, every administrator will bend over backwards to make sure that the parents are happy with the current conditions, doesn't matter how rude the parent is, they always get their way....especially in any school district that I have worked in--and that is 6 different school districts. 

And BTW--Geometry--Really, that is an important class for all students. 

Occupations that need geometry would include plumber, construction, clothing designers, interior designers, surveyors, just to name a few. And some of these jobs are needed all the time. SMH. 

That wasn't the case when I was in school, and shouldn't be the case.  If that were the case many parents I know wouldn't allow their child to move on to the next grade.  My best friend had to take summer school classes every year from  the 2nd grade until the 6th grade.  I wasn't surprised that it took him 7 years to receive his degree as an engineer.  That was the way it was in High School in regards to credits, but some classes they didn't offer for summer school.  I know one person that had to take Government again the next semester.  It was the only class that they had to take though.  I don't see how Geometry is important.  The only thing I use it for is playing pool, but I don't work my shot out on paper.  What else do you use it for ?  I've done plumbing work by myself, but it was just replacing a broken pipe.  I only needed to know the diameter of the pipe so I got the right part.  Not many people go on to becoming clothing designers, interior designers, surveyors, and construction work can be done without a knowledge of geometry except by the person designing the home in my opinion.  While Geometry is needed by a few people, most people don't use geometry outside of high school.  

12 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I don't see how Geometry is important.

It can be when laying pipe. Or building a house. Ever use the pythagorean theorem on a roof? That's essentially what "rise over run" is. If you know the "Run" is 12 feet, and the rise is 6 feet, then you have two sides of a right triangle, and you can calculate that the hypotenuse is approximately 13.42 feet (about 13 feet, 5 inches).

Also, consider this: A cylinder that is 2" in diameter and 1" high, has four times the volume of a cylinder that is 1" in diameter and 1" high.

• Thanks 1

That wasn't the case when I was in school, and shouldn't be the case.  If that were the case many parents I know wouldn't allow their child to move on to the next grade.  My best friend had to take summer school classes every year from  the 2nd grade until the 6th grade.  I wasn't surprised that it took him 7 years to receive his degree as an engineer.  That was the way it was in High School in regards to credits, but some classes they didn't offer for summer school.  I know one person that had to take Government again the next semester.  It was the only class that they had to take though.  I don't see how Geometry is important.  The only thing I use it for is playing pool, but I don't work my shot out on paper.  What else do you use it for ?  I've done plumbing work by myself, but it was just replacing a broken pipe.  I only needed to know the diameter of the pipe so I got the right part.  Not many people go on to becoming clothing designers, interior designers, surveyors, and construction work can be done without a knowledge of geometry except by the person designing the home in my opinion.  While Geometry is needed by a few people, most people don't use geometry outside of high school.  

Geometry has many practical uses in architecture and construction  ....  it is tangible and makes sense to me .... unlike algebra,  trigonometry and calculus  .....

A few is two (2)--more than a "few" people use geometry every day, even if they don't realize it. I am sure even you use it daily, without even knowing it. But that statement bolded, just allows us to know that not everyone is "pro-education", because they had a bad experience in school over a subject. I hated english classes, but I completed my classes, in high school and college, and I am thankful daily that I remember and use my education--especially the writing part of english. Which allows me to be a "spelling nazi" on this site. :rofl:

BTW, I know that I have left some mistakes in the above--I didn't want to everyone to think I was perfect like some people act on this site. 🤣

5 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Geometry has many practical uses in architecture and construction  ....  it is tangible and makes sense to me .... unlike algebra,  trigonometry and calculus  .....

I know a lot of people like you--geometry was easy and they could understand, but the others were hard and senseless. I on the other hand was opposite of you. Algebra, Calculus, Trig, those all came easy to me. Geometry was the pain in the rear, all those angles, poly--what ever they are called. :rofl: But numbers and letters--that was easy--still easy today. 

6 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I know a lot of people like you--geometry was easy and they could understand, but the others were hard and senseless. I on the other hand was opposite of you. Algebra, Calculus, Trig, those all came easy to me. Geometry was the pain in the rear, all those angles, poly--what ever they are called. :rofl: But numbers and letters--that was easy--still easy today. 

My oldest son grduated from LSU with a math degree and tutored other students in advaced math classes ... he worked several years as an actuary and belongs to Mensa  ....  I can add, subtract, multiply, divide, do fractions and decimils as well as anybody, after that I'm lost .... numbers and letters don't mix in my word ....  that advanced math stuff makes my head hurt just looking at it .... 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

11 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

A few is two (2)--more than a "few" people use geometry every day, even if they don't realize it. I am sure even you use it daily, without even knowing it. But that statement bolded, just allows us to know that not everyone is "pro-education", because they had a bad experience in school over a subject. I hated english classes, but I completed my classes, in high school and college, and I am thankful daily that I remember and use my education--especially the writing part of english. Which allows me to be a "spelling nazi" on this site. :rofl:

BTW, I know that I have left some mistakes in the above--I didn't want to everyone to think I was perfect like some people act on this site. 🤣

I used those same geometry skills even before I took geometry and learned all of the formulas that I do today.  Once I memorized the formulas I was good to go, but the first 6 weeks was terrible.  Algebra was far easier for me, because it was like solving a puzzle in my mind.  

On 1/25/2022 at 9:30 AM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

It would make my day for Abbott to crush BETO by 10+ points.  3 failed high profile runs at office will just make this guy go away.  Especially losing to a puppet like Abbott

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

It can be when laying pipe. Or building a house. Ever use the pythagorean theorem on a roof? That's essentially what "rise over run" is. If you know the "Run" is 12 feet, and the rise is 6 feet, then you have two sides of a right triangle, and you can calculate that the hypotenuse is approximately 13.42 feet (about 13 feet, 5 inches).

Also, consider this: A cylinder that is 2" in diameter and 1" high, has four times the volume of a cylinder that is 1" in diameter and 1" high.

Nerd alert?

On 1/24/2022 at 7:46 PM, BarryLaverty said:

Beto is pointing out very clearly that while Abbott has been pandering to the alt right with national issues, that HIS campaign is about Texas issues, which is what a governor who cares about Texans should be about. 

Yes, Abbott is a awesome and compassionate leader. He's a true patriot and a very proud Texan. It would be great to have national government officials who loved America. Man, what a concept!

Just now, Doomer said:

Yes, Abbott is a awesome and compassionate leader. He's a true patriot and a very proud Texan. It would be great to have national government officials who loved America. Man, what a concept!

Good ol' Doomer. It's your simple homespun country ways what with their complete ignorance that warms my heart. Thanks for that on this cold Friday! :rofl:

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

Good ol' Doomer. It's your simple homespun country ways what with their complete ignorance that warms my heart. Thanks for that on this cold Friday! :rofl:

Thankx! I like you too Barry but ol' Beto is a totally different animal. If he comes for my 16 gauge he better wear ear plugs. #TrueStorie.org

On 1/27/2022 at 8:48 AM, KirtFalcon said:

My oldest son grduated from LSU with a math degree and tutored other students in advaced math classes ... he worked several years as an actuary and belongs to Mensa  ....  I can add, subtract, multiply, divide, do fractions and decimils as well as anybody, after that I'm lost .... numbers and letters don't mix in my word ....  that advanced math stuff makes my head hurt just looking at it .... 

Letters have no business in math.  Been telling Kolmes that for years.  I can’t get my head around adding X + Y and it equals LGBTQBSBS.  That belongs in English class, not math 😂😂😂🤣👽🤣😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

On 1/24/2022 at 7:46 PM, BarryLaverty said:

Beto is pointing out very clearly that while Abbott has been pandering to the alt right with national issues, that HIS campaign is about Texas issues, which is what a governor who cares about Texans should be about. 

I didn't know building a wall and wanting a secure border was an alt right position. I assumed most normal sane people want a secure border and don't want millions of foreign nationals invading our country with drugs, gangs and human trafficking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Hagar said:

Letters have no business in math.  Been telling Kolmes that for years.  I can’t get my head around adding X + Y and it equals LGBTQBSBS.  That belongs in English class, not math 😂😂😂🤣👽🤣😂😂😂

My Dad used to tell a story about a poor 👪 who scraped up enough money to send their youngest son to college.  He came home that first semester after being gone for several months.  His family threw a big wing ding for the family.  His aunts, uncles and cousins were all there. His Paw was so proud of him .... He said "Son, speak some of that algeeebra to us" ... The timid boy started, "PI r squared" ...... His Paw interrupted, "Naw, son ... you know better than that, Pie are round, cornbread are square!" ....

• LOL! 1