UPDATE: Tenaha hires Terry Ward

StingEmALTO

Man, Tenaha has had tremendous turnover in staff over the past couple years….. I bet this gets really interesting on next hire…..I’m  sure there will be tons of applicants for that spot…. Perennial winning program and powerhouse in D-2…… More than held their own while in D-1 for that particular season….. I’ve got a real good hunch on who the next person will be…..

47 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

Man, Tenaha has had tremendous turnover in staff over the past couple years….. I bet this gets really interesting on next hire…..I’m  sure there will be tons of applicants for that spot…. Perennial winning program and powerhouse in D-2…… More than held their own while in D-1 for that particular season….. I’ve got a real good hunch on who the next person will be…..

Powerhouse PeeWee Program .... 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, GreaseLightning said:

If all that is true...what's the problem? Why do so many leave? 

I’m sure there will be several quality guys and deserving guys go for this one…… I can think of one for sure that could probably entice a few kids from surrounding schools to attend via transfer and it not interfere with intra-district issues….. and I bet he would thrive at Tenaha…. Oughta be interesting for sure

26 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

One home town guy that has head coaching experience that no one seems to be talking about around Tenaha is Darius Ingram.   Every time Tenaha has been open in the past his name got floated but not this time.   I don't know. 

Ponder will be the guy that everyone wants.   Not saying he will get hired.  But hes the guy everyone thinks will get it.  Rumor is since day one Center Texas school board members have been calling Tenaha citizens dragging Ponder through the mud and telling people not to hire him.  Ain't that trashy if true?  

Personally I'm not anti Ponder or anything like that.   Hes just not the guy that I hope gets the job.   I have made my choice although Gabriel Owens  choice doesn't matter in Tenaha texas.  Lol.  Definitely wish I had a little pull.  Lol.  My guy fits us in the short term but also he fits us for the next generation.   Just gotta get the guy an interview and let the Good Lord do the rest.   

Great points, Center can say what they want but Ponder won there and they went 1-9 this past season. He's won everywhere he's been. Center New Supt ran off Ponder and that guy is anti-athletics. Center needs to worry about there own Supt. 

44 minutes ago, TXHSGOD said:

Great points, Center can say what they want but Ponder won there and they went 1-9 this past season. He's won everywhere he's been. Center New Supt ran off Ponder and that guy is anti-athletics. Center needs to worry about there own Supt. 

LOL. Sounds like you have it all figured out. 

57 minutes ago, TXHSGOD said:

Anybody looked at how many playoff wins he has since he left WF Ryder 12 seasons ago?

32 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

Is their anything he said that's not true?  Center Texas needs to put out their own damn dumpster fire and leave Scott Ponders name out they mouth.   

Yes. "Center Sup is anti-athletics", among the more ridiculous statements ever made. 

27 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Yes. "Center Sup is anti-athletics", among the more ridiculous statements ever made. 

Why did Center go 1-9? The Supt at Center wanted his own guy. Its how the business works but he went about it all wrong. There's a reason they went 1-9. 

2 hours ago, StillGreezy said:

One home town guy that has head coaching experience that no one seems to be talking about around Tenaha is Darius Ingram.   Every time Tenaha has been open in the past his name got floated but not this time.   I don't know. 

Ponder will be the guy that everyone wants.   Not saying he will get hired.  But hes the guy everyone thinks will get it.  Rumor is since day one Center Texas school board members have been calling Tenaha citizens dragging Ponder through the mud and telling people not to hire him.  Ain't that trashy if true?  

Personally I'm not anti Ponder or anything like that.   Hes just not the guy that I hope gets the job.   I have made my choice although Gabriel Owens  choice doesn't matter in Tenaha texas.  Lol.  Definitely wish I had a little pull.  Lol.  My guy fits us in the short term but also he fits us for the next generation.   Just gotta get the guy an interview and let the Good Lord do the rest.   

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Tenaha hires Terry Ward