UPDATE: Tenaha hires Terry Ward

StingEmALTO

9 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

Tenaha is by far the superior basketball team but any reasonable person watching the game would have the same perspective as I did…. But go ahead and keep that same energy on the “butthurt” theory next ftball season. Got a good hunch the Tigers will be  feeling similar as Rams did and the clock won’t be allowed to run at half and the coach won’t be allowed to just quit and get on bus like this past year….😲😜🏻

We had more fouls that Arp had points last night. 

• Wow 1

8 hours ago, StillGreezy said:

I'd give Todd Bodden that compliment first.   State teams in 2009 and 2011 I believe.   Although Greg had many regional tournament championship round teams, just never quite got over the hump.   

I can remember Tenaha playing for a state championship in basketball in 1991. Does that mean Raymond Jackson gets credit for starting the dynasty?

9 hours ago, StillGreezy said:

I'd give Todd Bodden that compliment first.   State teams in 2009 and 2011 I believe.   Although Greg had many regional tournament championship round teams, just never quite got over the hump.   

Jackson and Claiborne built that hoop-house and Bodden and Jenkins just kept it going.  Great talent at Tenaha every year.  

Let’s get this straight....

Coach Jackson ‘invented’ basketball in Tenaha. Once coached both the boys and girls teams early in his Tiger tenure with unprecedented success. No success in basketball and limited success in football prior to his arrival! Totally established Tenaha!!!! 

Coached the football team and the basketball team for twenty years.  There was never any question ‘who the head ball coach was’....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, ttowngrad said:

Tenaha don’t “recruit“ for mama and daddy to have a job or a house and land inside the Tenaha school district.. hmmm or now living with grandma.. 

A few years ago they had a kid from Tyler "move in". It's been the way they do business for years.

Just now, Eagleborn said:

I mean, if you get kicked out for trying to fight your coach you gotta go somewhere. 

Shouldn't be allowed to. If you're allowed to you go on to a division 1 and end up with a felony and 10 years probation and applying for the NFL draft early and being undrafted and end up "across the tracks" in Carthage slangin rock.

On 2/9/2022 at 6:38 PM, Warpig52 said:

Let’s get this straight....

Coach Jackson ‘invented’ basketball in Tenaha. Once coached both the boys and girls teams early in his Tiger tenure with unprecedented success. No success in basketball and limited success in football prior to his arrival! Totally established Tenaha!!!! 

Coached the football team and the basketball team for twenty years.  There was never any question ‘who the head ball coach was’....

On 2/10/2022 at 10:41 AM, StillGreezy said:

I believe that tomorrow is the last day they'll be accepting applications and as of Feb 3rd we had over 70 applications plus one guy that wants the job but wont apply.   

I don't expect Tenaha to announce till probably mid March. 

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Tenaha hires Terry Ward