Covid bombshell.....

Sportsfanatic1

6 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Considering 85% of their population is vaccinated I’d say that’s not surprising.  

How so?

The death rate of those who have had two shots is about 12 per 100,000 which is more than 50% higher than the rate for the unvaccinated

Just now, ObiOne said:

How so?

The death rate of those who have had two shots is about 12 per 100,000 which is more than 50% higher than the rate for the unvaccinated

If there’s that many more vaccinated you’d expect more to catch it.  If there are more to catch it you’d expect more to die.  

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

If there’s that many more vaccinated you’d expect more to catch it.  If there are more to catch it you’d expect more to die.  

That doesn't change the rate of death.  Per 100,000 unvaccinated that catch it about 9 die.  Per 100,000 vaccinated that catch it about 12 die.

8 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Our govt uses that fuzzy math.  But I'm sure you didn't notice.

Ron Johnson is regarded as a kook by others in the Senate, much less his home state of Wisconsin. He's got a lower approval than what some of you tout President Biden with having. 

https://morningconsult.com/2022/01/25/ron-johnson-unpopular-in-wisconsin-can-he-win-anyway/

10 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

That doesn't change the rate of death.  Per 100,000 unvaccinated that catch it about 9 die.  Per 100,000 vaccinated that catch it about 12 die.

I would think demographics and other information would be useful in there too.  

I wish the UK had finished their “Principle” study on various drugs fighting Covid.  It was suspended due to unavailability of the drug.  Something so “readily available” shouldn’t run out part of the way through a trial 

1 minute ago, ObiOne said:

I guess.  Pools of 100,000 normally cover all demo's

Not necessarily, especially when certain ethnicities are proven to be more prone to the disease.

Also, Is that “per 100,000” rate just for those that caught it, or 100,000 of the general population?  That clarification would be nice too.  

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Not necessarily, especially when certain ethnicities are proven to be more prone to the disease.

Also, Is that “per 100,000” rate just for those that caught it, or 100,000 of the general population?  That clarification would be nice too.  

Scotland is 96% white

1 minute ago, ObiOne said:

Scotland is 96% white

True, so you need to know if wnd is saying the “per 100k” is pertaining to only the ones that caught it or the general population.  The numbers still don’t surprise me.  Comorbidity and other things can factor into that number.  Remember, each side of the media has a slant.  Wnd is not immune to that.

31 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

“More vax means more vaccinated get sick”? This is laughable on so many levels. But the most obvious point of this statement is the vax doesn’t work. 

How is it laughable?  If 4.5 million are vaccinated and 1 million are not, don’t you think the odds are likely more will  catch the virus that are vaccinated?  I’m guessing you skipped statistics for remedial math.  

who said vaccinated couldn’t catch it?