FDA is Culpable

ObiOne

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-shuts-monoclonal-antibody-treatment-sites-fda-sets-new-limits

Gov. Ron DeSantis blasted the Biden administration for the decision.

"Without a shred of clinical data to support this action, Biden has forced trained medical professionals to choose between treating their patients or breaking the law," DeSantis said in a statement. "This indefensible edict takes treatment out of the hands of medical professionals and will cost some Americans their lives. There are real-world implications to Biden’s medical authoritarianism – Americans’ access to treatments is now subject to the whims of a failing president."

13 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-shuts-monoclonal-antibody-treatment-sites-fda-sets-new-limits

Gov. Ron DeSantis blasted the Biden administration for the decision.

"Without a shred of clinical data to support this action, Biden has forced trained medical professionals to choose between treating their patients or breaking the law," DeSantis said in a statement. "This indefensible edict takes treatment out of the hands of medical professionals and will cost some Americans their lives. There are real-world implications to Biden’s medical authoritarianism – Americans’ access to treatments is now subject to the whims of a failing president."

Shades of what we could expect if, God forbid, we were forced into single payer government run healthcare  .....  tru storie  .......

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Shades of what we could expect if, God forbid, we were forced into single payer government run healthcare  .....  tru storie  .......

That is scary to think about the possibility.  Yet dimnuts on here want govt to make most every decision in their healthcare.  

25 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

That is scary to think about the possibility.  Yet dimnuts on here want govt to make most every decision in their healthcare.  

I sat with a lady in the Ronald McDonald house in Houston years back.  She had came from a place where the “board” deemed her daughter’s life was not worth the $600,000 surgery she needed.  She sat and cried about her daughter and said how could people think that way. Human life is priceless…. That was her exact words

24 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I sat with a lady in the Ronald McDonald house in Houston years back.  She had came from a place where the “board” deemed her daughter’s life was not worth the $600,000 surgery she needed.  She sat and cried about her daughter and said how could people think that way. Human life is priceless…. That was her exact words

Wow, terribly sad. 

41 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

True, but that's not the concern of cold government run panels who would be making those decisions for families .... all they will see is statistics,  dollars and policy .... no human element or emotion .....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

True, but that's not the concern of cold government run panels who would be making those decisions for families .... all they will see is statistics,  dollars and policy .... no human element or emotion .....

Except for theirs and their families. They all get to go to Walter Reed no charge. Horrible people!

• Like 2

I may be missing something...who denied the surgery? I don't believe it was any government official but an insurance company. My dad needed a liver transplant, when he was 65, and he died waiting on it, because the insurance company moved him down on the list, due to his 'advanced age'. 

Just now, BarryLaverty said:

I may be missing something...who denied the surgery? I don't believe it was any government official but an insurance company. My dad needed a liver transplant, when he was 65, and he died waiting on it, because the insurance company moved him down on the list, due to his 'advanced age'. 

That's horrible.

5 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

It was just over 20 years ago, so not a decision from Obamacare. 

I hate to hear that for you.  I know it's tough losing a father.  I thought of Mickey Mantle who had his liver transplant in June of 1995 and died two months later from the spread of cancer that they said was attributed to the antirejection drugs he was taking at the age of 63.  It's tough losing a parent.