Science Dudes Out There?

DannyZuco

9 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/wild-new-paper-suggests-earths-tectonic-activity-has-an-unseen-source/ar-AAT9BgY?li=BBnbfcL

Pretty interesting, just wondering if the elders on here will disagree with it, or accept it as a possibility? Sometimes they are cranky:rofl:

At first glance, it sorta makes sense. I mean, the moon affects the tides, why not land masses as well?

Just now, Monte1076 said:

At first glance, it sorta makes sense. I mean, the moon affects the tides, why not land masses as well?

I think that it is very feasible that these dudes are on the correct path. I imagine there are many factors that go into moving our tectonic plates, I just don't see a bunch of molten lava doing it all by itself. IMO. 

9 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/wild-new-paper-suggests-earths-tectonic-activity-has-an-unseen-source/ar-AAT9BgY?li=BBnbfcL

Pretty interesting, just wondering if the elders on here will disagree with it, or accept it as a possibility? Sometimes they are cranky:rofl:

I know that God can do anything that He desires in regards to the tectonic plates, but I think much of it has to do with the magma that is inside the Earth it's a molten sea so to speak, and that hardened layers will float and move on it.  

13 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I know that God can do anything that He desires in regards to the tectonic plates, but I think much of it has to do with the magma that is inside the Earth it's a molten sea so to speak, and that hardened layers will float and move on it.  

So you would agree then that the moon and sun would then have an effect on the movement of the tectonic plates, because if it is a sea of molten--our above ground seas rise and fall because of the gravitational pull of the moon and sun.  So this is a possibility of a logical theory for tectonic plate movement? 

10 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

So you would agree then that the moon and sun would then have an effect on the movement of the tectonic plates, because if it is a sea of molten--our above ground seas rise and fall because of the gravitational pull of the moon and sun.  So this is a possibility of a logical theory for tectonic plate movement? 

By their gravitational pull to some degree, but you would also have to account for our core that somewhat fights with those outside forces.  However they could have more of an effect in a billion or more years due to this recent discovery.  Earth's Core Is Cooling Faster Than Scientists Expected (msn.com)