3A- ETX Region 3/2- Way to early teams to watch

Rowebot

D1 and D2 who yall got? D1 region 3 makes it strange with those southern districts.

Dfield,Newton, West Rusk... Pewitt? 

Interested to see what happens with Waskom and EF?

Is Atlanta a Sleeping Giant in D1?

Mexia, Gladwater? Woodville out of region 3?

Lets hear it...

16 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

D1 and D2 who yall got? D1 region 3 makes it strange with those southern districts.

Dfield,Newton, West Rusk... Pewitt? 

Interested to see what happens with Waskom and EF?

Is Atlanta a Sleeping Giant in D1?

Mexia, Gladwater? Woodville out of region 3?

Lets hear it...

Well Atlanta did not win a game last year........so that "giant" may require a little more beauty sleep. 

• LOL! 1
  • Wow 1

Guest Tiger03lb

Early favorites

Region 1-Brock, Iowa Park, Shallowater, and whitesboro

Region 2-MV, West, Koff, GV, Whitney

Sleepers: Winny, maybe Tatum if they get the new scheme down

Region 3-Franklin, LRA, Lorena, Yoe

Region 4-Edna, LV, Industrial 

Imo, region 3 will be loaded and the heavy favorite to win it this year again. Really going to be interesting if the current district 12 stays or goes. If so, it'll be a tough road to get out of that region. It'll be interesting to see if the current district 8 will stay or go to region 3 too. 

So who do you put at the #1 spot since we both have the 3A champs?

10 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Early favorites

Imo, region 3 will be loaded and the heavy favorite to win it this year again. Really going to be interesting if the current district 12 stays or goes. If so, it'll be a tough road to get out of that region. It'll be interesting to see if the current district 8 will stay or go to region 3 too. 

Tatum is replacing 26 seniors and learning a new system. I like West in Region 2. They return nearly their entire defense. MV will be tough again as well. 

19 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Tatum is replacing 26 seniors and learning a new system. I like West in Region 2. They return nearly their entire defense. MV will be tough again as well. 

Oddly enough Tatum with have its third 3 year starter at QB in a row. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Early favorites

Looking forward to region 3 in D1 this year.... Franklin is losing some good players but will be bringing back some really good players as well. Tbh i dont see them missing a beat but could be wrong. D2 champ Franklin vs D1 champ Lorena in district could be the game to watch in district next year. Even more so if both are undefeated goin into the game.

43 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I think that is the difference. Cole Watson coming with Keeling and his dad is the difference between what would have been horrible growing pains teaching a kid to make the reads needed to run that scheme....as opposed to now having a kid that has lived and breathed that system for the last 4 years. He runs the flexbone extremely well. We'll have the RBs and size up front. New DC has a way to make players to go all out for him. While expectations are low for us with so many graduating.....it may not be as gloomy as it seems. Time will tell. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

I think that is the difference. Cole Watson coming with Keeling and his dad is the difference between what would have been horrible growing pains teaching a kid to make the reads needed to run that scheme....as opposed to now having a kid that has lived and breathed that system for the last 4 years. He runs the flexbone extremely well. We'll have the RBs and size up front. New DC has a way to make players to go all out for him. While expectations are low for us with so many graduating.....it may not be as gloomy as it seems. Time will tell. 

I just wish it wasn’t a swing and miss and he wasn’t seasoned. 🤣🤣

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

So everyone with the exception of the one player will be learning a new system. Will the defense stay the same too?  Losing 26 seniors will hurt no matter who is at Qb. We are in the same boat but won’t be switching coaches or systems and I doubt we will be mentioned in Region 2 until we prove worthy (which may not happen). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

So everyone with the exception of the one player will be learning a new system. Will the defense stay the same too?  Losing 26 seniors will hurt no matter who is at Qb. We are in the same boat but won’t be switching coaches or systems and I doubt we will be mentioned in Region 2 until we prove worthy (which may not happen). 

I never said anything about losing 26 srs won’t hurt. Lol. 

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

They still got some pieces to work with and getting a qb helps too. Really depends on how the kids respond. 

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Looking forward to region 3 in D1 this year.... Franklin is losing some good players but will be bringing back some really good players as well. Tbh i dont see them missing a beat but could be wrong. D2 champ Franklin vs D1 champ Lorena in district could be the game to watch in district next year. Even more so if both are undefeated goin into the game.

Whomever wins or h*ll any of the 4 out of y'alls district has the best chance at winning the region.

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, BearFan13 said:

I have no clue what to expect with the upcoming season. We lost a lot, it’ll be up to the returning talent and having a few young guys step up. 

I think everyone is with you on that. Hopefully you guys will decide on a qb when the season starts. Lol

Guest Tiger03lb
4 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

If that’s the case there’s hope for us as well 😂 

Maybe so. I'm just patiently waiting on what UIL does this year. 

Just now, Tiger03lb said:

Maybe so. I'm just patiently waiting on what UIL does this year. 

Our district should be intact minus NB who drops... Really no where else to send any of the remaining teams. When we was 4A they'd send us south alot... So ya never know with UIL.

Guest Tiger03lb
16 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Our district should be intact minus NB who drops... Really no where else to send any of the remaining teams. When we was 4A they'd send us south alot... So ya never know with UIL.

I'll agree that you guys are good on your district and will probably have a 6 teams this year. No telling where we'll be this alignment. Region 2 seems to make more sense but like you said you never know. Districts 7 and 8 will probably have 7/8 teams each this go round.

2 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Learning a new system is never easy. But having a signal caller that has it in his veins helps lol. We return 1 RB in Norris, a WR in Redwine, and 3 linemen that started the last several games of the season. Defense returns the D1 interior linemen and 6 LBS that started at one point or another during the season. There's some building blocks for Keeling to work with. As far as me saying our name should be considered at the top of the region? Nah, I ain't saying that.....but I am saying the QB coming makes this transition thing a lot easier than if he wasn't coming. 

1 minute ago, Eagle8 said:

Learning a new system is never easy. But having a signal caller that has it in his veins helps lol. We return 1 RB in Norris, a WR in Redwine, and 3 linemen that started the last several games of the season. Defense returns the D1 interior linemen and 6 LBS that started at one point or another during the season. There's some building blocks for Keeling to work with. As far as me saying our name should be considered at the top of the region? Nah, I ain't saying that.....but I am saying the QB coming makes this transition thing a lot easier than if he wasn't coming. 

No doubt it makes it easier. I think both our teams will have some growing up to do. I’ve seen some talent within the groups coming up but someone will have to step up or some out of nowhere to fill some big shoes. Elijah Carter a few years ago is a good example of a kid coming out of nowhere. He was nowhere to be found until his sophomore year and then everyone knew him.  I think another important thing for us will be to keep Vastles at DC.  He made a huge difference on the defensive side.