3A- ETX Region 3/2- Way to early teams to watch

Rowebot

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

Whomever wins or h*ll any of the 4 out of y'alls district has the best chance at winning the region.

I agree who ever wins the region i believe will come out of our district and rep at state as well on the bottom bracket... I believe the district will be either 1/2 Lorena/Franklin 3.Academy 4.Yoe... Academy could upset either Lorena or Franklin

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

Learning a new system is never easy. But having a signal caller that has it in his veins helps lol. We return 1 RB in Norris, a WR in Redwine, and 3 linemen that started the last several games of the season. Defense returns the D1 interior linemen and 6 LBS that started at one point or another during the season. There's some building blocks for Keeling to work with. As far as me saying our name should be considered at the top of the region? Nah, I ain't saying that.....but I am saying the QB coming makes this transition thing a lot easier than if he wasn't coming. 

If Tatum can come up with a good FB who can pound the middle that will make Cole very effective because he is a wizard at hiding the ball, a lot of the time the defense will cave in on the FB and Cole has pulled the ball out and runs untouched to the end zone has happened many times in his short career. Remember his freshman year he broke his collar bone. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dadgoat said:

I’m just waiting on 3a d2 districting next week. There is 13 schools from Prairieland to Ef. Where do they all fit?? 

For sure.... hard to count waskom out but with all the uncertainty... Daingerfield the favorite in D2? Newton graduated a few studs but overall were pretty young, west rusk as well. 

D2

Favorites - Dfield (pedigree and returners), West Rusk (returning A-LOT), Newton (senior Heavy this year) 

Contenders - Waskom/EF (New Staffs but always loaded), PP (I heard they are returning a lot of depth)

Sleepers - New Waverly watched them against West Rusk don't think they graduated a whole lot and they had never been that deep, kind of seemed like the perfect storm for a cinderella story but they couldnt put the ball in the endzone

You never knows- Hooks, Dekalb, HS (I think they were senior heavy though), and i Dont know a lot about Arp

43 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

D2

Favorites - Dfield (pedigree and returners), West Rusk (returning A-LOT), Newton (senior Heavy this year) 

Contenders - Waskom/EF (New Staffs but always loaded), PP (I heard they are returning a lot of depth)

Sleepers - New Waverly watched them against West Rusk don't think they graduated a whole lot and they had never been that deep, kind of seemed like the perfect storm for a cinderella story but they couldnt put the ball in the endzone

You never knows- Hooks, Dekalb, HS (I think they were senior heavy though), and i Dont know a lot about Arp

Newton only graduating 7 kids. Now those 7 were good player but return a lot as well. 

3 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

Thats what i thought... Both the backs that carried most of the load through the year are back if im not wrong

The Gaston kid is graduating. Not sure about the others. The QB is back and he is a good player. Return a lot on defense if I remember correctly. 

22 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

I think everyone is with you on that. Hopefully you guys will decide on a qb when the season starts. Lol

I think we will go with the sophomore who started from this past season. (Not Castles) we might’ve moved off from him to early in the season. That way we can continue to have a threat from the receiver position in Lewis. The big missing piece last year was we did not have a home run threat from the RB position and that’s something very uncommon in Gladewater. Like GWBears said though, nobody saw Eligia Carter coming, so hopefully we get some surprises like that to compliment the run game. I also agree that it’s very important for us to retain Castles as DC. He really made some strides with our defense and the defense seemed to take off when they plugged his son in at LB. 

Guest Tiger03lb
20 hours ago, BearFan13 said:

I think we will go with the sophomore who started from this past season. (Not Castles) we might’ve moved off from him to early in the season. That way we can continue to have a threat from the receiver position in Lewis. The big missing piece last year was we did not have a home run threat from the RB position and that’s something very uncommon in Gladewater. Like GWBears said though, nobody saw Eligia Carter coming, so hopefully we get some surprises like that to compliment the run game. I also agree that it’s very important for us to retain Castles as DC. He really made some strides with our defense and the defense seemed to take off when they plugged his son in at LB. 

I'll agree. I think having another year with Castles at DC will benefit a lot. I would actually use his son in some TE sets too. 

15 minutes ago, NewtonBaller said:

We lost 7 and replacing Gatson hurts, but are returning a very athletic team, just have to get the ball to our athletes.

New Waverly is losing their QB but returning all other skill players, supposedly they have a junior QB who is better than the guy was this year.

Other than that hows the district going to be.... pretty bad?

15 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

My God D2 District 11??????????????????????????????????????????

D11 is the most competitive. 3 clear playoff teams, 2 others fighting for 1 and done. 

D9 might as well hand the trophy to West Rusk now. Sadly the district got weaker and I didn't know that was possible. 

D10 is literally a toss up of the least terrible. 

D12 is Newton's to lose and New Waverly taking 2nd. 

5 minutes ago, WestRusk2009 said:

D11 is the most competitive. 3 clear playoff teams, 2 others fighting for 1 and done. 

D9 might as well hand the trophy to West Rusk now. Sadly the district got weaker and I didn't know that was possible. 

D10 is literally a toss up of the least terrible. 

D12 is Newton's to lose and New Waverly taking 2nd. 

Yeah yall will stroll through that nice and easy.....

On 1/26/2022 at 6:47 PM, lionpride08 said:

I agree who ever wins the region i believe will come out of our district and rep at state as well on the bottom bracket... I believe the district will be either 1/2 Lorena/Franklin 3.Academy 4.Yoe... Academy could upset either Lorena or Franklin

Welcome to the new District of Doom and Destruction! 5 class programs.