3A- ETX Region 3/2- Way to early teams to watch

Rowebot

12 hours ago, Ijustwatch said:

I’m predicting 

Hughes 2nd place 

EF More talent than you think 

Waskom- I think you will see the loss of keeling a lot more than you think. Ef takes backs the rivalry. 

Waskom brings back a coach who is very familiar with the EF rivalry, plus even though Waskom lost a lot in coaches and players we do bring back a 3 year starter in Hamilton and have some speedster on defense that will play both ways this year as running backs. Waskom's OL will be the big question, I don't think EF takes back the rivalry at all. 😃

1 hour ago, Rowebot said:

I dont know if they pull it off but i really do think they give a run.... That district is screwed because theres no easy first round matchup for anyone............. So Troup Over Arp???

I would say Newton will roll over the 4th place team from that district for sure.

37 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

Ef 8-2 

Waskom 2-8 

they go back to the nineties. Pearson is no keeling 

How would you know, I can say that Pearson is a good fit for Waskom he was there for the State Championship runs and for the rebuilding time also. Nobody is going back to the 90's Waskom will continue winning EF will be one of those wins. 

We will see that’s why it’s a prediction. Not saying Pearson isn’t a good fit. But what Keeling did in Waskom won’t be duplicated. It was almost a miracle the success Waskom has had. You will see. I know deep down Wild you were upset when y’all hired a Soccer guy 10-12 years ago. Now you will be mad you didn’t hire another one. Lol

It’s just hard to fall apart that fast when they lived in the weight room. Does Waskom have a weak class from the 7th grade up that could set them back? Obviously it’s yet to be seen if Pearson can maintain what Keeling was able to build, but taking a step back for Waskom right now still means competing for district championships.

22 minutes ago, MoCo said:

It’s just hard to fall apart that fast when they lived in the weight room. Does Waskom have a weak class from the 7th grade up that could set them back? Obviously it’s yet to be seen if Pearson can maintain what Keeling was able to build, but taking a step back for Waskom right now still means competing for district championships.

Waskom has a very good 8th grade team moving up, I think they may have 3 players that can play varsity this year though one of them might need to play JV. 8th grade did not lose a game and 7th grade only lost to Hughes Springs. Waskom's biggest question will be at QB and the OL but the QB position is looking up right now. 

53 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

We will see that’s why it’s a prediction. Not saying Pearson isn’t a good fit. But what Keeling did in Waskom won’t be duplicated. It was almost a miracle the success Waskom has had. You will see. I know deep down Wild you were upset when y’all hired a Soccer guy 10-12 years ago. Now you will be mad you didn’t hire another one. Lol

There is one thing you have to understand we didn't win another State Title after Pearson left.....🤣

On 4/12/2022 at 8:49 PM, WestRusk2009 said:

I could see Edgewood at 2 seed in District 9. Upon further research they seem to be a scrappy team that will greatly benefit from dropping down. 

I think Edgewood gets second in District 9 as well.  They have experience at QB and young skill guys who are talented. Big question is their line play on both sides. They are not big and lost lots experience on both sides. Could be a fun group to watch. 

1 hour ago, RogerDorn said:

De Kalb rb will be fun to watch . over 1000  as a sophomore this past season

Isn’t there a RB coming up that will be a freshman next year that could’ve played varsity ball this year? Seems like DeKalb has several really good backs and that pistol wishbone (or whatever they want to call it) was nasty.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MoCo said:

Isn’t there a RB coming up that will be a freshman next year that could’ve played varsity ball this year? Seems like DeKalb has several really good backs and that pistol wishbone (or whatever they want to call it) was nasty.

I thought he was in 9th grade this year not 100 %

12 hours ago, MoCo said:

Pearson was the weight room fanatic during Waskom’s build up years.  Brownsboro couldn’t play football but they won  state powerlifting once and would have run away with it again had covid not shut it down.  Waskom is already working harder in the weight room this week than they were I  would bet.  
I have a feeling the Daingerfield Waskom game will be meaningful.

• Like 2

You are definitely correct Waskom didn’t Win another State Championship. But Waskom continued to Win at a huge rate!!!! Brownsboro never turned the corner with Pearson in charge!!!! These are opinions. I don’t know Keeling that well but I know people that are pretty close with him they just say he has a way with kids. I really have never even met Pearson.  Maybe he will continue the success. I just doubt it. 

54 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

You are definitely correct Waskom didn’t Win another State Championship. But Waskom continued to Win at a huge rate!!!! Brownsboro never turned the corner with Pearson in charge!!!! These are opinions. I don’t know Keeling that well but I know people that are pretty close with him they just say he has a way with kids. I really have never even met Pearson.  Maybe he will continue the success. I just doubt it. 

That is ok to have a different opinion, our opinions are just different. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, Rowebot said:

Does any one knoe anything about Crockett????????? how/why have they fallen off as of late....... will they challeng Diboll/Woodville/Coldspring anytime soon???

New HC has started disciplining there and a lot are not liking it or used to it and are in the hallways in a lot of sports from what I heard is the main reason. 

Was told there will be some good classes coming up but not in the near future.