Economy Topped All Expectations In 4th Quarter of 2021

BarryLaverty

12 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Because I've seen enough to know that we've also LOST a significant number of jobs over the past year or so, too.

Biden only been in office barely a year so what does anything prior to that have to do with him?I'd like to see the numbers when he took office to what it is now... maybe that'll clear the air

• Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

As consumers attempted to get ahead of supply chain delays and out-of-stocks, spending was pulled forward from the typical holiday period of November and December to October. This helped to lift overall fourth-quarter consumption for the final three months of the year to a rate well above that from the third quarter, even as retail sales in December pulled back on a month-over-month basis.

Barry, you get this right?  People are buying ahead, because the suppliers are telling us that they can't get stuff for us... which means Q1 should plunge...  simple economics.

17 minutes ago, JETT said:

Biden only been in office barely a year so what does anything prior to that have to do with him?I'd like to see the numbers when he took office to what it is now... maybe that'll clear the air

How about this?

https://www.thebalance.com/jobs-report-monthly-employment-growth-statistics-3305732

To be fair, Trump didn't "get back" the 20+ million that were lost, either. But you can't say that the small gains are as high as they were from May to September of 2020.

8 hours ago, JETT said:

Inflation was coming no matter who was president.... 

We will never know now.  Trump could have done exactly what Reagan did to end inflation in the 80's.  At that time it was over 14%.  Biden would never go that route, but Trump would have.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

What improvement?  Used vehicles are 40% above normal prices.  Groceries are up almost 10%.  Fuel is up a lot.  Lots of stores don’t have stuff on the shelves.  The stock markets reaching all time highs don’t always tell the tale.  

Part of the reason the stock market did rise under Biden was because of inflation.  Even during the Reagan years the stock market increased from 500 - 2000, but then he also had black Monday because of computerized trading that was fairly recent at that time.  It still is a tale of the tape of the inflation that Biden has allowed to get out of control.  

2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

The economy has never been better for some folks.........................

https://www.reuters.com/business/pandemic-boosts-super-rich-share-global-wealth-2021-12-07/

They weren't as affected by the pandemic and shutting down as many Mom and Pops and the average working man have had to deal with because of failed lock downs.  

3 minutes ago, JETT said:

So your saying it went downhill from then til biden got elected? Glad you admitted something 

How could it not ?  Trump could not stop states from shutting down their economies, and thinking about it now, he shouldn't have signed the stimuless package.  That would have made the citizens of those states to beg their Governors to open them back up.  

Just now, DaveTV1 said:

How could it not ?  Trump could not stop states from shutting down their economies, and thinking about it now, he shouldn't have signed the stimuless package.  That would have made the citizens of those states to beg their Governors to open them back up.  

He contributed to the mess wether you admit it or not

• Roll Eyes 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

Color me shocked 

I call it like I see it.  Trump either knew and went along with it or he got duped.  Either way, the dimnuts ran the narrative on the plandemic.  Narrative is slowly crumbling and people are seeing it for what it is.

29 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

I call it like I see it.  Trump either knew and went along with it or he got duped.  Either way, the dimnuts ran the narrative on the plandemic.  Narrative is slowly crumbling and people are seeing it for what it is.

Trump also tried to downplay it, but the Dims did too at first.  He foresaw what was about to happen to his great economy, and that's the last thing he wanted to happen.  I actually think had we treated this like the flu then there wouldn't have been the mass hysteria that we've seen.  There have never been a masked mandate, although they were suggested by Health Boards during the 1918 Spanish Influenza Pandemic.  Businesses weren't closed, but many people lived off the land at that time.  While they did have closures in some American cities at the time Baltimore and St. Louis come to mind, it was not as widespread as it was in 2020.  Sports events were only stopped because of WW I, but most of those events were in Europe, and not the U.S. .  Health Officials simply messed up, because they feared hospitals would be overloaded, many back then wouldn't even go to the hospital for the Spanish Influenza, because they didn't have health insurance and they trusted home remedies.  

1 hour ago, ObiOne said:

The swamp still needed a lot more draining ... still does .... it takes time .....