Official 2022 FOOTBALL SCHEDULES

Eagleborn

19 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Back in the 90s and early 2000s Tatum and SH hated each other, dearly. I still do honestly. Rivalries never die. Kill the Hill. 

I remember my uncle running the quarter against a kid from Tatum. He never could beat him. They battled it out at Regionals and throughout the majority of the seaon, honestly. The mile relay between the 2 schools was a blast to watch. He graduated in the mid 90's. Those were the days of multiple sub 50's. Those days are long gone.

Also, if Sabine is playing Dallas Parish Episcopal, good luck. Bad decision honestly. Hope some of your kids don't get hurt. 

On 2/11/2022 at 11:17 PM, Sportsguru02 said:

That’s different you have no choice to play who’s in ur district 

I understand that.  Just wondering if they think it's an advantage for one team to play the other twice.  Is that saying the other coach is better at adjustments?

13 minutes ago, KellyLeak said:

I remember my uncle running the quarter against a kid from Tatum. He never could beat him. They battled it out at Regionals and throughout the majority of the seaon, honestly. The mile relay between the 2 schools was a blast to watch. He graduated in the mid 90's. Those were the days of multiple sub 50's. Those days are long gone.

Also, if Sabine is playing Dallas Parish Episcopal, good luck. Bad decision honestly. Hope some of your kids don't get hurt. 

*my uncle was from spring hill, sorry for leaving that out.

13 minutes ago, KellyLeak said:

What’s weird is out of all the 4x4 teams we’ve had medal at state, I can’t remember any individual 400m guys getting medals besides a kid in the late 90s. 

On 2/14/2022 at 11:29 AM, KellyLeak said:

Could be a number of people, would be hard for me to get the right name. Coach Hag had some ridiculous track teams in the 90s. 

51 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Could be a number of people, would be hard for me to get the right name. Coach Hag had some ridiculous track teams in the 90s. 

Jason Hendrix comes to mind. We called him Wolf. Dude was nasty running the quarter. Sucked a guy up that was over 50 meters ahead of him on the final lap of the mile relay. Jason got the stick and guy in front of him was over halfway to the 300M mark. Dewayne Reese was another pretty bad dude running the quarter. Travian Smith and brother Brian Smith we’re also hosses. 

3 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Jason Hendrix comes to mind. We called him Wolf. Dude was nasty running the quarter. Sucked a guy up that was over 50 meters ahead of him on the final lap of the mile relay. Jason got the stick and guy in front of him was over halfway to the 300M mark. Dewayne Reese was another pretty bad dude running the quarter. Travian Smith and brother Brian Smith we’re also hosses. 

Did he run in the Olympics or was he just an alternate? I remember he was one or the other. Talking about Hendrix

2 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Man that was so long ago but I think he was an alternate. 

My brother used to tell me stories about him running. Often looked like he was in a race all by himself because nobody was close enough to him to be in view when you were watching him lol. 

2 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

My brother used to tell me stories about him running. Often looked like he was in a race all by himself because nobody was close enough to him to be in view when you were watching him lol. 

At one time had UIL 200m record with a 20.8 but the 400 is where he looked so fast because like your bro told you, there would be nobody even close to him. People absolutely hated to see Tatum show up to track meets. We left a track meet in Gladewater one year because of the bitter cold. We completed field events and left and still finished the meet in the top 3. 🤣

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

1992 Track and field championship. 

200M

1. Mike Marsh 19.97

2. Carl Lewis 20.07

3. Jason Hendrix 20.35

Afterwards, Lewis was asking “Who’s that?”  Apparently because Hendrix was younger and an unknown. Lol

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

1992 Track and field championship. 

200M

1. Mike Marsh 19.97

2. Carl Lewis 20.07

3. Jason Hendrix 20.35

Afterwards, Lewis was asking “Who’s that?”  Apparently because Hendrix was younger and an unknown. Lol

I bet coach j b haggerty could run with all of em !!  

3 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

At one time had UIL 200m record with a 20.8 but the 400 is where he looked so fast because like your bro told you, there would be nobody even close to him. People absolutely hated to see Tatum show up to track meets. We left a track meet in Gladewater one year because of the bitter cold. We completed field events and left and still finished the meet in the top 3. 🤣

That was back when we was in meets that current 6As ran in.