*** 2022 - 2024 2A DI District 11 ***

KirtFalcon

• KirtFalcon changed the title to *** 2022 - 2024 2A DI District 11 ***
1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

So, it looks like we go from a 6 team district to a 7 team district ...

Dropped  ...  West Hardin

Picked up  .... West Sabine and Grapeland

Any early thoughts? ....

1. Timpson. Yes they lose a lot but they bring back the best player in AA. They are the team to beat until someone does it. 
2. Garrison. They seemed to find their identity late in the season last year. 
3. Joaquin. Once again, if we can stay healthy, we can play with anyone. Senior class is one of the best groups we’ve had. Hopefully they all get to enjoy the whole ride. 
4. Shelbyville. I really liked the offense they put together last year. It will be interesting to see what that staff does in year 2. 
5. San Augustine. Coach Barnes will get a second year to mold his youngsters into a winner. Tough hill to climb in this district. 
6. West Sabine. Depth could prove to be huge being the smallest school in the district. 
7. Grapeland. Really need to find some consistency to compete in this league. The athletes are there. 

Those are my way too early preliminary picks. I honestly think the whole thing is wide open. 

• Like 1

I agree, Timpson is the preseason favorite until someone knocks them off .... folks in Shiner would disagree with you about the best player in AA and I would agree with them (Brooks) ... 

I don’t know if there is a clear cut #2 yet .... Garrison's line should be improved barring the injury bug again .... just like last season, I'd say Joaquin, Garrison and Shelbyville could finish 2-4 in any order .... San Augustine is a wild card and could make the playoffs ..... honestly don't know much about Grapeland or West Sabine .... I know injuries hit both Garrison and Joaquin pretty hard last season  ....  hoping for a lot fewer injuries this year for everyone  .....

• 2 months later...
Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

High Island went 6 man nimrod....lol....I'm betting they done before Colmesneil gets to play them.....lol

That's why I suggested they play them, numb nutts .... to make it fair ..... 😂

• LOL! 1

• 3 months later...

Seeing lots of discussion about some of the teams in our district on other threads, so I dug this one up to see if we could get some conversation going. Right now all I know is, ITS HOT. How hot? Doomer told me his cow was giving evaporated milk and his hens were laying hard boiled eggs. 

1 minute ago, Doomer said:

I wouldn't underestimate Shelbyville or Timpson.

I won’t underestimate anyone in this district. Lots of people saying SA won’t make the playoffs. From ‘17-19, they ruled region 3. They could be a force again. 

• Like 1

We play Warren at Warren in pre district this year .... reminds me of when we played them there my senior year in 71 .... it rained cats and dogs all day before the game and poured down all throughout the first half .... the field was ankle deep in water ...... it started lightning and  they called the game off at halftime tied 0 - 0 ..... it was like playing football at the beach ....

12 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Grapeland could be a wild card .... not sure what they are returning .... 

Grapeland has a freshman QB who may be one of the best we've ever had before it's over. Depth could be an issue but if we stay healthy we'll be in the playoff conversation. Great athletes as always. The cupboard is far from bare in Sandie Nation. 

• 3 weeks later...

Copied from the forum rules above:

The spreading of unfounded, unpublished rumors concerning any school,
coach, student or any faculty member. You are, however, welcome to post
facts for the purpose of discussion, if you think there's some validity to a possible story---u2u the owner "smoaky", or email him at [email protected] so he can do his own research. If you're going to post a thread about a potential story or topic---put "THIS IS SPECULATION" at the top of the main comments in the thread.

Before you post anything about a player concerning their status or availability for a game or games, please remember that these are high school kids. Keep the discussion about the players on the field. If you are going to post something about a player or coach concerning something that didn’t happen on the field or court, it needs to include a link to a credible news source. Your “insider information” or what you “know to be a fact” is irrelevant without a link. The best thing to do is remember you are talking about a minor, and let it go. If we see these types of posts that don’t include a link, suspensions will be issued. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

CC didn’t look too bad against buffalo tonight..  we scored 5 and buffalo scored 1 ..  

our defense was impressive !  But the offense could have done better.. 

All in all ..  it wasn’t bad for a first scrimmage 

4 of those scores were when varsity starters were going against Buffalo's 2s and JV kids sprinkled in so I'd tap the breaks there hot stuff (btw, I'm still waiting for you to post more practice videos on Facebook).

Buffalo won the live portion of the game 7-0.  Buffalo's also putting in a 3rd offense in 3 years and a 3rd defense in 3 years so again, I'd tap the breaks some.

I will say good luck to Corrigan and to Buffalo as they move forward.