*** 2022 - 2024 2A DI District 11 ***

KirtFalcon

21 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Week 6 

Timpson at San Augustine 

Joaquin at Garrison 

West Sabine at Grapeland 

Shelbyville has a bye. 

Timpson will continue to roll. The winner of Joaquin and Garrison will be in really good shape towards locking down a playoff spot. The loser of WS and Grapeland is facing a huge uphill battle in making the playoffs with having 3 good teams left on the schedule. 

Timpson

Joaquin

Grapeland

Joaquin gets a big W at Garrison (first time we’ve won at the Dog Pound since 1990). 
To no one’s surprise, Timpson woodshedded SA. 
West Sabine picked up a big win over Grapeland, leaving the Sandies needing to beat SA, Shelbyville and either Joaquin or Garrison to have a realistic playoff shot. 
So two weeks into district play, I have 

1. Timpson (6-0, 2-0); Joaquin 4-1, 2-0)

3. Garrison (4-2, 1-1);

4. West Sabine (2-4, 1-1) lost to Garrison 

5. Shelbyville (3-2, 0-1); San Augustine (0-6, 0-1)

7. Grapeland (1-5, 0-2) 

What are y’all’s thoughts on things after two weeks of district games?

On 9/30/2022 at 10:56 PM, trueblue82 said:

Joaquin gets a big W at Garrison (first time we’ve won at the Dog Pound since 1990). 
To no one’s surprise, Timpson woodshedded SA. 
West Sabine picked up a big win over Grapeland, leaving the Sandies needing to beat SA, Shelbyville and either Joaquin or Garrison to have a realistic playoff shot. 
So two weeks into district play, I have 

1. Timpson (6-0, 2-0); Joaquin 4-1, 2-0)

3. Garrison (4-2, 1-1);

4. West Sabine (2-4, 1-1) lost to Garrison 

5. Shelbyville (3-2, 0-1); San Augustine (0-6, 0-1)

7. Grapeland (1-5, 0-2) 

What are y’all’s thoughts on things after two weeks of district games?

Serious question,when has SA gone winless? Haven't in my 12 years on smoaky if I remember correctly.surely they can beat one of the other teams in district? Or 2? Not being disrespectful or anything but they are struggling bad nowadays,and the question just popped in my head 🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Serious question,when has SA gone winless? Haven't in my 12 years on smoaky if I remember correctly.surely they can beat one of the other teams in district? Or 2? Not being disrespectful or anything but they are struggling bad nowadays,and the question just popped in my head 🤷‍♂️

Shelbyville, WS, and Grapeland look like winnable games for them to me. Not saying they will win all or any of those, but they stand a puncher’s chance in each one. 

37 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

25 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Oh yeah. The Brian Clay era. Also the year the only liquor store in SA county made record profits. Coincidence? I don’t think so!

Ironically there another being built in front of Brookshire’s now….

19 minutes ago, Lambo said:

I got a pretty cool story about that 2010 SA Team. 😬😬😬

You mean the one about them blowing a 32-8 halftime lead at Ram Stadium? Cuz I think Wolfman has tried really hard to forget it. I’m not sure why people keep bringing it up. 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

You mean the one about them blowing a 32-8 halftime lead at Ram Stadium? Cuz I think Wolfman has tried really hard to forget it. I’m not sure why people keep bringing it up. 

It's a cool story... Moved Underbrink over to guard on the right side and we ran 44 power most of the second half behind me and him. It's one of the stories I'll tell my son whose named after him one day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Doomer said:

It is like every goob on the planet is trying to cut into doomy's profits now days.

Maybe you should consider coming down on your prices a little there, buddy. That fuel line I ran for you off of that gas well by your still in Deadwood should keep your overhead low. 

59 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Maybe you should consider coming down on your prices a little there, buddy. That fuel line I ran for you off of that gas well by your still in Deadwood should keep your overhead low. 

He's trying to operate like OPEC ...

No real surprises this week. Joaquin blows out Grapeland and takes over the #1 spot at 3-0. Timpson sits at 2-0 after the bye.  Garrison squashed Shelbyville who seems to be on the struggle bus suddenly and stays in the hunt at 2-1. West Sabine is a half game back of Garrison at 2-1 after a come from behind win over San Augustine. Shelbyville and SA are tied for 5th at 0-2. Grapeland looks ready for 🏀 at 0-3. 
Week 8 games:

Joaquin at SA

West Sabine at Timpson 

Shelbyville at Grapeland. 

Joaquin can guarantee themselves a playoff spot with a win. Grapeland is mathematically eliminated with a loss. Everything else is wide open at this point.